Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Most here think Rayburn is lacking something on his chassis. If you know what he is behind on, I'd like to know. What I do know, is CJ is no dummy. He changed my mind on static weight way back when he first started his business. That was when most where running 60% to 70% left side weight. That is a lesson that some haven't really understood yet today. I guess you don't know what you don't know. Just from what I've heard, CJ is a proponent of leaf springs.He even said, "Don't throw them away." Now I see calls for the leaf spring to return.

We have always had magic chassis, and none of them where that far ahead of the others. I don't think CJ is that far behind either. Just look at how many different chassis have won last year.
    His newer front geometry is decent. I think a couple small tweaks are needed. His cross member is too low. His newer swing arm geometry is pretty good.

I spent a lot of time modifying the car that Victor Lee drove for CJ at East Bay in 2012? What Rusty has is pretty close to what I wound up with, except I never had the new LR. It was my buddy's car. He got his first ever SLM victory with it in 2015 and it still had Konis on it and a stock block engine under the hood. We borrowed a more modern RF shock and got the car driving pretty darn good.

If you get a car from Rusty, right now, it is capable of winning anywhere. Period.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-10-2018 at 08:31 AM.