Thumbs up For all the super guys that run some crate races. Fastrak finale in 2019 $50,000

For all the super late model guys that run crate races like Davenport & O'Neal. Just seen the Fastrak finale in 2019 will pay $50,000 to win at Virginia Motor Speedway.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 01-27-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Bloomer might show up in a crate for that race!

Lightbulb

This is a prime example of what is wrong with crate and why it doesn't deliver what is promised. A better idea would be to fatten the purse all the way thru and make it $5K to win max. Just like deep sea fishing, "Chum in the water draws ALL sharks, NOT just the little ones... and $50K is a lot of chum." This does nothing for the racers who support them week in and week out.
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 01-29-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Bloomer might show up in a crate for that race!
    And a bunch of others as well. Who wouldn't for that kind of $$.
    8/13/16

I don't run with the Fastrak crates (I run mainly with the UCRA) but this is one they should only limit to people who have started #th amount of races in Fastrak that season to be eligible to run for that race. Just my honest opinion.

For that kind of $$$ , if schedules permit it, your going to see a lot of SLM guys... Eckert, Franklin, Bloomquist has been there for less in his SLM, JD will find a ride. It's going to be all about scheduling.

I don't run with the Fastrak crates (I run mainly with the UCRA) but this is one they should only limit to people who have started #th amount of races in Fastrak that season to be eligible to run for that race. Just my honest opinion.

In a perfect world I would agree but there is no way VMS could allow that. While we all know Sawyer throws around money because he can it would be a stupid business decision. They need to draw a lot of cars and actual fans to cover a purse like that. Remember the tracks pay the purse for these things. Not the series. In the end I think they'll draw quite a few SLM guys and less actual crate guys. The SLM guys will put more fans in the stands though.

lucas oil at knoxville that weekend
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    lucas oil at knoxville that weekend
    Not to be a jerk, but it’s 2019, none of the schedules for then are out yet. Unless Knoxville is the same every year.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

hahaha typical , i didnt even see that part
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

I was wondering if the dates were going to lineup with the national tours or not.

Side question. Has Bloomquist ever ran a crate or turned practice laps with one?

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    hahaha typical , i didnt even see that part
    I do hope they run it the same weekend as a big super late model race though. But, it’d have to be like Knoxville for example. One that is far away, and you’re not competing for fans, and will only lose maybe 3 drivers.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

this would be great if it where only for the drivers who support this series every weekend.

In the past, they have run a race on Friday for Fastrak only drivers for 5k to win to go along with the headline race on Saturday
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

"You rarely get positive results from people who do nothing but complain".

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Totally agree 100%

I, unlike most that frequent this site, really like what Fastrak has tried to do. There are guys racing around my home now, with a crate, that had parked the cars due to the cost years before the crates came around. With that said, I totally disagree with paying this kind of money, as it will draw in the big names, as has already been stated. No crate race should pay more than $5000 in my opinion. Leave the big bucks to the super races, let the crate guys have their big races to themselves. Paying this kind of money can make the track operators money if they can get commitments from big names, but it will keep the smaller names from winning.

This is just wrong.

Why should you limit the purses for crates they have just as much right to run for higher purses than anyone else. Hell even the FWD are running for 15 or 20 grand. The biggest. Winner check for the winter freeze at screven is not the WOO but the FWD's

Anyone who thinks this is so bad is not seeing the great part of it. Why cant a racer with a cheaper motor actually make good money versus what they spend. This is a great thing for the racer and helps keep them going