Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crate racing

Default Crate racing

Am I a fan. NO. I need someone to explain to me how these crate association people are pulling this off. Are all the promotors out there that stupid that they can't agree on a set of rules to stop paying a sanction fee to bring fastrack or rush into there speedway ? I don't know if it's all the races but I have seen a sign at the sign in trailer, Entry fee, 100.00 plus. WHY ? I have been to a handful 6 to 8 max. It is said over and over it was to stop the hi costs of late model racing ! The playing field and the rules were going to be that people would have a chance to win. HAHAHAHA. The same thing is happening, big buck teams that have the new xr-1 or longhorn with 10 grand shock packages, the light weight brake systems, the endless supply of tires are winning all the races. I have walked the pits and when I go by the tech area I see drivers and cars that have no business being there. JD, at a 5 grand to win crate race, come on man ! The race that has just been advertised for the big bucks, really, I am going to say it right know. Top 5 spots will be SLM touring guys. If not more. There is going to be more bartering for a motor. Eckert, Franklin, Pa and Maryland super guys will be all over that show.

10 grand shocks on a crate Man i need to see these

If you think there not there, you better look harder.

Sad, but true

i agree with you

It seems like for any of these "cost saving" types of racing to work, every part of the car has to be regulated. Whether it's shocks, or tires or engines or whatever. That's the only way to make sure the playing field is level, and expenses are managed for everyone.

This same complaint came about 10yrs ago when crates first came out. Lighter low drag rearends, brake systems, lighter hubs, lower drag tranny etc. Big bucks still gonna win cause they can spend the most to get the most HP to the ground. Writing was on the wall but the sheep still flocked. Sad isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    It seems like for any of these "cost saving" types of racing to work, every part of the car has to be regulated. Whether it's shocks, or tires or engines or whatever. That's the only way to make sure the playing field is level, and expenses are managed for everyone.
    No. You just keep the purse real low and the ringers will stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    No. You just keep the purse real low and the ringers will stay away.
    Get to low and no one will show up.

oxymoron = crate- racing

oxymoron = crate- racing
    or another IMCA

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Get to low and no one will show up.
    You'd be surprised.

I always find it funny that almost all of these people that proclaim to know why the cost of racing is so high are sitting on the side of the fence that has the bleachers.
    If all of these unicorns that people think are dominating crate racing really existed, you wouldn't be able to walk through the pits without getting gored by a horn.
    But I do agree that the many different rules packages are a problem. Car counts in all forms of late model racing will go down as nobody wants to completely reconfigure their car just to run a track 50 miles away or to run their own track when the regional touring series comes to town.
    But there is no need to make a crate late model a glorified street stock. The suspension innovation and freedom to try things outside the box is the appeal to most people that can't afford a $40,000 engine but would like to race something that wasn't pulled from a junk yard.
    You show me an area where the rules have pretty much stayed the same since the introduction of crate motors in a late model and I will show you car counts going up almost every season and some pretty good racing. You show me an area where they add new stupid rules every year in the name of cost savings and I will show you declining car counts and a pitiful excuse for competition.

Unless they are cheating their ass off there is no crate car with 10g shocks on it. Maybe on the supers with something fancy out of the norm deal. Top of the line da canisters shocks are at most6 grand

rumored that some one at tst last year had a shock or shocks on there crate car that could be adjusted external with a cell phone while car was going around the track , wander how much those baby,s cost ?????

If that's the case there tech at tst sucks because that's clearly illegal.

DEK. You better go talk to the guy behind fastrack. He made the comment on here that he had a shock in his hands that was outrageously expensive. He understands what's going on with shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    rumored that some one at tst last year had a shock or shocks on there crate car that could be adjusted external with a cell phone while car was going around the track , wander how much those baby,s cost ?????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HzfEYaUNFs

Been around for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    DEK. You better go talk to the guy behind fastrack. He made the comment on here that he had a shock in his hands that was outrageously expensive. He understands what's going on with shocks.
    Does he really? Because I asked him to show me one of these $10,000 shocks and he tap-danced around the question. I never got a link, reference, or anything as to where I could find one of these gems. He's a prime example of somebody that thinks he knows what's good for racers more than racers do. So no, he doesn't understand what's going on with shocks. He's one of the people that tells the stories about the unicorns I mentioned previously. And unfortunately, there are people buying it hook, line, and sinker.
    People see things they don't understand and, out of ignorance, assume that it must cost an insane amount of money. It's this same ignorant mentality that got us the Rumley rules and it's the same ignorant mentality that has backwards shock rules in some areas with crates. Along with other genius things like "no spring rubbers" and "one spring per wheel". Some promoters and sanctioning bodies just can't help themselves when it comes to making up stupid rules while completely failing to enforce the rules they have or outline a plan on enforcing the new ones. But if anybody points out their flawed logic, they are just bringing negativity into the sport.

Racers will never do what's best for racers as a group they are only going to do what's. Best for them as an individual .