Default Delaware restart?

Does anyone know the history behind the "Delaware restart" method used in auto racing restarts? I've had a foreign friend ask about it and I don't know the answer.

Good question I would like to know also
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Does anyone know the history behind the "Delaware restart" method used in auto racing restarts? I've had a foreign friend ask about it and I don't know the answer.
    What I remember being told at a track from one of the announcers (maybe Essex maybe not) they started at Delaware Speedway... hence why they became Delaware Double File restarts.

I don't know if down south they claim they started at Dixie Speedway, or just can't have a yankee name so they branded them Dixie Double File Restarts.
    "The Wise One"

Auto racings version of the participation trophy...give the fastest guy a head start. Dumb...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    What I remember being told at a track from one of the announcers (maybe Essex maybe not) they started at Delaware Speedway... hence why they became Delaware Double File restarts.

I don't know if down south they claim they started at Dixie Speedway, or just can't have a yankee name so they branded them Dixie Double File Restarts.
    I don’t know if Lucas has ever run at Delaware, but the WoO definitely has. Maybe Eshelman?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If I am not mistaken I believe it started up in the northeast on asphalt with Tom Curley and his ACT tour that he had in that part of the country and Canada.

I love it. The leader should have an advantage, be it small. 2nd place guy comes out okay as well. Great idea!

I hate single file restarts

Yeah, with enough cars on a small enough track, you can be half a lap down when you go green with single file restarts. I like how the double file can really mix things up on a restart, but can lead to more wrecks, too. Pros and cons to anything I guess.

Single file restarts SUCK for the fans. Straight up double file restarts SUCK for the racers because if the leader gets stuck on the bottom on a top dominant race track, there is likely going to be a massive pile up in turn one more often than not. The Delaware double file strikes a nice balance between the two.
    If I've worked hard to put my car up front, I shouldn't have to wreck a guy to get my line back on a restart.

Give the leader the choice of inside or outside..
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Auto racings version of the participation trophy...give the fastest guy a head start. Dumb...
    Give the leader the choice of inside or outside..
    Agree with both points man. But the Delaware starts aren’t bad at all either, it’s literally what, 15’-20’.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Difference Between Late Model Frames

I love late models but struggle with the difference between the builders of the late model frames. Is there really that much difference between a Rocket, Longhorn, Bloomquist, Club 29 or any of the others?

How about four wide on restarts?

I vote for "Choose" starts and restarts- Pick your starting spot every opportunity you have (including the initial start). Line up in running order, pick at the line- very nerve racking as a driver but at least gives you a chance to 'make your own destiny'.

Obviously you never led a lap in a race. The guy who gets the lead in a race deserves to start up front by him self. Doesn't mean he is going to stay there. I think the Delaware restart is the fairest thing I have seen so far.

This might be the silliest thing I've read on here in a while.

Double file restarts are great,until they decide stop doing double file restarts,all because of consecutive cautions,due to double file restarts causing consecutive cautions.nothing like taking the potential of a better finish away from the drivers (current leader of said race would disagree I'm sure.) and disappointing to us FANS too.
    Last edited by Dirt55; 02-18-2018 at 09:18 PM.