Default Who has been to 141 Speedway in Maribel Wi. ? Opinions?

Thinking about going to the Lucas Oil Spring Shootout at 141 Speedway in Maribel Wi. and am looking for people's opinions on the track, racing and seating there. It is a 9hr drive for me so any info would help. Thinking of making a little trip and going there and then to Deer Creek Speedway for the NAPA North Star Nationals the next night. I know Deer Creek is a excellent track and has had real close racing in the WoO Sprint Cars when I have been there.

Thanks in advance.

I was the announcer, advertising guy, and later, the GM back in the 80's when it was a 1/5 mile paved track.

The new dirt configuration is good...medium banked third mile. The seating is good plus they have a tavern on the premises where you can watch the races from. There's also a bridge just off turn three/four that is a great place to watch from. It's accessible from the pits.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Good racing, tight track, the locals are stellar already then you add in the travelers and it should be a dynamite show.

One of my favorite tracks to go to in NE WI. I would warn you that since seating is pretty close to the track to bring some sort of safety goggles as sometimes the dust can blow right at you if the wind is blowing the wrong way.

Fun track, tight off of four. As far as the locals comment, there are a few who can possibly hang, but for the most part, hoping there are enough travelers to keep those spots in the main to a minimum to keep the cautions down and equipment not all tore up. Seating will be tight... their Saturday night weekly shows are near or at capacity, so I expect this one to be double that. I am not sure if they are bringing in more seating, but if they have advance tickets, I would take advantage of that especially given your miles travelled.

So when we (those of us from WI) are talking "locals" are we talking the weekly guys from Shawano or are we talking everybody within 3-4 hours? If Shawano, then 1 or 2 guys have a chance to make the A-main.

WI drivers (statewide) that have a very good chance of making the show.
    Mars
    Anvelink
    Diemel
    McGrath

Outside shot
    Siefert
    Mueller
    Parker
    Swedeberg
    Berna

Regional guys that will likely be there
    Babb
    Simpson
    Feger
    Shirley
    Yaggy
    Diercks

Way early, but weather permitting expect 28-35 cars.

I wasn't thinking Lucas when I said local. I was thinking clash and those classes raced

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    I wasn't thinking Lucas when I said local. I was thinking clash and those classes raced
    I fugured that, but that's why I asked. Figured Heinen81 was refering to Shawano drivers and guys that race at Luxemburg, but wanted to clarify.

Regardless, it will be a good show.

I live about a hour from there ... id say get there very early for better seats ... parking can be a issue if you get there late .. the food and drinks are very good along with the bar ... on avg the place gets pretty dusty for weekly shows .. past few years turns 3-4 have some ruts and very narrow turns 1-2 much wider and usually smoother .. any other questions feel free to ask!
    2018 Races Follow DSRT45 Twitter for Results ! and Snapchat for snaps from races i attend!!

2018-- 51 attended ... so far
    2017-- 109 attended
    2016-- 98 attended
    2015-- 125 attended 2014--108 attended
    2013--90 attended 2012--75 attended 2011--81 attended