Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illini 100

It's a no go for Saturday. 3 to 5 inches of snow forecast at La Salle.

Im 2.5 hours south of Farmer City callin for %100 chance of rain Sat as of today

Weather Channel says snow up to an inch Saturday afternoon. Are tire chains legal?

I wish they’d pull the plug so people can make other plans. 35* and snow...

Could be as high as 60 but if its a lake..will not matter. The pits there, do not take water as good as the track...Its wet now and dont look like much sun the next week or 2

Postponed till April 13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Postponed till April 13-14
    Good move on them.. Looks bad for weather. glad they not wasting our time.

I wish the WoO would find a better date for the Illini or drop the sanction. Scheduling races in March around this area is plain stupid. They set this race for March every year and it never goes down as scheduled. If it had a better date, it would be as big of a event as the PDC. Instead, having it this early in cold weather keeps a lot of fans at home.
    Would just as soon see this race unsanctioned instead of expecting fans to come out in 30 or 40 degree weather.
    8/13/16

Yep, not even planning on going to these early dates around here anymore. Trying to sit through a race when temps are hovering around the freezing point ain't no fun.....

Not going to get excited till May round here these days.

More cars to lasalle now maybe???

LaSalle is next week anyway. Why would it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I wish the WoO would find a better date for the Illini or drop the sanction. Scheduling races in March around this area is plain stupid. They set this race for March every year and it never goes down as scheduled. If it had a better date, it would be as big of a event as the PDC. Instead, having it this early in cold weather keeps a lot of fans at home.
    Would just as soon see this race unsanctioned instead of expecting fans to come out in 30 or 40 degree weather.
    Pretty sure it has only been scheduled twice in March. The one year it was 70 degrees. You run the same risk in March as early April. I think they go in March when Easter is on the first weekend in April. Do not quote me on that though. It is one of my favorite events of the year and I think we all knew on Monday that there was no chance to get this in.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    LaSalle is next week anyway. Why would it matter?
    Regional guys looking to get car on track for first time this year, sometimes these guys can't race 2 two day races back to back weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Curious HH...had they raced this weekend, would Feger, Unzicker, Babb and some of the other central IL drivers been ready?

Haven't seen any word/pics on FB or anywhere else of Jason's ride for this season.

Feger is finishing up a new car and has the backup ready to go. Unzicker has pics on FB of his new car. Haven't seen anything on Babb but it's not his first rodeo...