Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the info as far as Eckert goes I quit going to races for about 3-4 years and quit following the sport working 55-60 hours a week pretty every week and not getting to go to the races kind of got out of the loop

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    What ever happened to Darrell Lanigan?

Sorry, I had to.
    he got tied up in a deal where he gets paid no matter how he finishes. Oneal has got the same deal, but he's not about to give up and let that kid of his whoop him every race....... yet

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Went back to being a bean farmer.
    not sure Miller was ever a farmer. Thinking he had an auto repair business in the early years of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    not sure Miller was ever a farmer. Thinking he had an auto repair business in the early years of racing.
    Just going off of what his dad told me, don't get a much better source than that.

what ever happened to jon Osman. ok who the he11. lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
    what ever happened to jon Osman. ok who the he11. lol
    I remember him well.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Just going off of what his dad told me, don't get a much better source than that.
    Learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Learn something new every day!
    They are large scale farmers. Thousands of acres, why he didn’t follow tours, at least I don’t think he did. He was very good though. Farming and the expense of racing just became too much of I’m not mistaken.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I've watched him since his early years racing, as he raced almost weekly at my local track. This is the first I have ever heard of him being a farmer. I'm not doubting you guys, just kinda shocked that I hadn't ever made that connection over the years.

I've noticed this too. Its a shame because most of these drivers were really good drivers and fun to watch. I remember watching Darren Miller run Bloomquist down and winning the North/South 100 @ Florence and after that he seemed to vanish from the tracks. Same thing with Birky. He was my favorite driver and I hate that he stopped racing. And some drivers can't afford to travel that used to like Billy Drake. He used to come over here to southern Ohio every year for the Lucas Oil shows and even picked up a win at PRP. But after his former car owner Wes Steidinger decided to step away from racing he had to start racing locally and now stays in Illinois most of the time.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Speaking of Darren Miller, to this day he holds the record for turning the fastest lap ever run by a generic dirt late model on The Springfield Mile. 27.581 seconds @ 130.525 MPH. He set the record in qualifications for the Illinois Fall Nationals back on September 17th, 2006. I was at Springfield the day he turned that lap. He was flat flyin'. I don't know for sure but that possibly could be the fastest average speed ever run by a dirt late model.

Wasn't aware Miller is a mega-farmer. Those huge operators are pretty busy at certain times of the year and I can see how it would interfere with his racing, or vise versa.

What ever happened to Wayne Chinn?

Quote Originally Posted by LugNutz View Post
    What ever happened to Wayne Chinn?
    He ran a little bit I think last year in Ohio area may have been the year before. Other than that..

What about Patrick Sheltra, Justin Rattliff, Terry Casey, Brad Neat, Josh McGuire, Michael England, Jeremy Miller, Jordan Bland?

As for Darren Miller, I remember he intended to run the Lucas series in 2009 and turned a couple of cars over in Georgia/Florida and then quit completely, never heard from him again.lol

I have a challange for the where they are crowd. Without using the internt, who can give some background on Ed Kisko? Hint, North Western Pen sylvania.

McGuire quit after a pretty nasty wreck and last I saw was big into politics in Kentucky. Ratliffs family is still racing they own Jason Jamesons car. The guy that I miss watching that I think had potential to do big things was Klint Byars

Quote Originally Posted by speedemon3b View Post
    McGuire quit after a pretty nasty wreck and last I saw was big into politics in Kentucky. Ratliffs family is still racing they own Jason Jamesons car. The guy that I miss watching that I think had potential to do big things was Klint Byars
    Yes. Very spot on with Klint Byars. And did he run well at Eldora, dang.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.