Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I didn't hear him ask for sympathy. He asked for fans to support him. The deal with Driggers last year, had to put LaSalle in a deep hole. If LaSalle closes, blame it on WRG. You know the organization that is supposed to work with tracks to help them keep the door open. If it closes, I doubt it will be a race track for long. The land is too valuable to other concerns and money talks. This is not a fairgrounds, so there isn't a bail out.

The penalty for letting Richards race was to kill the LaSalle track and it was much too harsh to be handed out by someone that is supposed to be working with you. They did nothing to Driggers, for handling it so poorly, yet take a man's livelihood away. Remember, Josh Richards was not banned from UMP. This was about a car ownership or lend lease deal.

I haven't been feeling too well, but I'll go support LaSalle if I can.

Good show, I guess I never knew feger was jumpin in a rocket till now

I guess that article that inside dirt track did, lot people in this thread fall under negative social media hurts tracks. What makes even funner is some don't even pay for dod to hear what he said and reply back with garbage.

50 mins from my house I would sure hate to lose the option of going there. Walking up the main grandstand and watching the cars throw it into turn 1 during hot laps will make hair stand up on your arms. Feel like you're literally on top of the track

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    Good show, I guess I never knew feger was jumpin in a rocket till now
    You must have caught the entry for the Dirt Million
    8/13/16

Must of forgot about it, anxious to see what the switch does for him!

Don't care how cold Sat is, I'll be there supporting Tony.

I love racing, but being at a race track when it's 30 degrees outside isn't fun. The tracks are also rarely in a good shape this early in the year and I don't like watching people tear up equipment. Maybe LaSalle is different. I've never been to that track.

Wasn't there some tracks that used to start after Mother's Day around the central part of the country? I thought maybe Fairbury used to be this way but could be wrong on that.

Fairbury has a very short season.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I didn't hear him ask for sympathy. He asked for fans to support him. The deal with Driggers last year, had to put LaSalle in a deep hole. If LaSalle closes, blame it on WRG. You know the organization that is supposed to work with tracks to help them keep the door open. If it closes, I doubt it will be a race track for long. The land is too valuable to other concerns and money talks. This is not a fairgrounds, so there isn't a bail out.

The penalty for letting Richards race was to kill the LaSalle track and it was much too harsh to be handed out by someone that is supposed to be working with you. They did nothing to Driggers, for handling it so poorly, yet take a man's livelihood away. Remember, Josh Richards was not banned from UMP. This was about a car ownership or lend lease deal.

I haven't been feeling too well, but I'll go support LaSalle if I can.
    Amen!!!!

Get well

Fairbury has usually been the last track to open around here, and just recently started extending the season for the open wheel cars.

Great interview. He's always passionate with his interviews.

I didn't listen to it yet because I am at work but you don't need a DOD account to hear the interview. - https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php...&year=2018#vid

The first video will be like 33 seconds, once you get past that one the late model live show one will come up

Not sure how far in the interview is.
    Last edited by i like racing; 03-29-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    Don't care how cold Sat is, I'll be there supporting Tony.
    You and me both! I told Tony last year that I support him for every race. I won't let him down.

This isn’t directed to any one promoter but I find it applies to many. I have been around dirt tracks for the last 25 years on a weekly basis and have watched the progression of promoters from promoting to blaming everything from the economy to social media for the problems of a certain track. Over all the years I have been around there has always been consistent signs of a promoter that works hard and promotes, I.E. each class that competes has a title sponsor for that class, signs banners billboards around the track of track sponsors, radio and weekly paper advertising etc. etc. I find that at the tracks that are complaining the most, there are none of these any more. Why? I have to assume that the promoter has given up. Is it hard work? YES of course! Just like anyone who races a car can tell you how hard it is to get anyone to give you money to support your personal program. The track is no different. But some promoters have become dependent on the back gate money and given up on pounding the pavement for sponsors. Hey if you can pay the bills from the back gate and don’t have to work too hard on the front gate then more power to you, but please don’t start complaining when it doesn’t. Some tracks now just run “Special Events” and have given up on the weekly shows because it doesn’t make enough money or just breaks even. As hard as it is to get a business to sponsor the track with signage, it must really be impossible to get anyone to pony up when you tell them they will only get 4 or 5 nights of exposer for their money. So it becomes a vicious cycle, spiraling down until the inevitable happens. If you cant afford to race because you don’t bust your but to get sponsors, then I guess you wont race anymore. Same goes for promoters, if you aren’t presenting a marketable opportunity in a professional manor. Busting your but every day to make things better, relying on the back gate to pay all the bills, you aint doing your job and you wont be able to have one for long. I work 9 to 5 every day, if all I do is sit around and complain. I wont have a job either! The most successful tracks around wont be that way for long if they take their foot off the throttle. The racers can help you by showing up, but you have to do your job too!

Something just sounds off to me, like something is being left out..hes acting like he cant get a crowd, what are they like? Man 25,000 for his lucas race the crowd should be bonkers...And what exactly did UMP take from him that devastated him financially? The summer national race?

When ever I'm there for a special race the place is packed! I love sitting in the pits, you are right on top of the track. One of my favorite tracks and I'm 2 hrs away!

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Something just sounds off to me, like something is being left out..hes acting like he cant get a crowd, what are they like? Man 25,000 for his lucas race the crowd should be bonkers...And what exactly did UMP take from him that devastated him financially? The summer national race?
    That Summer Nationals race is big. With the declining gate for weekly events, these specials are extremely important for a track to survive. A lot of tracks now depend on the couple special events that are held to support the track financially for the year. It's called keeping the gates open basically. For LaSalle, the specials are all they've got.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That Summer Nationals race is big. With the declining gate for weekly events, these specials are extremely important for a track to survive. A lot of tracks now depend on the couple special events that are held to support the track financially for the year. It's called keeping the gates open basically. For LaSalle, the specials are all they've got.
    Highside Belle Clair Speedway in Bville ran weekly for 50+ years and have scaled back not running but maybe 2,3, times a month..and will rotate out LM with midgets and such, its a fairgrounds track but I think thats what kept them alive is scaling back and every now n then run a Sunday show too..just food for thought for Izzo and yes the SN race is packed to the gills at BC so I can see where he lost out on a good money maker...