Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feger DOD Story

Default Feger DOD Story

https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_10038.html

Is anyone else tired of hearing drivers whine about money? Come on dirtondirt publish something else! These guys race for a freaking living, it costs money. If you cant afford it get a normal job like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    https://www.dirtondirt.com/story_10038.html

Is anyone else tired of hearing drivers whine about money? Come on dirtondirt publish something else! These guys race for a freaking living, it costs money. If you cant afford it get a normal job like the rest of us.
    You need a serious reality check.

Guess you'll wake up when there are no more late models to go watch any longer

Dirty boy battle royal!

I didn't feel like feger whined at all he simply talked about the specific challenges to his racing program. I thought it was a very good article. I personally would love to see pictures to accompany these driver articles let people see where these guys are working. it's good to see the not glamorous real shops that some and i would venture to say most of the upper regional/ lower funded woo/ Lucas teams work out of. Every body has help or they couldn't do it so bashing them every time they talk about money isn't helping anyone

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Dirty boy battle royal!
    I can't even read the article, but I gots my popcorn ready

I didn’t think he was really whining all that much. He pretty much said it was expensive and went on to talking about his racing plans going into the future. He did mention that he thought about quitting, but most drivers that have had struggles like he’s had the last few years think about quitting.

It also came across that he’s in full acknowledgement that he failed to keep up with the fairly rapid progression of the sport in the last five years.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I agree with dirty white boy, too much whining lately about money from all of them. I know when things are tight at my business i usually go to new zealand for a few weeks. I cancelled my subscription to dirt late model a few years ago cause i got tired of the birkhofers whining all the time. If you cant hack it, quit like they did.

Fegers has struggled ever since getting caught with bad tires from his Illini win...

Not to bash but isn't this sport meant to be a hobby? I think this sport is better off focusing on the weekly/hobby racer rather than the guys making it there job. The amount it costs to race and the tech involved now has trickled down from they're level and just made it tougher on the weekly guy.

If I made it my job it would take the fun out for me, unless you could hang up front all the time but I bet it would still be stressful money wise.
    Just a Sportmod racer at Nelson Boys Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    I agree with dirty white boy, too much whining lately about money from all of them. I know when things are tight at my business i usually go to new zealand for a few weeks. I cancelled my subscription to dirt late model a few years ago cause i got tired of the birkhofers whining all the time. If you cant hack it, quit like they did.
    lmao. Every driver has talked about the cost in interviews over the last few years. If you can't hack it, quit reading the stories and listening to interviews.

The drivers are the ones that usually drive the cost up and as my post said i did stop reading some of the articles. Lmao that some people on here struggle with comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    Not to bash but isn't this sport meant to be a hobby? I think this sport is better off focusing on the weekly/hobby racer rather than the guys making it there job. The amount it costs to race and the tech involved now has trickled down from they're level and just made it tougher on the weekly guy.

If I made it my job it would take the fun out for me, unless you could hang up front all the time but I bet it would still be stressful money wise.
    I agree 100%, when they started driving for a living it all changed.

The drivers and part manufacturers, whether on the local level or national level, have no one to blame but themselves for costs rising. Gotta have the latest “low friction this”, “lightweight that”, “added traction device” and they all get the credit card out.
    It’s like a track blaming social media for their demise, the racers blame the rule book.

This sport has suffered like most other things in this Country over the last 20 years because of things like NAFTA. I remember reading in the mid 90s that there were about 4,000 super late models in the country. Today there seems to be around 1,200 and a lot of them are not full time super late model drivers.

Can NOT have a sport grow when the price to participate increases greatly BUT the payout for said services stays the same. Things just cost so much now & they are still racing for the same amount of money they were 10 years ago. Definition of insanity says.....doing the same thing over & over expecting a different result.....Just sayin

People will only pay so much to watch racing especially the casual fan

Then I guess the promoters should get out & find sponsors to cover it. It is a "you wash my back, I'll wash yours" type of deal. Just saying that more money needs to be brought in to keep the sport alive isn't gonna get it done.

@Tireguy17

I agree and I'm guilty of it. I've tried fancy stuff that some preached to run to find out you kinda don't need it. I still run stuff that i know makes a difference that should have NEVER been allowed by the sanction ever for a class like I run. That stuff was designed or inspired by the top tier racers and manufacturers.

@DirtRaceJunky I would deal with "low" pay if they kept the classes under control but I bet you've been around this longer then I have and you know how that goes.

When a government is powerful to give you everything you want, it is powerful enough to take everything you have! The moral of the quote is that every major engine builder, chassis builder, tire manufacturer, the man that builds the birdcage, the company that builds the toters and rigs, the wheel manufacturer, etc etc etc blah blah blah is gonna get their $$$. Only the big sponsored ride a will last and we will see this over the next 5-8 years. DLM racing has turned into Nascar where only the strong survive! Fegar has a point IMO. Word is born