Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atomic Thoughts

Thumbs up Atomic Thoughts

Overall, a pretty good night. Even without a big car count, both the lates and mods were good. And when they reworked the track, it was definitely worth it. Sun was down, and the wind died down.

Bloomer was on kill the whole night. Amazing what being on time does for you. And he seems to be in a pretty good place all around.

Never thought I’d say it, but kudos to Kyle Bronson. He cut Bloomer a helluva a break in lapped traffic. Because him and Briggs were making it tough on Bloomer. And O’Neal was definitely gaining. And it woulda been a shame, because in clear track, Bloomer was the class of the field. But lapped cars two wide definitely made it interesting at the end.

And the two guys who showed up from that second rate series in Illinois, did pretty darn good. Sheppard is really good, and I really like Devin. Not sure what him and Casebolt were doing on that start in the heat.

Really thought Boggs and Carpenter would do better, oh well.

Thought I was going to get to rag on SS about somebody’s cape being frazzled and torn. But he came up through there, and drove his butt off. They weren’t good in qualifying and his heat, but feature time, he turned it around. Track was better too by then.

Bobby had a decent run for the Lambs too, he’s looking better. EPJ had awful luck, as well as Hess Jr. Not sure what happened before the feature, then he broke. But Hess Jr is a wheelman. Maresca, if he sticks with it, might be pretty good. He is smooth. Russell has that car looking pretty good.

In the mods, what a shame for Josh Rice. Led 19 laps, and stuffed it going into one on the last lap. Yeah you had an all time great behind you in Auckland, but he had him covered. Nice to see Rick still has it. Five year old car, and last years motor he put oil in and ran it.

And why Travis (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son was mad at Rice, I have no idea. You were not even close to clear, and it’s the last lap, last turn. Yeah he slid you earlier, going into 3, but last lap last turn, not the same. And Travis was nowhere near clear on his attempt. Was very fitting he ended up second and Josh won the heat. To be mad at Josh, getcha a little mirror, and look into it, that’s who you are to blame.

Overall, very good night, thank you Atomic.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Felt bad for Hudson too, I’m sure Tyler Erb don’t, but I did. Messed up in qualifying with a good time, and then had bad luck the rest of the night.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

In the link down towards the bottom where is shows the payout, it has Maresca only getting paid $100. I'm guessing it's a typo?

http://lucasdirt.com/news/latest-new...ictory-of-2018

Yeah once the sun went down and the wind died down it got a lot better. Good racing all night with the lucas guys and the mods. Low car count kinda sucked but it was a good show. Not a bloomer fan but man he was dialed in all night. Impressed with superman getting a decent finish considering how he started the night. Also kinda thought Bronson would've been faster there than he was. And the Bshep and Moran ran pretty good for showing up late from Farmer city.

LM feature wound up racing better than I feared. Track prep definitely helped.

Was cool seeing the Big Swede get the W. Car even drove like his old black #12 Rayburn from his LM glory days.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Maresca took emergency provisional. He forfits starts money and only makes the amount that is over the start money if that makes sense

I share most of the same thoughts. Bloomer was dialed in.

Interesting how just the other day. I wanna say Wednesday they tweeted a pic of the car basically without the front end together and no motor. Day and a half or so later he sets fast time, wins his heat race and runs a flawless feature for the win. Just goes to show how good he really is.

chupp n bloomer fan: thanks for a great race report.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Yea thanks C&B 👍👏
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Welcome SS N klemm. I’ll be honest, last couple years I’ve not really been into going. And last night was a kinda a last minute decision. But it was pretty good all around. And not just because of Bloomer. Because I really don’t care who wins as much as I want to see good racing.

Only improvements I’d like to see, and I know it takes time and money, is bathrooms and new bleachers. Bathrooms, I’m a guy, so no biggie. But they aren’t very good. And the bleachers scare the crap outta me. They do repair boards at least, but I’m talking the actual steel support structure.

Ole jd gonna be running his butt off chasing Bloomers to no avail from here on lol. Last night was a good run for him but just ain't good enough....

It'll be a long season for him in lucas, if he even makes it past June that is 😂

I recall at one of the dtwc at atomic/kc someone fell thru the aisle

Have a question, I was there last night as well.. But did anyone catch the smell from the dirt on the track? Almost smelt like it had manure mixed in?

All the tire softener

Pretty good track after they reworked it. This is usually the only trip I make to atomic each year but it seems to be it may be time for a resurface job. dirt seems rather sandy and has a time cleaning up. I like the facility and they seem to do a good job but I agree those bleachers need some work.
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

It was so dusty during the heat races that a farmer behind me tried to plant a row of corn on my shoulders. My last trip to Atomic

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    It was so dusty during the heat races that a farmer behind me tried to plant a row of corn on my shoulders. My last trip to Atomic
    Eventually, you will have nowhere to go. With the weather we have had, I was impressed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1