Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby....

He's also only 30 points from being in 11th place...just playing devils advocate here. Closer to 11th than 5. right now it could go either way for the team.

I dont care how many chassis mark richards sells , or how much money you spend , to think he is going to give you his WINNING secretes is ludicrous , no one is going to do that , whether they tell you they will or not........

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Its a new team and chassis for Bobby, and he's racing against 1 of the 2 toughest fields of drivers in the nation who have raced multiple of times at tracks Bobby is probably visiting for the 1st time.

He's tied for 8th in points, and only 60 being T-Mac for 5th. It's going to take time for him to get his feet under him. And Danny Myers as a car chief?! C'mon man.....
    For those of us not in the know is Danny Myers as car chief a bad thing?
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 04-23-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I dont care how many chassis mark richards sells , or how much money you spend , to think he is going to give you his WINNING secretes is ludicrous , no one is going to do that , whether they tell you they will or not........
    To add on to this point, even if Richards did give out the house car set-up word for word, it’s not going to work for everybody, because not everybody drives like Brandon Sheppard.

They key to being consistently fast is tailoring the setup to the weelman, and no two drivers are exactly alike.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Oneil and Bobby are pretty darn close...

Bayko, Agree 100 percent. I know a local racer here that set his car up exactly like Mark and the rocket house car team did for a race, the driver said he couldn't steer the car in a Walmart parking lot and went back to his set up.

One should never set up and test a car at walmart!

Has bobby been having walmart auto service set his car for him? This could explain alot!!!

I read where Bobby said he comes home between races. He did not say why. He may be a hired gun but the way they are running i think he should be all in and spend some time in the shop? Anyone think Bob and Bobby want the Pierce car to run. Will their be a change soon?

I’m not sure they will ever find a setup to suit Bobby. He won’t give the car time to work or come to him on the bottom or middle. Watch port roral rerun and he was the only car pounding the cushion lap after lap. Ended up knocking the edges off the tires and giving up 2 positions late. At one time when he had some tire left, Richards was in his way. The kid understands how to go fast on a cushion. Best I’ve ever seen at it honestly

I'm hoping Tri-City and Macon are good to the 32 team

Tri City last year was cancelled and not made up. The Macon race was postponed to July and Richards won.

my 2 cents: 1) multiple people said with these XR1's you can't drive them hard enough, just keep pushing them and they will keep taking it. With that being said I was pretty excited when news broke of BP being in one. On a side note I was just as excited when Feger said he is in one....if the theory was true I thought these two guys were going to be great this year as it seemed like a perfect fit for these guys driving styles. BTW if I remember correctly Shannon Babb didn't light the world on fire in one of these cars either (he is winning races now) and he has a similar driving style. 2) As far as rocket sharing info: Chub Frank ran rockets for years and he came out and said he had to switch chassis because he wasn't getting any info because he was racing against the house car every week (probably the same reason Darrell Lanigan started building his own stuff) 3)When this Dunn Benson deal was first announced BP did say he is moving there then it was said later that he didn't. This may not mean anything but I believe BShepp stays in W.V. as much as he can, and Josh moved to Ohio to work on the Best stuff. 4) I think everyone expected BP to win a bunch, but the truth is there is a lot of factors that go into this. Sometimes it takes time before the wins start coming ( BP, Shannon Babb) and then there are others that make a chassis change and have immediate results ( Culp switching from GRT to XR1) One can never predict this stuff!!

Bobby who? Are you talking about that guy that out talented and out dollared the Summernationals the last couple years? The same guy that won the World 100 when the best talent was not allowed to run the World 100? Sure he has had his moments in the sunshine but come on people. No disrespect to the #1 car/team but what have they done lately?
    What I do not understand is why Bobby would want to change like this. Everything seemed to be going smooth with his own family deal. Its like when Owens went away from Bloomer. He has never been the same since. The grass is always greener on the other side right?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Bobby who? Are you talking about that guy that out talented and out dollared the Summernationals the last couple years?
    Out dollared? Easy now. Some will argue against that on here. lol

I heard the family money was getting thin. He had a good opportunity and took it. A team is much more than a driver that’s why it’s a team. Are they on Penske shocks?

If I remember right Shepp was a cushion pounder too and him and Bobby drove a lot alike in their own equipment, is Shepp a more polished driver now after a few years on the tours yes, I never though a chassis switch would throw that big of a curveball, and I never thought car chiefs and crew chiefs play as big a part as they do now days, I guess I thought wrong...
    Last edited by Illtsate32; 04-23-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Earl is with one of a small group of people capable of fixing his performance. Don't throw the DB team under the bus. It's all different personnel now.

It's not like they fielded junk or had cars falling apart. They just didn't have the right know how making the right calls. Now, the new regime has the same issue. But, seems to slowly be improving.
    I may be throwing DB team under the bus to some extent, but, you do your job or you don't. It's not do your job or have bad luck. Excuses are for people that made mistakes. A hall of Fame driver once told me, you ask 3 questions when you come back after a race. Why did I win? Why did I lose and what can I do to make it better? Above all be honest with yourself, or you will always be under that bus.

This coming weekend will take some of the variables out of these performance issues. Macon and Tri city have been won by Bobby before.

Bobby has to be one of the favorites this weekend imo. Zero is awesome at tri city but Macon has been a curveball. He has won a couple touching the cushion this year so maybe he is practicing for Macon and Florence. Think I might roll with the 32 this week in fantasy if he is group 2