Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Barry Wright enjoying current success with Chris Madden

https://insidedirtracing.com/barry-w...-chris-madden/

Barry Wright discusses why his house car team is experiencing so much success with Madden behind the wheel.

DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!! and you can't go wrong.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

They are definitely on one hell of a run!
    Races Attended in 2018: 14

Bowman Grey (5)
    Hickory (2)
    Cherokee (4)
    Fayetteville (1)
    Winder Barrow (1)
    Haubstadt (1)

That’s what happens when you jig a successful car (Maddens 17 Longhorn) and claim it to be unique... Davenport tried to start at step one on a brand new chassis and it failed... this one looks, Drives and acts like a Longhorn...

^^^^^^^^^^^Awful lot of Horns wish they drove like that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Exactly what I was going to say Mastersbilt. If all it is, is a longhorn then why is no other longhorn running as well as him?

Madden has always been completely underrated as a driver due to being mostly regional until last year. There probably aren't five better than him at being able to drive one and be able to tell you what exactly the car needs to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say Mastersbilt. If all it is, is a longhorn then why is no other longhorn running as well as him?
    There is only one other....

How long before Madden gets a new drivers suit with BWRC on the sleeve as opposed to the Longhorn. Just noticed it in his last VL picture. Irrelevant I know, just got a kick out of it

That’s what happens when you jig a successful car (Maddens 17 Longhorn) and claim it to be unique... Davenport tried to start at step one on a brand new chassis and it failed... this one looks, Drives and acts like a Longhorn...
    Yes it is all because it is an exact copy of a Longhorn and purely a coincidence that Longhorns aren't running as good as this new BWRC car. There's no possible way that a more knowledgeable driver has anything to do with it. Since Davenport wasn't successful the second time around, it has to be the fault of the car or the engine or anything other than the driver. No matter what, we mustn't claim Davenport had anything to do with it. That would be unthinkable!!

I can 100 percent say that the Icon is not a copy of a longhorn. Does it has some of the same components as a longhorn yes. So does most chassis being built today. Barry Wright is to proud of his work to copy someone else and call it his own.

Don't tell that to the kool-aid drinkers. They don't like to hear that kind of thing. It ruins their fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    I can 100 percent say that the Icon is not a copy of a longhorn. Does it has some of the same components as a longhorn yes. So does most chassis being built today. Barry Wright is to proud of his work to copy someone else and call it his own.
    That woyld make it a ICORN
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Yes it is all because it is an exact copy of a Longhorn and purely a coincidence that Longhorns aren't running as good as this new BWRC car. There's no possible way that a more knowledgeable driver has anything to do with it. Since Davenport wasn't successful the second time around, it has to be the fault of the car or the engine or anything other than the driver. No matter what, we mustn't claim Davenport had anything to do with it. That would be unthinkable!!
    Well said.

I’m pretty sure Barry and Chris knew what they wanted to do and how to do it without jigging a Longhorn. And not all Longhorns are running so hot.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I’ll pick Madden to finally seal the deal at Eldora this season. He’s always been fast there, he may just have the right (or Wright lol) horse for the job this year

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Madden has always been completely underrated as a driver due to being mostly regional until last year. There probably aren't five better than him at being able to drive one and be able to tell you what exactly the car needs to make it better.
    As I've said before, Chris Madden in one of the elite drivers in our sport. There are very few drivers that match up to him. Watch his car control. Watch him repeat a lap. Watch him repeat a lap with a car that is complete junk. His skill, thought pattern, and what he brings to the table goes far beyond just the helmet and the seat. If I owned a team, there are 3 guys I want. Scott, Chris, and Dennis Erb. And yes, I said Dennis Erb. The guy flat out gets the job done, and has driven everything with success.

Erb hasn't gotten the job done lately.

Yes, but I know what he can do. Put him alongside of Earl to further develop the Black Diamond Chassis and you will see the potential come back. Having manufacturer support is much different than being on the inside day in and day out. And that is the exact reason why you see Chris in the front even more, because as opposed to being second in line, he is now front line and is part of the growth as opposed to receiving info second hand. Everyone doubted Chris for his decision and doubted Barry for being able to "bounce back". Are you kidding me? He is the guy you would want.....

Lightbulb

BWRC(ICON) + DAVENPORT + HATFIELD = VERY LIMITED SUCCESS
    BWRC(ICON) + BAILES + CLEMENTS = INSTANT SUCCESS
    BWRC(ICON) + MADDEN + CLEMENTS = INSTANT SUCCESS

Between Daveport & Bailes the only change was in the engine compartment. Between Bailes & Madden they've made minor adjustments to setups, but the car is structurally the same as when Davenport was in it. The first pairing of BWRC/Davenport prior to CBR was very successful and even during CBR time was good. How many rookies running on a "National Tour" for the first time, much less on the Lucas tour run in the top 5 in points? Not many. Its not a new thing to accuse a builder of copying, I had a 2000 BWRC myself that was rumored to be a knockoff of a GRT Jack Pennington drove, but if you measured the front end components it wasn't even close. Different spindle heights, different width rack and different control arm lengths. The only thing comparable was that it was an under-rail design, but not a single bar was the same. Claiming, hinting or shouting that the BWRC(Icon) is a Longhorn knockoff is ignorant and simple minded. The same goes for blaming Davenport for the lack of success they had, like he forgot how to drive or was a fluke or something. If you take the emotion out of it, use simple math and logic of the situation, its clear that the weak link in the BWRC(Icon) & Davenport pairing was the engine. I've stated this a thousand other times, Barry typically uses Clements power in his cars, they are literally next door to each other. The sponsor lined up for the BWRC(Icon) housecar and Davenport backed out at the last minute and either they didn't have the coins for a Clements or nobody wanted to spend the coins to get one, so they made a deal with Hatfield. Once the Hatfield was replaced, like magic the car came to life with Ross Bailes at the wheel. Then going a step further and bringing in Madden with his experience, knowledge and financial backing and they are running even that much better. The car itself has not changed structurally, only better power and more up to date knowledge and yet another top tier driver, who also had success with BWRC in the past. Barry doesn't get enough credit and when he needs something above his knowledge base he gets it. Barry has hired engineers in the past to help make the frontend better. Sadly too many these days think only 2 men in the whole country know how to build a good piece anymore, but that's crap.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Claiming, hinting or shouting that the BWRC(Icon) is a Longhorn knockoff is ignorant and simple minded.
    Sounds like something he'd say...