Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

The worst part of NASCAR is the fans. They are never happy.

Honestly the TV coverage is horrible they don't even show the race just pick out their favorites and follow them. There multiple times any given weekend they will say Driver A is battling driver B for a postion even though Driver B has caught and passed Driver A a good rule of thumb is Denny Hamlin is never being passed he is always trying to pass someone even if that person was 2 secs behind him 15 laps ago.

A couple of weeks ago at Richmond there was a battle for the lead and they left that to go thier in race segment were all of the get to tell you who to look for. Basically yeah there is a battle for the lead but lets show you Denny Hamlin in 12th by himself because DW thinks he is going to win because he is in a Toyota.

I laugh when they are shocked that the 18-20yr olds aren't winning all the races and basically sucking everyweek. They will say He won the Xfinitiy Championship at 19 wow yeah without realizing he was also racing all 18-22 yr olds except for Elliot Sadler and Justin Algiaer the odds are a 19 yr old might win the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing.

The Talledega Xfinity race was won by Spencer Gallagher whose dad is the CEO of Alegiant Airlines and also owns his race team the Kid has won 1 other race in ARCA with highest points finish of 7th in ARCA (2012) yet if this kid were to come back from being suspended (Drugs) and go to to cup next year I bet the TV clowns would be talking him up like he has accomplished a lot .

I only bring this up because the road from the local track to Nascar is all about gone they have their own way to get their with these kiddie car series and they bypass the local track they come from Legends and what not that in someway turns into whose parents is going to spend more money on thier kid. These kids aren't rising stars on the local level going against the locals who always seem to win. They are rising stars among a select group of peers K&N East and K&N west . There is almost 0 chance of a guy like Greg Biffle would ever be given a shot in a car today because of the Idea that they need to be in Xfinity by the age of 18.

Darrell Waltrip needs to go. Period. One reason why if it's available at the time, I listen on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Darrell Waltrip needs to go. Period. One reason why if it's available at the time, I listen on the radio.
    Saying he $ucks is being nice...

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    The worst part of NASCAR is the fans. They are never happy.
    Maybe they all finally got tard of standing up all the time. lol

Listening to DW give insight on Sirius XM radio is pretty good. I just wish he could carry that over to TV, unfortunately he has to cheese it up.

So my best friend Jim Caudill Jr was into sim racing real heavy and ran street stocks at a NASCAR sanctioned track in Coeburn Va back in 2011.

He got to be buddies with Dale Jr and often chatted with him on AIM, he asked dale if he could run his late model sometime. Dale told him it would cost him 5k per race, minimum of two. So Jim's parents came up with 5k and Dale Jr worked with Iracing to come up with the other 5k (unexpected) He went to Charlotte, got to meet Dale and his bro in law LW Miller and got fitted for the 88 car.

Took him to Motor Mile and tested, ran some killer laps and LW was impressed.

The night of the first race was rained out so he went back next week for twin 100's which was his two races.

He was bad in qualifying and started 22nd. By the end of the first race he finished 11th while Josh Berry was 10th.

He drove by Berry in the 2nd race despite Berry putting visine in his Gatorade and finished 7th. Better than Dale Jr's hired gun and never have been in a Late Model before.

Jim thought that would help him land a ride with Dale Jr. But unfortunately he was out of money and JRM was no longer interested in having him in their equipment despite being the better driver.

I tell the story to say this. Asphalt racing is nasty and doesn't do well for people with talent and no cash. At the end of the day the people with the most money get to the top.

The NASCAR world certainly left a bad taste in his mouth.

Josh berry put visine in his gatorade? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Josh berry put visine in his gatorade? Seriously?
    Thought the same thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    Listening to DW give insight on Sirius XM radio is pretty good. I just wish he could carry that over to TV, unfortunately he has to cheese it up.

So my best friend Jim Caudill Jr was into sim racing real heavy and ran street stocks at a NASCAR sanctioned track in Coeburn Va back in 2011.

He got to be buddies with Dale Jr and often chatted with him on AIM, he asked dale if he could run his late model sometime. Dale told him it would cost him 5k per race, minimum of two. So Jim's parents came up with 5k and Dale Jr worked with Iracing to come up with the other 5k (unexpected) He went to Charlotte, got to meet Dale and his bro in law LW Miller and got fitted for the 88 car.

Took him to Motor Mile and tested, ran some killer laps and LW was impressed.

The night of the first race was rained out so he went back next week for twin 100's which was his two races.

He was bad in qualifying and started 22nd. By the end of the first race he finished 11th while Josh Berry was 10th.

He drove by Berry in the 2nd race despite Berry putting visine in his Gatorade and finished 7th. Better than Dale Jr's hired gun and never have been in a Late Model before.

Jim thought that would help him land a ride with Dale Jr. But unfortunately he was out of money and JRM was no longer interested in having him in their equipment despite being the better driver.

I tell the story to say this. Asphalt racing is nasty and doesn't do well for people with talent and no cash. At the end of the day the people with the most money get to the top.

The NASCAR world certainly left a bad taste in his mouth.
    See this scenario a lot around my area. Kids with money backing them out on the track wrecking cars while talented older drivers struggle to get a car on the track if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Where did most of these guys start? Short track racing?

Why go back to it? Because they enjoy racing. It's not full time, it's not high stakes, it's for Fun with the boys and because they can, if they choose to.

What do the fans get out of it? A chance to see "Champion" drivers at their local track competing against their local fan favorites.

Never said these guys would just show up for free. Nascar is dying a slow death and local tar-car short track racing isn't far behind.

They wouldn't be showing up to help their former employer, they would be showing up to breath life into short track racing and pay homage to their roots as drivers.
    Valid points and point taken.

Who cares about NASCAR. It completely sucks and races last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    Who cares about NASCAR. It completely sucks and races last forever.
    Don't know how old you are or what racing you've followed throughout your lifetime up until this point but there was a day, and not all that terribly long ago, when NASCAR Cup racing was as interesting and exciting as any form of racing in the world. Those of us who took an interest in Cup racing through those days are saddened by how it's been gutted and trivialized by silly rules and policies over the past decade and a half. Many of us would love to see it regain that excitement and relevance.

Bottom line is this, your opinion of Cup racing today is legit and is shared by myself and many, many others but it hasn't always been this way and if it can be revived to it's former glory it would make a lot of us very happy.

Only being 32 years old, I remember when it was fun to watch. Never attended a race but always heard they were fun as well. I was at Pennsboro in diapers and grew up at Buckeye and R&R. I would rather watch a pure stock C main on YouTube from Hawaii than watch NASCAR today. It’s sad because the money has for sure ruined it. I think Sr would be embarrassed to be associated with some of these crybabies today

Yes, Berry handed him a gatorade and said it would help. He guzzled it down and got the screaming craps about 10 minutes later. Almost missed the call to the grid.

Last place at the Daytona 500 received 275k$$ Why wouldn’t Hendrick or Stewart Hass loan Kenseth a car that will run minimum pace and pocket 200k minimum if the car isn’t destroyed. Seems like a man with cash could rent race ready cars and make a heluva living. There isn’t 43 cars so all you have to do is run minimum speed and park it after 10 laps. Makes dollars and sense to me

A full field is 40 now they cut it from 43 a couple years ago

Centeroff, that's why Derrick Cope is still around

Exactly. I’d just run a half lap back and let half the field crash and make a real payday lol. Super speedway racing is trash

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Wake me up when Nascar makes Bristol a dirt track.

Until then....zzzzzzzzzz!!!

The best thing Nascrap could do to breathe life into tar car racing is have their 40 "stars" go race midweek short-track events every week across the country.

Better yet...put their retired guys on tour.

Kenseth, Lil' E, Stewart, Carl Edwards, Gordon. Let them travel town to town and battle the "locals" at a track near you.

The hell with the 1.5 mile cookie cutter horse manure they put on TV each week.

Been saying this for years. Go to a short track format. Time trial heat race b main and a feature. Daytona, Taladega and nothing bigger than Bristol. You'll start seeing fans return.

However, they own too many large tracks and it'll bankrupt too many people to leet the big tracks sit.

They have to decide fix raxing, small tracks, or keep friends out of bankruptcy