Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by T3GJason47 View Post
    I look for about 20 cars. Might get a few surprise cars that come from the Show Me. But its hard for drivers to race at Eldora for 2k these days. Personally if I was a driver I wouldn't race at Eldora for under 5k. That track is hard on equipment.
    I've said that for years... ALMS is a joke paying $2000 to win shows. And yes, racing at Eldora for $2k is insane. Eldora is very hard on equipment and if you mess up and get into a crash you can completely junk an entire race car.

Does anyone know how many years the Appleseed Classic has been ran? And it pays $3000 to win this time.

It started in the 70's or 80's.

Should be a $5000 to win event at the least. Ain’t like Smoke doesn’t have the coin for it. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame imo.

The total purse for the Appleseed is actually more than the $5,000 to win ALMS total purse even though its $3,000 to win. They've just spread out the monies down throughout the field more. Position by position payouts are at the links below.

Johnny Appleseed LM purse: $16,850
    http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/event/...v-alms-details

Sunoco AMLS LM purses: $11,150 if 2k to win, $12,900 if 3k to win, $16,225 if 5k to win
    http://americanlatemodelseries.com/2...ature-payouts/

If I'm not mistaken, they did this for a couple years now.

Heard with the Midway rainout a lot of guys heading to Eldora and a lot of guys that ran Florence are coming also.

Appleseed originated at Mansfield speedway I think in mid 70's. I'm 41 and remember going when was young pos and it was run late in season like last week of September.

Also John Lawhorn is the only driver to win it at Mansfield and then at Eldora. Another thing this race use to be a big tune up to the World 100 in September on Sunday during Labor Day. I remember 85 Super Lates showing up in 2004. Also when they have tonights race on Sunday we normally would see 60 show up for the tuneup to the Dream.

Latest list of guys I have seen say they are going:

Jon Henry
    Kody Evans
    Devin Moran
    Steve Casebolt
    Josh Rice
    James Rice
    Robby Hensley
    Colton Flinner
    Shanon Buckingham
    Robby Moses
    Devin Gilpin