Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I can see some people case against it or for it. Think it’s more of case by case deal. If Hudson O’Neal didn’t start of young driving he wouldn’t be where he at now. What difference in full car and half car, you can still hurt yourself and someone else. Sht motorcross/super cross racing more dangerous than dirt racing and you need start off young learn how to ride. So you be able run against pro and get your name out there get a ride. Don’t see people jump and down about that. Hell I see some this older racers need get off the track. their sight, reaction time no where it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    You fix this by Banning him for life. Cant drive cant run someone over.
    Life is little harsh, hell tony killed someone and was racing next weekend. Ban for a year or so would be ok.

First, Tony didn't kill anyone, had no intentions of killing or even hurting anyone. As fate would have it he just happened to be involved. Second, Tony didn't race, or do much of anything, for 3 weeks following the death of Kevin Ward Jr.

If the kid at Fairbury actually did what has been said he did, and I have no reason to doubt what has been said, IMHO he probably should be banned from driving until he's 18 years old. 4 or 5 years of maturity would probably make him realize what he did was way, way outa' line. Also, he'd still be plenty young enough that his career would not suffer from the imposed driving exile.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    First, Tony didn't kill anyone, had no intentions of killing or even hurting anyone. As fate would have it he just happened to be involved. Second, Tony didn't race, or do much of anything, for 3 weeks following the death of Kevin Ward Jr.

If the kid at Fairbury actually did what has been said he did, and I have no reason to doubt what has been said, IMHO he probably should be banned from driving until he's 18 years old. 4 or 5 years of maturity would probably make him realize what he did was way, way outa' line. Also, he'd still be plenty young enough that his career would not suffer from the imposed driving exile.
    Everyone has their own thoughts on the tony thing. tony didn’t drive like (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) And think king of track 50% of it was his fault. I just using as example how some thing like that don’t get you ban from all motor sport racing for 5+ Yrs or life. People want him ban for life or 4+ yrs. Im sure the kid didn’t have no intentions of killing the official which he didn’t. He probably thought if started to drive and push the official a little, he would have moved.

Yep, everyone has their own thoughts but if your thoughts are that Stewart, in his heart, was seeking to hurt that kid you're the poster child for stupidity. I've never been a fan of Stewart and have been highly critical of his antics in the past but to actually believe he wanted to hurt the kid is way beyond reasonable.

The kid at Fairbury and his family need to spend some extended time away from racetracks. Even a ban of 1 full season is way, way too mild of consequences for what he pulled. If a driver touches a race official in anger, either with his or her car or with their hands that situation needs to be dealt with in such a way that sends a clear and concise message to anyone else who might merely entertain thoughts of doing such a thing. Doesn't matter what the circumstances! Race officials and track workers put themselves in danger every time they enter a racing venue and they shouldn't have to endure some 13 year old clown, or any age clown, intentionally bulldozing them with a racecar because the clown was a little mad!

My opinion on the Stewart deal was that Tony did see the man. He was frustrated and crashed him purposely and when he walked out on the track Tony revved the engine and the tire broke traction and hit hit and killed the young man. I think Tony is an emotional man but no way he tried to purposely hit and kill him. He fukd up pretty bad but he didn’t mean to hit him.

I agree with you on lot you said on the kid.. I think it should be 1 full year ban from all motor sports. heck with everyone saying drove off from infield, if he wasn’t told to tack another 3-6 mths. And if the other part was right about his mom getting all pissy and defending him. Add another 3-6 mths for poor parenting, making him feel it was ok for his actions. But I don’t think all 14-16 kids should be punished for one kids actions. But do see people point on it should be 16 years old when you can legally drive. I don’t know if they have special rules if driver is 14-16 who responsible for their actions. If their is not, they should have certification from racing organization and parents are ultimately responsible for their actions of wrong doing. Might make a lot of parents think twice before letting their kids race.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Wouldn't it be interesting if this kid did a slide job on Rusty Schlenk and then ol Rusty flipped and then Rusty walked across the track and gave the kid a few punches while the kid was strapped into the car. lmao
    I'd condone a paddling.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

The problem is the parents. As a former coach and president of a travel club teams I have seen may times where the parent insist their son or daughter "play up" in the next age bracket. When they do then get schooled the parents come running and whining "little Johnny is getting taken advantage of." Parents need to quit living their life through their kids!
    A valid drivers license should be required to race at the local track.

First of all the description of what happened is very inaccurate. Peyton drove all night not touching a car. The 77 got crossways hitting peyton in the driver door taking him into the infield but he did not stop forward motion and continued on the track. The incident happened right in front of the flag man and an official in the infield. If you stop forward motion you go to the tale. In other words you can spin someone and they will go to the tale I don’t feel that’s right but that’s my opinion. Peyton knew he wasn’t in the wrong so he continued where he should have started as I was trying to talk to an official which was impossible they don’t care.A track worker walked out in front of a moving car which is stupid on his part at that point peyton pulled in to me. I didn’t realize at that point they had told him to leave the track so I told him to just go to the back so he started back out on the track but they had already started the race so he pulled back in and did not cause the incident in turn 1 that’s when I learned they wanted him off the track so I told him to go off the track. He drove slowly off the track because he’s not a hot head as described. He met the crowd yelling and screaming at him throwing water bottles as if they knew what had happened. I followed on the fourwheeler and waved at the crowd not flipping them off we loaded and left. As far as his mom I can’t imagine what she went through with the class of people she encountered. Peyton has raced something for 8 years we’ve never had an issue like this. I think it was a huge misunderstanding that has made him look bad. If these people really knew him and just how disciplined he is they would think different. Social media makes more of what a situation is because people assume instead of facts. Say what you say but I know in my heart he will be great some day we’re not wealthy by no means I work 40 hrs in construction and he works on the car daily and we will continue on racing. I have videos and a Facebook page I can back this all up if you’d like to message me I’d rather let it lay because it was bad decisions on everyone’s part including these accusations

As far as discipline he will be for not listening to the official I will make sure it doesn’t happen again unlike in a situation like this with an adult who disciplines. And I’m sure with the rules and decisions the track makes they’ve had this before and will again. As far as Peyton it won’t I can promise that.

Oh and as far as “Superman” people that know him personally know what kind of kid he really is and what he is and will be capable of driving have him that name not us

walker, if that is what happened let it roll off your shoulders, just wait until you start beating top drivers, the crying will really begin, we were doing it with a 10-12 year old car, lmao
    im not i big fan of the forward motion deal, it does cause a big problem from time to time, just have fun, make sure he understands the consequences, and have some fun, from a dad that has been there, one thing i did that all the guys wanted us to do is put a bright spoiler on his car, but they all were fine with him being on the track

There are 3 sides to every story and we all know what those 3 sides consist of. We now have the first two but number 3 might be tough to flesh out considering all the differing points of view.

Kids should be on automatic probation when they start racing full-size cars. 0 tolerance policies for sportsmanship and order. Some young kids 9 and 12 years old are running modifieds with us at our local track. I have zero problems with them racing. They are turning the steering wheel as well as the adults.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Please post the video. Should help clear things up.

I remember in the early 90s it was a big deal when my home track had a 16 year old driver, in a 4 cylinder. Now at 16 your considered a veteran. Our pits look like a middle school playground

Some of these comments are rediculous. Y’all have taken one persons opinion as to what happened as the truth and it’s far from it. Me and the kid y’all speak so down on work hours together in our shop fabricating jobs to make extra money to afford racing. He earns every bit of it as an adult does. He welds grinds and works as hard as anyone does so he knows what it takes to do this. He is a straight A student never in trouble at home or at school he’s raced all his life and knows how and what to do. One persons bypass opinion has created a lot of termoil for a kid that doesn’t deserve it. The story he told was untrue about a kid and he should be ashamed not knowing facts and so should all that commented. Weather you think it’s right or wrong with his history he has been able to obtain nesmith and ump license. He is capable and I know it. I hope all of you can sleep at night with your poor opinion on a talented kid. Everyone wants to talk about the future of our sport and how it’s dying well you people and social media is killing it. Delete your comments if you want there is some truth to what was said about what happened but a very small amount.

Keep your chin up and keep racing. Its not like any one of these clowns race, seriously. If you ever drove a race car you know how easy it is to screw up. Say your apologies, if people don't want to hear it, the hell with them.

One thing i will ask thou, is your son taking to much direction from you and not watching the track officials close enough? I see this a lot in sports.

You never know, the bad boy image could pay off big, be the next Bloomer !

Just say no...

I try not to influence his decision I just try each time he comes off the track to correct any decisions he has made that I feel could use some work. He is my son and I know I’m partial but in his 8 years of racing he hasn’t made very many bad decisions he’s always raced with kids older and adults and has always respected them so there hasn’t been a lot of growing pains until this. I know this is an obstacle we will overcome and I hope one day he will race with the greats and they will want to race with him. I guess only time will tell.

I saw it in person from the point he almost ran over the infield worker........ from that point on nothing else matters. Yes the infield worker should never step in front of a car, If I recall correctly he was either stopped or almost completely stopped on the backtretch and started to roll before the infield worker stepped in front of him. Whether his dad told him to go back out, only he and his dad will know that. The kid is a talent... But he was very wrong and could've killed someone or hurt them very badly when he almost drove over the infield worker and again when he drove through the infield and back into oncoming traffic. I hope his parents park him for that reason alone. He had a raceceiver in his ear from the tower and I assume they were telling him to stop and he ignored them. I'm sure he's a great kid and a hard worker, but he had an issue with following orders and needs to be penalized somehow for his actions. We can all be Thankful he didn't Kill someone. We cannot afford to lose a life because someone disagrees with getting put to the back.