Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I’ll be at the Jim dunn memorial as long as the weather looks good. F the haters remember that Gibby.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    There will be enough cars at all of the tracks to have a full field for the feature so it really doesn't matter. The Johnny Appleseed isn't supported anywhere near as much as it used to be anymore, Tyler and PRP would have only gotten their normal fields of cars regardless, and Midway is paying the most money so the guys who were planning on racing there will be back on Sunday. At this point there have been so many rainouts that any makeup date would conflict with something else at this point.
    I love Tyler County but they won’t get a full field tonight. Most of the regional guys that run Tyler’s bigger races will go to Midway (Dohms, Hawkins, Carrier, Carpenters). I expect Tyler to have about 15 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtWv77 View Post
    With Tyler County running their big show, Portsmouth opening up and Eldora... I am very surprised they did this. Gibby who apparently runs this whole Jim Dunn Memorial, always talks about tracks needing to work with each other and respect each others schedules... and then he pulls this!! Won't be nearly as good show now, cuz cars will go elsewhere!
    The topless race at Tyler is a reschedule from a previous rain out.

Midway canceled for today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    That place is doomed. Shame too.
    That race belongs at Ohio Valley IMO. When the Jim Dunm was there a couple years ago it was wildly successful, and in this business there's no reason to mess with success.

That race belongs at Ohio Valley IMO. When the Jim Dunm was there a couple years ago it was wildly successful, and in this business there's no reason to mess with success.
    It’s held there because Jim Dunn is from that area. Very close to there. Believe he was a teacher in Roseville or Crooksville. Not 100%. Some old guy I used to work with worked at Midway in the 70’s or early 80’s. And it is a great place to have it, IF they could find a good promoter/owner.

So until then, I really don’t think you are incorrect. There, Muskinghum(was here too), or Atomic.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Agree with that

I understand the reasoning for having it at Midway, but there are three or four tracks it would be better off at.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Midway canceled for today as well.
    Check out Gibbys Facebook page. I’m going to delete my doomed comment. They truly can’t run today. They got hammered with a storm.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I understand the reasoning for having it at Midway, but there are three or four tracks it would be better off at.
    Yep, and those tracks probably would have been able to race today. Midway just is not a good facility for big events.

Makeup is Oct. 6th

Bummer. Was planning on attending this event but with it being the same weekend as the pittsburgher I won’t be able to make it

Scheduling it against the Pittsburgher isn't smart at all. They should try the Thursday before or Sunday after the Pittsburgher.