Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I wish Chevrolet in general would get more serious about the LX platform and develop it for circle track. I know some are building engines (Baldwin) thats getting up there with the numbers, but still a little short. Your starting to see some in Mods. Maybe a wide Bore LX design !!
    By LX, I'm guessing you mean the LS platform. The rule book is in the way at time for and kind of a chance of that happening in SLM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    By LX, I'm guessing you mean the LS platform. The rule book is in the way at time for and kind of a chance of that happening in SLM.
    Know a couple of drivers that wanted to take a 525 to Livonia for the WOO race but the rule book would not allow it. A 525 has won several big SLM races at the track. The series say they want to cut cost but you can't run a 11'000$ engine but you can run a 45'000$ engine.

The best thing to do is to get a pit pass and look to see what type of engines are being used . I get a pit pass and have noticed more racers using D3 Ford head engines than RY45 engines. Durham builds both. It would be interesting to talk to Durham and find out why so many racers use the D3 heads.

Wide bore should be illegal, they cost wayyy too much to maintain.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Clements has said for the last couple of years that they havent found a reason to push fords at the moment. Ford and Andy Durham is the flavor of the week. Ford had a good advertising stint with the ry45. When was the last time you saw a chevrolet ad??? You didnt it was a brodix or dart ad.
    Kinda like rocket xr1, you ask for it by name. Nobody knows what to ask for when they call about a new mastersbilt car, nobody knows what front or rear clip to ask for on a longhorn.
    If chevy came out with the SB3 tomorrow and said it was just for short track dirt racing, you'd see a bowtie on everything out there and Andy Durham is gonna shove em down peoples throats. Because its the flavor of the week and the new craze.
    It would essentially be a $45k fidget spinner.

Why on the wide bore? its the same as anything else. Just bigger pistons, geometry on the head is a bit different, it actually makes the valve train better because you have more room width wise to work in the push rods.

So King1 by that argument your saying the Fords are winning via numbers, there are just many more Fords so the odds go up? There had to be something go on with the D3 heads, i looked at several thru the years that had about 830 to 860 hp, and that was a ton back then 2012 ish. Now it seems they have surpassed that, maybe new port design etc i don't know.

I don't go into the pits much when i spectate, it usually ends up with me working on something so i try to avoid it. This year thou at the North South, i am gonna walk the pits and just look and ask all the Lucas guys what their running. Gonna ask ole Bloomer if he has a dyno sheet i can look over LOL...

There is alot of power in advertising, Rocket and the XR1 is very good at it.

Just say no...

The price tag for a new Durham is nothing compared to the up keep. If you see smoke at a Lucas or WOO race, it’s 90% chance it’s a Durham. The great thing about them is the super flat torque curve but come apart often.

So i havent had the opportunity to see any dyno sheets from durham. I have seen some newer cornett stuff, and clements chevy stuff for 2018. They do make 860 calculated hp. But true to weather numbers are just under 800 maybe a touch over. I think cooling, efficency, and reliability is much better. Granted they have to be rebuilt more often. They are under much more labor now with the noses being sealed off, cars have more grip etc. Ive also seen some vic hill stuff on the dyno and see the calculation process at work. 900 dont exist, but it does at sea level conditions.
    Back when i ran all steel lm's on 55's i tried a secret cornett cam and hated it. It was lazy on bottom and gradually built up. To a normal national level driver im sure its what you want, but i didnt like it. So i swapped it back out.
    Personally its who ever has a hookup on a cam shaft. I have never saw true 860.
    I looked at the dyno sheet on a 440 clements 13/11 for a big name guy from catlettsburg ky and it showed almost 900. But he knew it didnt really have it. As a matter of fact he wouldnt show me the "real" dyno sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Why on the wide bore? its the same as anything else. Just bigger pistons, geometry on the head is a bit different, it actually makes the valve train better because you have more room width wise to work in the push rods.

So King1 by that argument your saying the Fords are winning via numbers, there are just many more Fords so the odds go up? There had to be something go on with the D3 heads, i looked at several thru the years that had about 830 to 860 hp, and that was a ton back then 2012 ish. Now it seems they have surpassed that, maybe new port design etc i don't know.

I don't go into the pits much when i spectate, it usually ends up with me working on something so i try to avoid it. This year thou at the North South, i am gonna walk the pits and just look and ask all the Lucas guys what their running. Gonna ask ole Bloomer if he has a dyno sheet i can look over LOL...

There is alot of power in advertising, Rocket and the XR1 is very good at it.
    I do feel laws of probability play a factor. But the guy building it makes the biggest difference IMO.

WATCH BLOOMQUIST HEAT HIS TIRES UP UNDER CAUTION AND WATCH HIS REAR TIRES ALMOST LOCK UP WHEN HE GETS OUT OF THE GAS.

Its almost like durham built a jake brake with the cam.

The newest zero member going to shock the world. Coming soon people

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Enough w ur BS tantics
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Pay close attention. You will read about it soon. My lips are sealed

I have noticed that about Bloomquist, he is brake dependent to start with, but i have noticed the compression braking. IT was told to me that he gears his cars for corner entry only, no matter the RPM on the straights. Make since, but had never thought of it that way.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    I do feel laws of probability play a factor. But the guy building it makes the biggest difference IMO.

WATCH BLOOMQUIST HEAT HIS TIRES UP UNDER CAUTION AND WATCH HIS REAR TIRES ALMOST LOCK UP WHEN HE GETS OUT OF THE GAS.

Its almost like durham built a jake brake with the cam.
    He stalled out once in the Dome.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Nothing is shocking in high level late model racing anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Maybe he uses a 4-7 swap lol

Pay close attention. You will read about it soon. My lips are sealed
    I see you are correct. We know what car but don't know the driver....in a perfect world it would be Birky....but if I had to guess I would pick Blankenship.

I will just have to let you guys figure this one out on your own

You dont even have it figured out yourself.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

It must be the Double L team.....after last week, they saw the writing on the wall!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!