Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 7 super late models at Farmer City

Only 12 at TriCity. Dream has some to do with it maybe, but weeklybshows are suffering everywhere.

That's really sad

Here i though i die be for they did and i may not.

I have said it before and will say it again supers are gonna be a traveling series in the next few years and be d@mn lucky to see them twice a year and local tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by gman17 View Post
    I have said it before and will say it again supers are gonna be a traveling series in the next few years and be d@mn lucky to see them twice a year and local tracks.
    Chris D!ck has gone back to street stock at FarmerCity. 2 have gone back to mods that i know of there

27 for the Dirt Kings deal Tonite at Luxemburg, WI
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I think if something isn't done in the next three years local late models won't exist I know this three years ago their were almost twice as many Late models on a regular night
    I am what I am

Surprised Spatola didn't go to Eldora. He's been running pretty well as of late.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Surprised Spatola didn't go to Eldora. He's been running pretty well as of late.
    Maybe cause if you ant in the top 10 you losings money. On this race. No points. Now it cost so much to be there.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by gman17 View Post
    Been that way here in Georgia and the Carolinas for more than a decade. Limited is hanging by a thread here and 604 crates are giving way to 602 crates(which I loathe). They've let the rules get way out of hand for way too long and so now we are here. All the fans see are crazy fast cars, but don't realize the costs involved to do all that, in money, in time and in specialized equipment. Things were better, in my view, after the NDRA died, but before Hav A Tampa got going. The rules were decentralized so guys stayed more to their own region and the competition was less concentrated so an average guy could still run and hope to do ok. During those years we got 220+ cars to the World 100 every year. I won't waste my time arguing it anymore with anybody, but I believe rolling back some rules and changing a few things could make late models viable again, but as long as you can hook up 900 HP, money will rule the day. The wedge nearly killed the sport before, today's cars are pretty much Wedge 2.0. I am sorry to hear about any tracks closing, its hard to get them back once their gone in our current regulatory environment.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Thank you, people that created Crates and Mods classes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Thank you, people that created Crates and Mods classes!!!!
    Exactly, I wouldn't say they caused what has happened, but they stood at the door to the theater and yelled fire and watched everyone run out. The Fastrak dude is the one who gets me, he sold crate as a class for those with less funding, the blue collar guy, the guy who quit. Then turned around and offered purses better than Super was offering weekly, so it made sense to quit Super & Limited and run crate. Now there is a whole cottage industry built around Crate and they won't go down easy. I refuse to support a 602 class of any kind, they suck and are made from junk. Anyway, I feel you.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

I blame it on video games. I mean come on look at the people that still go to the Dirt track races. They are mostly old farts like the people on this thread. It's much easier for the kids and takes a lot less effort to stay home and play video games.

All kidding aside purses have stayed the same for years and the teams expenses have gone up. There are too many choices for the entertainment dollar these days and late Model races are not popular with the youngsters. You can't raise the pay outs if you can't pack the stand every week. Lower classes pay less to win. Can't blame it on the promoter because little Johnny has a Baseball, soccer, lacrosse, etc game and Mom and Dad are going to watch him.

You don't need 900 hp to have good racing. If crate is what it takes to keep L/M a live then race crates. They just need to inspect the engines. A couple of weeks ago F/C only had 4 late models showed up. Another track was runing L/M but was rained out. 2 L/M went to F/C for the feature making a total of 6. Their were around 15 crates there that night. So which would you rather have 4 racing or 15 racing?

Only 14 supers at FALS tonight for $2000 to win.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Only 14 supers at FALS tonight for $2000 to win.
    If they down you know its bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    I blame it on video games. I mean come on look at the people that still go to the Dirt track races. They are mostly old farts like the people on this thread. It's much easier for the kids and takes a lot less effort to stay home and play video games.

All kidding aside purses have stayed the same for years and the teams expenses have gone up. There are too many choices for the entertainment dollar these days and late Model races are not popular with the youngsters. You can't raise the pay outs if you can't pack the stand every week. Lower classes pay less to win. Can't blame it on the promoter because little Johnny has a Baseball, soccer, lacrosse, etc game and Mom and Dad are going to watch him.
    Right its a combination of that and a culture where they are discouraging and demonizing masculinity in our boys...

You cant just blame creates and limited. The real reason

1. Its the cost of getting one and up keep.
    2. Payout for weekly shows are way to low on the bottom end.
    3.promoters and promoting
    4. Track owners/prepping

5. The people, you raise the weekly price people start crying, But yet they want supers weekly for $10-20 per adult, $5 for kids get in gate. Ass hole people at tracks. People left tracks don't return because of them. Not getting new people to come but that falls under promoters and track.

6. Finding enough sponsors to piss money away on it.

You talking about 7 super, wait until you only have 7 limited or creates showing up. What are you going blame it on then. How people talk down on create and limited every track should have 20-40 weekly. Wait there not, because people can't really afford that any more as well. It feaking cost 30k to run against top super stocks. Sorry creates not the problem, the problem started before that no one wanted do anything about then, no one doing anything about it now. I think so laugh able hear a national team cry about how much it costs when they are the ones push the price tag up.

Quote Originally Posted by circle2 View Post
    You don't need 900 hp to have good racing. If crate is what it takes to keep L/M a live then race crates. They just need to inspect the engines. A couple of weeks ago F/C only had 4 late models showed up. Another track was runing L/M but was rained out. 2 L/M went to F/C for the feature making a total of 6. Their were around 15 crates there that night. So which would you rather have 4 racing or 15 racing?
    I'd rather have 19 in one class.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

MB who can really afford run supers. You should know the full price tag run one a full season.