Default Heat race suggestion for WoO and Lucas

Just an idea.

Run 12+ car heats for 20 laps. Take the top 6 or 7....depending on the night's car count. If a guy misses a setup or qualifies terribly, they still have a shot to make a night out of it.

Seen a lot of nights where a driver figures something out about lap 7 or 8, and at that point has no time left to make a move.

As a paying customer, I'd much rather see two or three 20 lap heats, than four or five 10 lap heats.

Thoughts...

I think that just puts unnecessary wear on the cars and makes for a longer show unless you shorten the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Just an idea.

Run 12+ car heats for 20 laps. Take the top 6 or 7....depending on the night's car count. If a guy misses a setup or qualifies terribly, they still have a shot to make a night out of it.

Seen a lot of nights where a driver figures something out about lap 7 or 8, and at that point has no time left to make a move.

As a paying customer, I'd much rather see two or three 20 lap heats, than four or five 10 lap heats.

Thoughts...
    I like they idea. Too many 7 car heats to fill out the show. If a show draws 36 cars, run 3 15 lap heat races. Take top 6 from each. Then run 1 b main to fill out the field.

I don’t buy the argument that’ll tear up more equipment or make the show the longer. Your talking two less races and the same amount of laps on the track. That’ll even out at worst.