Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Carpenter

Tyler typically runs at places he knows he’s good at, or places that he feels he’ll be competitive at. That’s smart. He probably actually turns a modest profit at the end of the year. I don’t understand why everybody thinks he should go run a tour where he’s not going to be consistently competitive and will end up spending a ton more cash.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I’m not saying there millionaires by any means but they make enough money now to be able to go out and race and not worry if they have enough money to get back home

Its not totally fair to compare Bronson to them. This is his first year in a full time super ride. True, he does have money behind him, but he has beat the best in our area for a long time.

Put him in a crate lm, open mod, or steelhead lm and he can hold his own against anyone.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Car for Car. Tyler will drive Bronson and Mason in the ground. Unfortunately, driving talent is not the end all and be all in DLM racing.

The best drivers in the dirt world aren't on the Lucas or WOO tours. Sorry. There's a few out there for sure but 1/2 the field has nothing to do with driving talent.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Its not totally fair to compare Bronson to them. This is his first year in a full time super ride. True, he does have money behind him, but he has beat the best in our area for a long time.

Put him in a crate lm, open mod, or steelhead lm and he can hold his own against anyone.
    ^^^ his first full year supers and jumping into shark pool. Last year he started really tip toe into major lot of major events and very few hand fulls of summer national. I think the carpenters can fund Tyler run a full mars, Sunoco or hell tour. That would give him really good bench mark. Which I think he do good. But until he test his self week to week it hard say he better wheelman than kyle and mason. I seen all 3 drive over their head at times. Seen this year Tyler getting into the wall at atomic Lucas event. Ryan Unzicker runs the hell tour he works full time job. I put Ryan over Tyler with the funding he has as well. That one team I wish can just focus 100% racing.

Bronson is close to racin Jason in the sheet metal replacement dept. Loose cannon and a shame racing is based upon rich kids. They crash it and the dads and uncles fix it

I don't understand why people feel you have to race a series to prove your self, the kid can drive plain and simple. I'm not gonna knock the kid for picking up 10 grand against what some of you call light competition, proving yourself doesn't pay bills I'll take an easy 10 grand over a hard fought 1 grand if I'm lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Bronson is close to racin Jason in the sheet metal replacement dept. Loose cannon and a shame racing is based upon rich kids. They crash it and the dads and uncles fix it
    Im certainly not his biggest fan, but he wrecked very little running locally, while winning a ton.

I think what we're seeing is him overdriving the car when its not to his liking.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I don't know how much it costs to get from their home in west Virginia to pevely Missouri, but Freddie won the feature last night at I-55. I'm assuming he may have sold a chassis to someone out this way. I'm thinking blaze Burwell has one....

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    ^^^ his first full year supers and jumping into shark pool. Last year he started really tip toe into major lot of major events and very few hand fulls of summer national. I think the carpenters can fund Tyler run a full mars, Sunoco or hell tour. That would give him really good bench mark. Which I think he do good. But until he test his self week to week it hard say he better wheelman than kyle and mason. I seen all 3 drive over their head at times. Seen this year Tyler getting into the wall at atomic Lucas event. Ryan Unzicker runs the hell tour he works full time job. I put Ryan over Tyler with the funding he has as well. That one team I wish can just focus 100% racing.
    None of those tours you mentioned are anywhere close to West Virginia. Being on a national tour doesn’t make a driver better than one who isn’t.

Yeah, if Tyler was going to run a regional series, it would be Ultimate MOV or NE. They're both closer to home than any of the Midwest series.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    I don't know how much it costs to get from their home in west Virginia to pevely Missouri, but Freddie won the feature last night at I-55. I'm assuming he may have sold a chassis to someone out this way. I'm thinking blaze Burwell has one....
    This makes sense because I was wondering why he wasn't at Richmond with Tyler.

"Centeroff", not bashing you by any means just stating what I KNOW to be factual. Bronson is a cool guy to have beers with as we have consumed many at bubba raceway in the pits and watched him stroll in after breakfast looking like he never had 1. Lol, he and Racin' Jason come from 2 different worlds though. Jason has no "rich Dad or Uncle" that replaces anything he tears up. He busts his tail to do what he does and I like Kyle but they aren't compatible in the way you stated. I don't know if Kyle really even has the rich Dad or uncle as you stated. Just know we both like beer! I can say Jason's Dad was a wheelman in his own right. That 12 has meaning

I really like Tyler and appreciate what the ole country boy from WV has been able to do in racing. I can't imagine him running a national tour with the costs involved granted I don't know his financial situation; however I know he's got several very young children. I hope he continues cleaning up the regional shows, and hits the occasional crown jewel to see where he stands against top level competition. I like the fact that Kryptonite has the quote unquote 3 House cars, but also like the fact that sometimes they race at different tracks away from each other. I don't understand at times why all 3 Conley's show-up at the same track and race together.

Comparing him to Zeigler, Bronson, etc. I don't know how each would stack up, but Mason seems to be a really good guy from the time I've been around him. If you gave me the 3 of them to pick from to drive a car for me I'd take Tyler, but I also would want to run the type schedule he currently races.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I would take Tyler over the two, just for the simple fact that he could probably go to the track on his own, and be as good as he is with help. I would say he knows more about how to setup a car more than those other two combined, and can drive in any condition to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite17 View Post
    This makes sense because I was wondering why he wasn't at Richmond with Tyler.
    I notice that for the most part Tyler & Freddie don’t race against each other. They typically go to different tracks & many times they both win. Again smart racing on their part!

agreed Only one guy can take home the big check

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Tyler better than Mason and Kyle, that kind of funny lol. Tyler and Kyle are same age. Tyler hasn't archive half what kyle has, I'm not no where a kyle fan. Mason pretty much been running against the best since he got into late models. Mason comes from family has zero history of dirt track racing. Any time lucas, woo, summer nationals, sunoco or Mars goes to track where Tyler known run great at he a no show or can't make it in the show. When he runs a full series like summer nationals, sunoco, schaeffer, Mars, lucas or woo to see really how would he do. Then you can compare him say he better than Mason or kyle. Tyler is not racing against the best of regional or national guys week to week.
    I kinda think Tyler would have to go steal a modified to be on the same level as Kyle ?????

Wish Tyler could have come to Jamaica for the 20,000, 38 cars I think he could have pulled it off.

Does anybody "in the know" know what exactly it pays in tow money for the committed teams to just show up to a WOO or Lucas race? If they aren't getting at minimum $1,000 to show up on top of feature winnings, I just can't see how it is worth it unless you are a top 3-5 team on that series. If you don't run top 3-5 in points, your year-end points payout doesn't even sniff the money you drove right by to get to some of these WOO and Lucas races. There were at least 5-6 drivers that were at Columbus that could have walked away with that race in Virginia for $20K.

In addition: If you have a sponsor with deep pockets requiring you to run a national tour I suppose maybe (ERB JR) it makes sense.

It also makes a difference if you are doing it for a living or are independently rich with old family money. If you just want to go on vacation and tour the US and don't have to rely on your winnings to keep you going, sure I get national tour thing.
    Last edited by zach51; 06-18-2018 at 02:54 PM.