Thread: WoO

Neat, but as a crew, owner, or driver: I'd hate it personally. Ever get parked beside someone famous? like a NASCAR driver that is running dirt?

I couldn't work on the car, every time I turned around I had to ask people to move to walk around our car just to get to the other side. People are so busy watching the NASCAR driver (similar to people staring at their phone) that they don't see they are in the way and I can't do my job.

After or before the races, I have no issue with but tons of people in the pits isn't fun sometimes.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 06-19-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Had that happen before but it was a regular local like us but had a huge following. The driver and some of his crew were nice and easy to get along with. I've known them for along time. But there would always be 8-10 people standing around and watching. Before the event during the event and after until they left.

To help lessen the risk of injury or those fans getting in the way, maybe they will rope off the cars so you cannot get to the trailer and driver until after the races?

Do you suppose they are running his promotion to make money off the advanced sales to cover the cost of the event? Wasn't one of the reasons or possibly the main reason LaSalle had to cancel the Lucas event because not enough advanced tickets were sold? Just a thought

Pit area can be very dangerous place with cars making pits stops, not the place for novice fans to be wandering around. Dubuque Speedway especially, cars pit on the hillside, lighting is terrible.

They do this every year at Volusia Speed Weeks, but you don't have to buy in advance.. Advance is great only if the weather forecast is perfect forever..

The funny part is people stay out of the way of the famous person and their crew and usually don't get in there way because they are standing behind the cars on either side of the famous person. It really doesn't effect the famous persons crew at all, lol.

It’s been going at various tracks, especially with WoO sprints for 3-4 years.

That's been the norm for the Firecracker at Lernerville for years

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    That's been the norm for the Firecracker at Lernerville for years
    Yep. Advance tickets get a free pit pass upgrade for the prelim nights. It’s been that way since day one.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I don't usually buy advance unless I have a good history with the track and there rain out rules. I don't trust the WOO to be honest. Been screwed over at some tracks. I hope this works out as tracks are struggling to have the money up front to host these shows.

I pitty the racers and crew for these events.
    8/13/16