Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    The way to make a tire fire faster is by softening it, but the softer the tire by logic the more heat it will gain, and after it surpasses a certain temp its performance will drop off, when we used to run the H40 e-mod tire the hotter it got the better it stuck, and it was hard as a brick. So people are saying that juice makes a tire fire faster (softening) but stay cooler and last a long race? By simple science and physics I just dont know if I believe that to be true. Now all the scientists and physics majors on here tell me how wrong I am lol...
    Well you asked. The goal of treating a tire is to--- increase surface area, shed contaminates (dirt/mud), maintain consistency in temperature, increase plasticity, wear evenly, and REDUCE rolling resistance (not the same as reducing traction). A sticky tire is not always a fast tire, and neither is a soft tire. But no worries, I already discredited your statements when you said you'd measure tire temp with a "temp gun". Good luck with that!

I'd really like to see a team fight 1 of these tire failures in court.

Well whatever they check tire temp with now days I was trying to speak in simple terms. I dont claim to be a tire expert. I dont see how tire juice can increase surface area but...ahhh who cares ...

Quote Originally Posted by chopter View Post
    I'd really like to see a team fight 1 of these tire failures in court.
    Already have I believe

I can't figure out why many think the DB team is so squeaky clean.

Illstate, I just read your little argument with Necrosis and he doesn’t have a clue. Sounds like a go kart guy to me. Do you actually think for 1 second that these guys are prepping tires to reduce drag? Drag is grip and we all know these guys can’t get enough of that. As far as the contact patch goes, he is referring to rounding the sidewalls of a Burris SS33 kart tire. Drag is reduced by harder compounds, more air pressure and less contact patch just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    My question is, Does everybody from 5th on back move up a position and get the purse money that they should of got for the Pierce error, or does Eldora pocket the money????
    I knew a guy that didn't get paid in full until the after the whole tire gate deal got settled. He just randomly received a check in the mail from Eldora.

He got beat out by one spot on Fridays feature that year. He got paid his start money for that feature after it all settled, even though he did not make it that night.. He didn't make the 100 lapper, so I dont know what they will do there. I'm guessing pay the difference once it has all settled.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I can't figure out why many think the DB team is so squeaky clean.
    You're always trashing them for some reason. I'm sure they would love to meet you sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Already have I believe
    What was the outcome?

Illstate, I just read your little argument with Necrosis and he doesn’t have a clue. Sounds like a go kart guy to me. Do you actually think for 1 second that these guys are prepping tires to reduce drag? Drag is grip and we all know these guys can’t get enough of that. As far as the contact patch goes, he is referring to rounding the sidewalls of a Burris SS33 kart tire. Drag is reduced by harder compounds, more air pressure and less contact patch just to name a few.
    . Heh, never messed with Karts. So let's say you ran a big ol 36x17.5x16 Top Fuel tire at 4lbs on the right rear at Eldora. You would have a ton of drag, and a ton LESS grip. Drag is independent of traction, this is first-day stuff here man! If you ran 45 degrees of toe-in, you'd have a ton of drag, would that equate to traction? In aerodynamics, is drag equal to downforce? Can you reduce drag while increasing downforce? See, you continue to display your lack of understanding about almost everything. Now, reducing rolling resistance is not high on the list of priorities, but it is considered and the best tire treatments will achieve that end. As in other threads, I'm sure you'll conveniently ignore this to try to save face.

So a wider tire patch reduces drag, a chemical makes the contact patch wider, more air pressure increases drag, a softer tire reduces drag and Antoine Brown is racing his top fuel dragster in the World 100. Got it gumshoe! I will have to give you the plasticity and shedding contaminants just because that is above my pay grade. The tire wearing evenly doesn’t make sense to me either but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uCM1seqnAuY

Quote Originally Posted by chopter View Post
    What was the outcome?
    https://caselaw.findlaw.com/ms-court...s/1870859.html

Zero, 2 options. Your a mechanical engineer or you copied and pasted that. That was way over my head lol

And now the post evaporated. Pretty sure it’s plasticity didn’t hold up

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Zero, 2 options. Your a mechanical engineer or you copied and pasted that. That was way over my head lol
    I think hes tryn to tell you something offcenter!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Is there any proof that tires being altered is effective? Pierce started 5th and finished 3rd. I have listened to Bloomquist talk about chemically altered tires and hes said there's no advantages to doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    Is there any proof that tires being altered is effective? Pierce started 5th and finished 3rd. I have listened to Bloomquist talk about chemically altered tires and hes said there's no advantages to doing so.
    Definitely.......the stopwatch NEVER lies!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Pierce passed 2 cars in 25 laps. I don't see the advantage.

Might have finished 15th otherwise. hahahahahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Might have finished 15th otherwise. hahahahahahaa
    And a lap down. Just sayin' 😂😂😂

He got caught........he doesn't know the right "chemist"!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!