CARTERSVILLE, GA – Mitchell Jenkins of Kingston, GA has been hired as the Durrence Layne Racing Photographer/Videographer. Jenkins will travel with the two National Touring Divisions, and will also drop in on Weekly Racing Series tracks to capture images and video of drivers in those four Divisions.

Jenkins’ first race with the Durrence Layne Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series will be this Saturday night at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, GA. Jenkins will be at each Durrence Layne Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series National Touring event and at every Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series race, beginning on July 13 at Cochran Motor Speedway in Cochran, GA.

On off weekends, Jenkins will also begin to file a photo base for the Durrence Layne Weekly Racing Series drivers in the Durrence Lane Chevrolet Late Model Division, the Durrence Layne Performance Parts Street Stock Division, the Durrence Layne Chevrolet Late Model Sportsman Division, and the Durrence Layne Chevrolet Modified Sportsman Division.

It’s almost a natural that Jenkins brings his skills to Durrence Layne Racing because the series Founder and CEO Mike Vaughn and his family, and Jenkins and his family go back as friends over four generations.

“Our family ties run deep because Mitchell’s Great Grandfather and my Grandfather were the best of friends, my Dad and Mitchell’s Grandfather were close friends, and finally, Mitchell’s dad Don and I have been friends for nearly 40 years,” Vaughn said. “When Mitchell was a kid, I knew he was going to be whatever he wanted to be because he always gave 110 percent at whatever it was he was doing.

“Little did I know 15 years later I would be hiring him to be a part of the talented team I’ve put together in the racing business,” Vaughn said. “I am looking forward to Mitchell taking our series to the next level with his photography and his video work. Our program can use improvement in these two areas, especially in the age of Social Media, and I’m confident in Mitchell’s ability and work ethic that he can get us where we need to be as America’s Leader In Racing.”

In racing circles, Jenkins is best known for his photo and video work at Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA and at Rome Speedway in Rome, GA. The Swims Family has brought up some of the finest racing officials in the country through their two tracks, and through their Hav-A-Tampa Dirt Late Model Series of years past. Jenkins fits right into that fold.

“I am excited to start a new chapter in my life as the full time photographer and videographer for Durrence Layne Racing,” Jenkins said. “Mike and I have been talking for a few weeks now about things that the series needs and could be doing. I feel like those things are the next step in not only their program, but mine too. We’re all super excited!! What a blessing it is to be able to do what I love full time.”

NeSmith Racing is now Durrence Layne Racing! For more information and rules about the Durrence Layne Racing Divisions, visit the series web site at www.durrencelayneracing.com, or visit the series on Facebook at Durrence Layne Racing. You can follow us on Twitter @DurrenceLayneRacing.

Durrence Layne Chevrolet, Buick, GMC of Claxton, GA is the Title Sponsor of Durrence Layne Racing, and the Durrence Layne Chevrolet Pacesetter Award at Durrence Layne Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series events. Durrence Layne Chevrolet, Buick, GMC is one of the nation’s top GM Powertrain and Performance Dealers, with free delivery anywhere in the Southeast. Chevrolet Performance Parts is an Official Sponsor of Durrence Layne Racing. Hoosier Racing Tire is the Official Tire Sponsor of Durrence Layne Racing. VP Racing Fuel is the Official Race Fuel and Lubricant of Durrence Layne Racing. RockAuto.com is an Associate Sponsor of Durrence Layne Racing. Beyea Headers is the Durrence Layne Racing Hard Charger Sponsor. Knowles Race Parts and Bodies is the Official Parts Supplier for Durrence Layne Racing. Cruise With The Champions is the Official Vacation and Rookie of the Year Sponsor for Durrence Layne Racing. David Smith Carburetors is the Official Carburetor of Durrence Layne Racing. Freestyle Graphix is the Official Wrap, Banner, and Sign Company of Durrence Layne Racing. Durrence Layne Racing Contingency Sponsors for 2018 are Out-Pace Performance, CrateInsider.Com, Knowles Racing Parts and Bodies, and FreeStyle Graphix. 2018 Chassis Sponsors are Trak-Star Race Cars, Warrior Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, GRT Race Cars, and CVR Race Cars.