Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Repeal the, "Rumley Rule" NOW!!!
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Because of the careers they have built, and knowing that no one is perfect, well, except you.
    That is a very weak argument. You're claiming I'm "perfect" because I don't cheat at Late Model racing? OK...

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    How dare him accuse Moyer of cheating.....I thought he was as pure as the driven snow!

Im so disappointed!
    I Read somewhere they all cheat........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I Read somewhere they all cheat........
    4m?...........

https://youtu.be/Jg2oR91_r5I Dedicated to racers everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I never got anything that fancy. I have a couple of the old AFCO units with no damping. They beat some big name guys back in 1996. LOL
    We were fortunate. We had a set of Penske non adj at a Southern Allstars race and Bob McDowell noticed we were the only car with them. He offered up a set of double adj and did a lot of r&d with us that year. Then when any new products came out such as the spring rod, he would send us one to try. btw...that thing worked great on a 3 link b-mod!

note to racers.....You never know who you're talking to at the track. Be courteous and attentive, you may be talking to a potential sponsor.
    Last edited by a25rjr; 07-01-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I don't understand how the Moyers can have any fans. Between the constant whining like little girls, their "everybody should cater to us" attitude, their non-stop hypocrisy, and the blatant cheating, who would root for those people? But then again Bloomer has fans, so...
    I’m with you there...

Look at how Moyer took out Overton at the Dream, which ultimately lead to that team splitting up, then in Moyer's interview Moyer said that had Overton just let him pass him they'd all still be racing. How can anybody root for somebody with that holier-than-thou attitude? Had the tables been turned and Overton took him out he'd be whining for months about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Feger and now Culp have spoken out. Most UMP guys will not do it publicly. Kudos to these 2 guys for voicing an opinion on the corruption of DLM racing. But money is the overriding factor as usual And of course social media will rip into them. Sometimes doing the right thing is difficult. Is Culp off the series now? Would not blame him.
    Wasnt at I55 last night...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Wasnt at I55 last night...
    Yes, I missing your point.

So, is Francis not in charge of tech any more or is he being over ruled or has he surrendered?

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    So, is Francis not in charge of tech any more or is he being over ruled or has he surrendered?
    He's in charge of Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    What does the Lucas series have to do the Summernantionals?

Quote Originally Posted by seminole939913 View Post
    It's not the first time that Moyer has cheated. He won the Cotton Pickin' 100 at Magnolia a few years back running an open motor but claimed it to be a spec motor so he put the taller spec spoiler on the car and dominated the race. The drivers that finished behind him knew it and when they complained to track officials, nothing was done and he got to keep the win and the money. I haven't liked him since. I spent a lot of money to go down there that weekend, and to have a cheated car win and he just laughed about it and got away with it, ruined it all. I haven't been to a race he has been in since.
    Not to mention later when he was bitching about the spec engines (got them basically banned the next year due to his complaining), he won and Chris Wall ran 2nd with a spec and he measured Billy's spoiler and it was 9" instead of 8".

There is a super long history of Billy complaining and cheating, anyone that is really involved in the sport knows this but the fans might not.

Sorry gearhead, I wasn't thinking which series was racing. So anyway, does Francis have power in the Lucas series if he feels any car is illegal?

Ive raced modifieds for a long time, and I'm quitting. I'm just sick of the games. I don't trust most people to enforce the rules. Why would I put lots of effort, time, and money into something where I have to find out what I can get away with and cheat to win? There's lots of social games going on. If you dont have tons of money or aren't a big name you really don't have a fair chance. They really don't care to include blue collar working stiffs. If you do race, you get the privilege of being a field filler. Short track racing has been primarily blue collar. So essentially they are alienating their primary demographic. Then sanctioning bodies wonder where everyone went. I laugh when announcers talk about bringing kids and new people to the racetrack to bring in "the next generation of racers". I'm like, "WHO IS GOING TO GET INTO THIS $H!t OTHER THAN RICH KIDS OR BUSINESS OWNERS?!?" Delusional. Most people in modifieds and late models are left overs from when dirt racing was actually a good hobby or maybe profitable. Either you've been racing for a long time or you're a second or third generation racer.

I don't know if sanction bodies think they're going to replace the working guys with rich people or what. Seems like most people only want to get into racing when there's a big following. When there aren't any middle class people to pick on and everyone is gone, then the rich lose interest too.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    That is a very weak argument. You're claiming I'm "perfect" because I don't cheat at Late Model racing? OK...
    Huh, I didn’t know we were in a flippin contest, ya want a gold star, maybe a cookie? My point was, and yes, I know, some say there are some not cheating, you know what, maybe it’s not cheating, but it’s a so called gray area. Personally, and it has zero to do with Bloomer or Moyer, I feel the ones who run good are flirting with cheating somewhere on their car.

And no, I’m not claiming your perfection because you don’t cheat at late model racing, but because of your naive view that somehow some people are perfect. When truthfully, we are all flawed, some more than others, but is what it is.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Repeal the, "Rumley Rule" NOW!!!
    It’s not going to fix anything, they just need to enforce all their rules. They implement them, then turn the other cheek. I don’t care who you are, rules are rules, follow them, or gtfo.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Posted a couple of nights after he finished 1st at FALS, and then the next couple nights couldn't line up. Thought some thing was fishy then and Culp confirmed it. And if you look at summer nats points, they took his points away from the next night, but didn't say anything. Karma was he destroyed his car i guess, but I'm glad he is alright cause that was a bad wreck