Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Silver Dollar Nationals at I 80 Speedway roll call

Does anyone have an entry list or know what drivers are planning on being there?
    Thank you in advance for any information!
    Last edited by warrior18; 07-07-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Is there anything an I-80 first timer like myself should know in advance?
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Tickets— if you haven’t gotten tickets yet. Get them before the the bulk of the crowd shows up at 7pm. The line gets pretty long at the ticket window about that time. If you are a pit pass guy. Go sit on those bleachers on the back stretch. That’s a pretty cool place to watch the race from.

Seating— Not really a bad seat at the track. Especially in the chair backs on the front grandstand. They are elevated and the pits are sunken down in the infield.

Food/Beer— Food isn’t bad at the track. I’ve had worse and better. Beer is 4.50 a 16oz can. They also have mixed drinks. You can’t take beer from grandstand to the pits after the races. However if you go around to the pit entrance on the back stretch with your own beer you’ll be fine. It has to do with liquor license.

It’ll be hot(crossing our fingers it’s not). There’s virtually no shade at the track.

Is there anything an I-80 first timer like myself should know in advance? Like Husker said, It's gonna be hot, infield has viewing towers in each corner, great view of the corner action, grandstand is steep and each seat has a great view. We will be on the backstretch off turn two, stop by.

115 degrees last year but the racing is so good you will put up with it!! There is a tunnel in between the bleachers that always has a breeze that blows thru and it feels like a/c!!!!

Backstretch gets quite dusty.

Added...... 1 Jared Landers (stupid edited feature won’t work)

Track prep is extremely underrated at I-80. Been to most of the weekly shows and they’ve hit as square you can get. 100 degrees.....no dust and no breaks to completely farm the track. Some other tracks should take note.

Our group cannot wait to see I-80 and the newly renovated Jackson Motorplex.

Added 7 Ricky Weiss.

Adding Shannon Babb.

Updated........

This is an expected list so far for Fri and Sat Lucas Oil portion.

0 Scott Bloomquist
    00 Jesse Stovall
    1 Brandon Sheppard
    1 Matt Buller
    1 Earl Pearson Jr
    1 Josh Richards
    1 Justin Zeitner
    1 Jared Landers
    4 JC Wyman
    04 Tad Pospisil
    5 Don ONeal
    6 Al Humphrey
    7 Ricky Weiss
    7r Kent Robinson
    10 Junior Coover
    14 Kyle Berck
    14 Jake Neal
    14 Darrell Lanigan
    15 Justin Duty
    15 Jason Obrien
    16 Austin Seibert
    18 Chase Junghans
    18 Shannon Babb
    20 Jimmy Owens
    21x John Anderson
    22 Gregg Satterlee
    24 Bill Leighton Jr
    25 Brad Perdue
    25 Chad Simpson
    25z Mason Ziegler
    26jr Corey Zeitner
    28 Jimmy Mars
    28 Dennis Erb Jr
    32 Bobby Pierce
    32 Chris Simpson
    32b Clay Daly
    39 Tim McCreadie
    40b Kyle Bronson
    43 Jeremy Grady
    44 Chris Madden
    49 Jonathan Davenport
    51 Joey Moriarty
    53 Andrew Kosiski
    56 Chris Spieker
    58 Dave Eckrich
    71 Hudson ONeal
    80 Allan Hopp
    91 Tyler Erb
    98 Ben Schaller
    99jr Frank Heckenast Jr
    157 Mike Marler

Thursday— 10,000 to win Lucas Oil Go 50, 5,300 to win SLMR, 1,500 to win Go 25 for IMCA type mods. Practice for usmts modifieds.

Friday— Double round of heats for USMTS mods and Lucas Oil. $250 to win heats for Lucas Oil and $200 to win heats for USMTS. 2 qualifying features for USMTS mods, 1,000 to win each.

Saturday— B mains for USMTS and Lucas Oil. Belt Bash non qualifier for Lucas Oil 3,000 to win. A mains for USMTS (8,000 to win) and Lucas Oil (53,000 to win/2,000 to start)

Awesome track only thing I don't care for is the 8pm start time if you have kiddos like myself my boys didn't make it thru the mod heats just FYI

Schedule says 7:15 start for Thursday and 7:30 for Friday and Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Schedule says 7:15 start for Thursday and 7:30 for Friday and Saturday
    Yes.... that is the advertised start times. In the past they pushed back the start because of the heat. It doesn’t appear that’ll be the case this year....... fingers crossed.

Thanks guys, but I think I'm going to bow out on this one. I don't think I can enjoy myself knowing I dropped $400+ on the trip. The more I think about it, the less I can justify it.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Thanks guys, but I think I'm going to bow out on this one. I don't think I can enjoy myself knowing I dropped $400+ on the trip. The more I think about it, the less I can justify it.
    Honestly, to me it's one of the best shows around especially the double heats the first night. Only bad part is the heat and lack of shade.

Scott you hit it on the head! In my opinion, at least with the age of my kids (5 and 6) I can't justify taking them to a lot of races any more. It seems like nothing starts before 7pm and they all run past 10, many past 12 pm and that's just too late.

I do involve them and they stay up until they are tired when I get a ppv, but they don't go to the track too often.

Leaving on Wednesday morning to make the haul from AZ again, don't plan on missing this show any time in the near future.... Great group of people there and the racing is fantastic!!!! The heat can be a little tough to bear, but the forecast for this year is looking MUCH better than last year or even the year before. High 80's/Low 90's will be a real break from the Arizona heat!!!!! Safe travels everyone!

Buddy brings his two kids age 5 & 9 and they just love going into the pit area during the race, then after the race, it's at least 90 minutes until they are ready to head back to the camper.

All the Lucas regulars + The Top 3 WoO guys (1, 44, 157) + USMTS mods. I don’t think there is another show in the country that pulls 3 major series together like next weekend.