Default Lonesome Pine to dirt?

Accroding to race22.com, Lonesome Pine could reopen next season as a dirt track.

http://race22.online/two-shuttered-v...eopen-in-2019/

That sounds great.Lonesome pine is a great facility

I figured Lonesome Pine would've gone dirt when the Kinzers had it several years ago. Better late than never. I wonder who will managing the track?

Looks like a great facility. I was reading comments on their facebook page and every one of the comments knocks dirt track racing. Have these people never seen a dirt late model race? Asphalt can not compare to the excitement of dirt cars.

Growing up, my friends and I always picked a dirt race at one of the tracks in eastern Kentucky when that was an option; but there were several times we crossed the state line and went over to Lonesome Pine. I always enjoyed the races. Good short track stuff. But that was about 30 years ago and I've moved out of the mountains, so I don't know how the place was the last few years.

LPR gets leased to someone different each year seems like. Its hard to make it when your profit goes to the owners of the track. Late model racing kinda died in that part of virginia and everyone migrated to motor mile. I remember back in 2010 you had bubba wallace, josh berry, and a bunch of now xfinity and cup drivers there a few times a year with the UARA series.

But yea the locals dont like dirt at all. Once you cross the state line from ky to va, a lot changes.

Always thought that Lonesome Pine would be a good dirt track. If they do indeed make the switch, I wonder what night they would run.. Friday or Saturday? I would think Friday night might be a good choice with Wythe Raceway & Volunteer running on Saturday. Those two track are only about 1 hr plus or minus from Lonesome Pine. Thoughts? If they ran on Fridays what kinda of impact if any would they have on Kingsport running on Fridays. Would some of the drivers make the switch back to dirt to run at Lonesome Pine on a Friday night? Humm. I wish all tracks success.