Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: side bite

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Take compression out of the RR shock when it gets slick. Possibly take rounds out of both rights sides and add to both left sides to give the car some "pre-tilt".
    Yep....and practice what Mark Bush has been preaching for awhile.....decrease left side weight!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Yep....and practice what Mark Bush has been preaching for awhile.....decrease left side weight!
    so how much decrease left side we talking most chassis builders want you around 54 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterracing View Post
    so how much decrease left side we talking most chassis builders want you around 54 or so.
    Not something I'd do, but like everything not right or wrong just my personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by HRT2332 View Post
    Yes it is a deceleration issue on entry on turn in because we r back on throttle before center of corner. It's on the right front but it seems like it doesn't rollover on the right rear and plant, scotch, grip or sidebite. Yes i'm talking a high load number at dynamic of 2 1/2" of travel. I'm like 7up what is to high of load number for dryslick conditions. thanks for all help.
    Are you high static load with a medium spring or low static load with a stiff spring? big difference...

Meaning if you are saying a load at 2.5" of 1000# are you:

1. 375# static with a 250
    2. 187.5 static with a 325

^ I just made up so numbers that was easy^

Second group of questions:

1. Does it have side bite sometimes and other times it don't - meaning inconstant
    2. Are you pinching the car, trying to diamond? paper clip or momentum type track
    3. Have side bite for a while then loses it
    A. If so, does it recover real slowly
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 06-29-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Are you high static load with a medium spring or low static load with a stiff spring? big difference...

Meaning if you are saying a load at 2.5" of 1000# are you:

1. 375# static with a 250
    2. 187.5 static with a 325

^ I just made up so numbers that was easy^

Second group of questions:

1. Does it have side bite sometimes and other times it don't - meaning inconstant
    2. Are you pinching the car, trying to diamond? paper clip or momentum type track
    3. Have side bite for a while then loses it
    A. If so, does it recover real slowly
    my rr right now is a 250 without me in its 11 1/4 tall from 12 inch tall spring so sure my static number isn’t high

Wanna feel the rr better in the slick? Raise the jbar or drop the lf out a little more.

Tilting the car works well and taking compression out of the right sides helps

The guy i have been running with has taught me a lot about balance and that changing the balance of the car can and will be detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterracing View Post
    He says 53.5-54.

I say....do whatever the car/driver likes. Its just a number.

Me personaly....I have always had good luck with shortening the rs bars 1/4-3/4 inch. We had a blue Rocket one time, and the driver felt shortening the bars 1/2" tightened the car up the best. I asked Josh Richards and he said that was a common adj for those type cars.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

You want your car to have the same attitude in the slick as it does in traction. How you do that varies depending on type of track and preferred line on the track.

What is "scotch" other than something I don't drink?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019