Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Randy Weaver BACK in a SLM

Never have been able to figure out how to post pictures on here, but just saw on the DirtRacingNation Instagram page that the Dream Weaver himself is BACK in a SLM!

Was just about to post the same thing. Thought i was seeing things when i read his name on DoD at 411

Car looks badass! He was running in the front
    with the first and second place cars when the car cut out on him. They said that the battery went bad before the feature on FB and I guess he didn't have a backup with him. Good to see after 2.5 years he still has it.

I’m as stoked as I’ve been in a long time about a driver making a comeback

He spun out on lap 19 running third, and then pulled off.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

even though a lot of people gave up on him , maybe even himself , after the crash , I had a pretty good feeling we hadn't seen the end of his career , just needed some time to heal , both physically and mentally......

Quote Originally Posted by squaredup12 View Post
    Never have been able to figure out how to post pictures on here, but just saw on the DirtRacingNation Instagram page that the Dream Weaver himself is BACK in a SLM!
    In other news my dog pooped this morning.

I wonder if he was pitted next to Overton...

That way they could share Grant?

glad he's back

Lightbulb Concussions are no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    even though a lot of people gave up on him , maybe even himself , after the crash , I had a pretty good feeling we hadn't seen the end of his career , just needed some time to heal , both physically and mentally......
    Never knew anyone gave up on him... It was my understanding he got a concussion in a crash, I believe at EAMS, rolling the car several times. After which, HE chose to retire from driving. Ironically he was using all the safety equipment later mandated by the, "all knowing" late model council. Seems like Brian Shirley had a similar crash the same season with the same level of safety equipment and got the same injury. Hmmm? Glad Randy is back behind the wheel, if he wants to be.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CageFaraday View Post
    Never knew anyone gave up on him... It was my understanding he got a concussion in a crash, I believe at EAMS, rolling the car several times. After which, HE chose to retire from driving. Ironically he was using all the safety equipment later mandated by the, "all knowing" late model council. Seems like Brian Shirley had a similar crash the same season with the same level of safety equipment and got the same injury. Hmmm? Glad Randy is back behind the wheel, if he wants to be.
    This is true. He was really bad for a while. Couldn't be around loud noises or bright light because of the concussion.

Makes me wonder if some of the team frustrations were caused by Randy knowing he was ready to drive again and feeling like he could do it better

Overton >> Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    Makes me wonder if some of the team frustrations were caused by Randy knowing he was ready to drive again and feeling like he could do it better
    Bingo......after all the rumors I hope he gets paid!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomason View Post
    That wasn't the case. Randy really had no desire to ever get back in a car if you talked to him, it almost sounded like it scared him to think about it. The day it was said he would driving his sons crate car really blew my mind. I never expected him to get back in a car ever again.

You think maybe he ran the crate as sort of a feeler first to see how it would go?

Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 07-18-2018 at 05:47 PM.