Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Bobby Pierce - DIRTcar amends penalties against team from DREAM tire issue

FROM SPEED SPORT ON FACEBOOK
    All 7 team members took a polygraph test.
    DIRTcar amends penalties from DREAM tire issue. The Appeals Board upheld the disqualification & Suspension but reduced the fine to $2,000.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Have they offered polygraph test to other teams in the past that got nailed to the wall, asking for a friend?

Are they racing the PDC??

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    Have they offered polygraph test to other teams in the past that got nailed to the wall, asking for a friend?
    That is a new option in the rules for this season.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    thanks, first I've heard of it offered. Although I've heard drivers wanting to take one after the fact aswell to clear there name from time to time. Either way the option alone is cool I guess. Cant be bad in my eyes.

It's Ridiculous.....

Guess they are only sorta kinda guilty ???

They all pass a polygraph, yet the lab says they cheated so dirtcar decides to not have the ballz to stand by their own initial findings???

You're either guilty or you're not......there is no in between like this latest farce perpetuated by the ump overlords.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I had a couple questions I wanted to submit for testing...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Only thing the option does is allow chump to save some face somehow and not admit that there is a problem somewhere else in the tire rule, game,farce or whatever the heck you want to call it.

How bout polygraph the guys responsible for making and or selling the tires that " don't meet the benchmark".....that's where you'll find the problem in big time dlm racing 99% of the time.

Chump/Wrg knows they have a problem.....they just don't want to admit it and are too lazy or uninspired to fix it.

Very NASCAR-ish

wait, Pierce cheated a tire? When was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Planetzer0 View Post
    wait, Pierce cheated a tire? When was this?
    Sorta kinda maybe but ump isn't real sure now.......or something like that.

It's a very grey( or purple) ruling.

It makes you wonder. If WRG was confidant in their testing, why would they even offer a lie test. The tire rule and racers are being deliberated in public, but somebody left the only piece of evidence out of the public trial. Since Eldora is the only place that tests or catches someone at a test, maybe Eldora needs the lie test. Either prove the allocations or stop accusing these race teams, with out proof. They are guilty, because, I said so shouldn't fly anywhere.

The excuse, that it would show more how to cheat, is ridiculous. All the racers know what's used. If it looks like a Skunk and smells like a Skunk, it's more than likely a Skunk. A little truth and above board, could clear this up.

I appreciate WRG trying but they seem to be all over the place with these rules and some of them hurt the sport IMO. Not impressed with their current leadership. With that said, I believe Bobby when he said what he said. Seems very genuine in the couple times I've dealt with him. No idea on the crew but this whole polygraph thing is hilarious regardless.
    Last edited by GregA12; 07-20-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's Ridiculous.....

Guess they are only sorta kinda guilty ???

They all pass a polygraph, yet the lab says they cheated so dirtcar decides to not have the ballz to stand by their own initial findings???

You're either guilty or you're not......there is no in between like this latest farce perpetuated by the ump overlords.
    EXACTLY!! Thank You! ... ONE lab "claims" the tire didn't match bench mark .... I could say a WHOLE LOT more, but not my place ... I have all the faith in the world in Mr. Kemp Lamm!

Bobby already had served the 4 week suspension and was still disqualified the only thing different is the amount of the Fine.

Default The Entire Official Statement from WRG

Here is the entire statement WRG posted to their dirtcarump.com website:

Appeals Board Reduces Pierce Penalty for Dirt Late Model Dream Infraction following Polygraph Testing

CONCORD, NC — July 20, 2018 — The DIRTcar Appeals Board has amended a penalty served to Bobby Pierce, driver of the No 32p DIRTcar Late Model, following tire sampling at the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora Speedway in June.

After appealing the penalty as per Section 12 of the General Rules and Specifications, Pierce and seven members of his team underwent rigorous polygraph testing, providing the appellate board additional perspective in the issuance of the penalty.

The appellate board’s decision upheld the disqualification and suspension but reduced the fine to the minimum $2,000. Pierce has already completed the four-race suspension.

The Appeals Board affirmed and accepted the technical inspection procedure at the event, the samples’ chain of custody, processing of the samples, and the results of the multiple tests provided by the laboratory. Regardless of whether or not the team was aware of the infraction, the tire did not conform to the required specification and benchmarks.

After extensive consideration, the Appeals Board has the option of allowing polygraph testing to provide them with additional information in determining the appropriateness of the penalty.

As per Section 12 of the General Rules and Specifications, Pierce may file another appeal directly to the Chairman Potestas to review the Board’s determination.

DIRTcar Racing Late Model Penalty:

Bobby Pierce, driver of the No. 32p DIRTcar Racing Late Model has violated Section 11.0, 11.1-X, Y; 15.11-G of the 2018 DIRTcar Racing General Rules and Specifications.

Just out of curiosity, who's all on this appeals board? Is it just for WoO? Just motorsports in general?

It's DIRTcar, so it's WRG/WoO/UMP people.

Its funny when Pierce gets caught, the WRG doubts its test and offers a polygraph and reduces the fine but when 5 drivers get busted the WRG sees no fault in the system testing. All Bloomquist and others passed a polygraph also. It was a 90 day suspension reguardless. So 5 guys cheated in the same evening and no red flags were alerted but when Bobby gets popped the WRG admits fault? And you guys question their leadership.

So I guess apparently only non-WoO drivers treat their tires illegally, and only at Eldora when it's a UMP event, and only for the two biggest races of the year. Because we all know there's no one in the WoO field who has ever been caught cheating their tires, even one time, much less multiple times.

There's nothing odd about that at all, is there?

I have a visual....

WRG polygraph tester: Did you or any other team member use dope on any of the tires?

DB team member: Only Scottie B uses dope!

Tester: Good enough, you're all clear!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!