Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Silly Season Projections

As we are heading into the back half of the 2018 racing season and approaching the Crown Jewels, I thought maybe it would be fun to project any Silly Season moves. Personally I can't see Bobby Pierce back with Dunn Benson. There hasn't been the progression that I think they thought there would be. Additionally he was much more dominate in their own equipment. I think CBR also has to make a change in the 14 car. Any other thoughts?

Pierce has been running against much stronger competition week in and week out. I think he's done a fine job considering he's never raced at many of these tracks before this season.

Bloomquist to be ousted in Mooresburg ! Katrina ousts Bloomer and puts a new unknown driver in the Zero car.

Thats my prediction, and i'm sticking to it !

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Bloomquist to be ousted in Mooresburg ! Katrina ousts Bloomer and puts a new unknown driver in the Zero car.

Pierce to the zero car confirmed!

Birky splits with wife and makes a comeback. Wins the 2019 Dream and World 100.

Lanigan fired from the 14. Chassis changed to Kryptonite. New driver is T Carp sponsored by Pall Mall.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Rumley leaves the sport to join NASA, quits NASA because he couldn't afford the pay downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Pierce has been running against much stronger competition week in and week out. I think he's done a fine job considering he's never raced at many of these tracks before this season.
    Absolutely agree.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Oh Hell, Bloomer cuckolded by Booby, thats one for the ages right there !!!

Just say no...

Yes, Pierce was dominant in his back yard and the tracks that he liked therefore would travel to. You are right, running a national tour full time and learning, new tracks, a new car, and racing against tougher competition has really slowed down his win percentage.
    I swear some of these threads I'm reading today.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    Yes, Pierce was dominant in his back yard and the tracks that he liked therefore would travel to. You are right, running a national tour full time and learning, new tracks, a new car, and racing against tougher competition has really slowed down his win percentage.
    I swear some of these threads I'm reading today.
    I was thinking the same thing. Full time Lucas is a pretty big step up compared to Hell tour tracks and competition. Dipping into some WoO/Lucas events here and there isn't going to help in the long run.

But on the other hand he also needs to be provided a car that can actually finish a race running and or not smoking.

My silly season projection

Woo will cease Latemodels and join lucas oil Latemodel series as an under card with a New Series called "Woo Lucas Oil Modifies" they will be touring with the lucas oil latemodels running the same schedule with all modifieds Racing for $6500 to win events limiting just these 2 classes at each event! LOL
    Last edited by smoothoperator32; 07-20-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post

Okay stick to it and place a bet with me.........

Quote Originally Posted by Birky.Fan View Post
    Pierce to the zero car confirmed!
    As the tire changer. hahahahahaaaaa

Really, someone is going to put all them did not finishes at Pierce's feet? Night before last, Pierce has a sticking gas pedal and probably over whines engine. Last night he blows it up. Anyone see anything but rookie mistakes here? One a gas pedal should never be built so it can stick. Second, have they ever heard of a leak down test, to see what is happening inside that engine. I am guessing the valve lash was never checked. Pierce finishes well when the car finishes. Maintenance cost him 4 or 5 spots in the LODLM standings. Add that to new tracks and it makes it a little hard to do well. It was hard for EPJ also. Five years and one win.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    As the tire changer. hahahahahaaaaa
    We don't need him he just got busted for having a bad tar. That's the last thing Bloomers needs again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    We don't need him he just got busted for having a bad tar. That's the last thing Bloomers needs again. lol
    Well I guess there's room for a tool fetcher????

Bobby had a rough start to the season but, has been running a lot better in recent weeks but, has had many dnf here lately that has cost him. I would hope that the Dunn Benson team knew there would be some learning curves the fist year and would give Bobby a second year but, in today's world it's win now or down the road you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Really, someone is going to put all them did not finishes at Pierce's feet? Night before last, Pierce has a sticking gas pedal and probably over whines engine. Last night he blows it up. Anyone see anything but rookie mistakes here? One a gas pedal should never be built so it can stick. Second, have they ever heard of a leak down test, to see what is happening inside that engine. I am guessing the valve lash was never checked. Pierce finishes well when the car finishes. Maintenance cost him 4 or 5 spots in the LODLM standings. Add that to new tracks and it makes it a little hard to do well. It was hard for EPJ also. Five years and one win.
    I don't believe EPJ was with DB for 5 years this second time around? That would have put him in the DB ride in 2012, think he was still racing with BLR then.

My silly season prediction......

WRG acronym gets changed to WGR......and new series is renamed World goat rodeo.