Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    It appeared/sounded to me like it dropped a valve on lap 74ish and yes it did sound like he was turning more RPM then most of the cars.

Also remember in the B or last chance race (forgot now) bobby lost half of the header and that was one of the cautions to remove the header that someone ran over. That could have had an effect on the exhaust valve, that I think let go but again dropping a valve is a guess from what I heard on the track.

Second note: the engine was still running when he stopped on the back stretch and continued to do so for a long time way after he got out of the car. I heard someone say it wouldn't shut off with the ignition switch so may had an ignition problem causing the failure but I find that unlikely.
    If the engine wouldn't cut off then the engine was so hot that it couldn't cut off. Somebody on another thread said you could smell the engine under caution. Ive seen people run a motor so hot that they had to take a water hose to the motor to get it to shut off. Most people would have pulled in long before bobby did but when your not paying the bills and its 53 grand you stay out until the motor melts down.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post
    If the engine wouldn't cut off then the engine was so hot that it couldn't cut off. Somebody on another thread said you could smell the engine under caution. Ive seen people run a motor so hot that they had to take a water hose to the motor to get it to shut off. Most people would have pulled in long before bobby did but when your not paying the bills and its 53 grand you stay out until the motor melts down.
    That poster knows the difference between running and dieseling because it was hot. Water would be pushing out at that point.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Pierce Sr used to always signal him to stay out in the Summernationals and Midwest. He was taught to stay out till she can't go. You could smell, hear and see those engines blowing up, we'd sit up in the stands and shake our heads in disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That poster knows the difference between running and dieseling because it was hot. Water would be pushing out at that point.
    Not if there's no water to push out. Could have had a rock go through the radiator if you start dieseling it means you lost the water a long time ago. Like. I said someone who was there said you could smell the motor cooking before he stopped.

Just thinking.....one pp motor blown up 40 grand. 53 thousand winnners share up in smoke. Hey, for 93,000 dollars was there a manufactures warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Thats called talent!
    Luck has made so many look like they have talent .

Anyone can run the top all night with a fummy rr.... 😜

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    Is that true of bad luck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalker View Post
    Anyone can run the top all night with a fummy rr.... 
    Not many can do it lap after lap like Bobby, JD and Babb, ect. ect. even with that funny rr

Quote Originally Posted by getinit View Post
    Why wouldn't I? I get just as tired of ignorant comments in person as I do reading them.
    It's too bad that a guy can start 28th, drive to the lead halfway thru the race & lead until 4 to go when the engine gives up and all the huggers can do is talk about how he don't know what he's doing. I knew after Scott didn't win that this board would be full of bashing other drivers, but I didn't think it would be this asinine.

Let's talk about Scott dooring Richards, lets talk about Scott pinching Pierce off down the frontstretch? He such a great driver one can only assume both moves were on purpose right? There, I stooped to the level of this board!

No it's to bad when a guys boy don't win , he slams someone else because he didn't
    He didn't win , deal with it .

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    R u saying Bloomer is not talented? 😏

Not many can do it lap after lap like Bobby, JD and Babb, ect. ect. even with that funny rr
    And you too im guessing? Geez smh

Could be . You can help make your own luck by using your talent , or your ignorance .

R u saying Bloomer is not talented? 
    Not hardly............................................ .........

Could be . You can help make your own luck by using your talent , or your ignorance .
    I'm guessing the ignorant part is the bad luck side of things lol

R u saying Bloomer is not talented? 
    For those that are so offended to admit when they see talent , or have luck assist or add to
    their talent , are more offended because of their lack of it .

I'm guessing JD had both talent and luck last night because, he is the one that gets to cash the check.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Thats called talent!

For those that are so offended to admit when they see talent , or have luck assist or add to
    their talent , are more offended because of their lack of it .
    Inconsistency speaks for itself. You either have it or you dont. Where was all that talent in 2016, 17? 😀

I'm guessing JD had both talent and luck last night because, he is the one that gets to cash the check.
    You're drinking again ain't ya? Hahahaaaaa