Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Pierce!

With bobby crossing that line idk what to expect. I'm sure their not happy that he went. As I'm sure he's on dB's payroll I'd assume but not sure

And another DNF tonight. I wonder what broke? Talk about tough luck!!

This isn't tough luck. It proves lack of preventive maintenance an possibly driver pushing it more than car can handle. At this point you have to look at that.

Wasn't he in a brand new rocket xr1 (family owned car) tonight?

How could it be lack of preventative maintenance if it was a brand new car??

Could've been 100 different things with a new car. And, if he's planning on running the PDC and USA Nats it doesn't make much sense to go out and pound the car into the ground tonight, especially if he wasn't up front to begin with. They're not chasing WoO points...so pull off, take your $800, and move on.

Bobby just posted on Twitter the fan blade and pulley came off the engine.

Lost one at Fairbury also. Right?

Weird things, he said the pump broke and threw the belts and fan blade into the radiator...it was same car he ran at i-80 I believe this could be on them not checking everything...

Yes, you can look at the pics on his mom's FB post from tonight. Not a new car.If it is they put a used up body on it.

Was charging to the front once again too cars fast at least...

I’m sure bob is pretty good at preventative maintenance and checking stuff on his cars! Sometime stuff happens and seems like about everything has to them lately!

He was driving one of the 2 cars bob bought at the end of last year. Dunn benson has just been running those cars. There’s still 2 at the shop in North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Weird things, he said the pump broke and threw the belts and fan blade into the radiator...it was same car he ran at i-80 I believe this could be on them not checking everything...
    IDK how you check a water pump shaft to see if it's going to break. I raced for 22 years and helped numerous others and I've never found a way to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    This isn't tough luck. It proves lack of preventive maintenance an possibly driver pushing it more than car can handle. At this point you have to look at that.
    we get it, you think scott schmitt is god and you don't like bobby. enough with $hitting up every post with your lack of knowledge. Tell us how you check to see if a water pump shaft is going to break. For what these things cost there shouldn't be such a thing as running them too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by getinit View Post
    IDK how you check a water pump shaft to see if it's going to break. I raced for 22 years and helped numerous others and I've never found a way to prevent it.
    You took what I said out of context bud. I didnt know the shaft broke apart, I thought maybe since they just put motor in they may not have had all the bolts tight on it or the fan blade bolts tight. And ya t4g2 has finally come out of the closet on his feeling about Bobby, dudes running for executive board president in the 32 hater club, saying he runs a car so hard it blows th motor and breaks water pumps, smh dude dont know chit about a race car...

And right getinit, those things should be pretty much bullet proof unless you redline the motor wayyy past what the builder recommends, (which I dont see how they could) or run it out of water you cant run a motor too hard. Guy is a goofball...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    And right getinit, those things should be pretty much bullet proof unless you redline the motor wayyy past what the builder recommends, (which I dont see how they could) or run it out of water you cant run a motor too hard. Guy is a goofball...
    Well shucks, Bloomer brags on the durham ad about running his without water after the water pump fell off the engine. He must not know how to maintain his car either. maybe he's just running it too hard lol

Getin it I have multiple drivers I like. Their obviously a reason for all the part failures. I'm sure their not denying bad parts out. An I posted that before they released what it was. Same song an dance an going to be a very long year. I honestly don't see db even having a team after this year. Go Babb

fn sucked again last nite!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by getinit View Post
    This has to be a record breaking year for guys shelling water pumps. Can't ever remember so many failures and not just the 32. Numerous guys have had this problem.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    fn sucked again last nite!
    Started 12th and was up to 3rd. He sucked real bad