Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Moyer was hard to beat in his day but I think that day has passed..

Looks like a rookie doesn't know the meaning of a bad slider and a veteran who doesn't know how to dish out a decent payback!

I wonder if Huddie has met a Casey Roberts!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

What's the rules on the Nascar LM compared to regular LM? Without getting technical. Are they crates?

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    What's the rules on the Nascar LM compared to regular LM? Without getting technical. Are they crates?
    Required:
    Hoosier W30 on all four corners (grinding allowed only) & Hoosier W70 on right rear only (grinding allowed only).

My Laps or AMB compatible Transponder mounted to backside of mid-plate.

Optional: Late Models may also use the following engine configurations:

(Steel Head) 406-410 cid engine. Engine must use steel block and steel head. Heads may use a maximum of 235cc runners. Flat tappet cam only with max lift of .600. 1.5 ratio rockers only. Roller rockers are allowed. Wet sump oil system only with external oil filter allowed. Maximum intake height of 7.25”. This car must weigh 2300 lbs with driver after the race.

(Open/Aluminum Block Engine) Maximum engine set back is 6" measured from center of ball joint to first spark plug hole. Cars using this engine must 2,350 lbs with driver after the race, use restrictor plate with a maximum hole diameter of 1.0" and use maximum RPM chip of 8,250.

So if guys are pulling double duty are they using they're backup car and modify them to the rules or are they using a car that is always set up for those rules and run the class frequently? Thanks.

My guess, is using a car setup for those rules. Could be wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It was pretty clear Billy brought the boat anchor with to the track in both heats. Hudson was a little aggressive with that pass, and I don't blame Moyer one bit for doing what he done.

CnB, that is one and only time ove I've seen him do that to someone as well. I backed up the video and watched it again, it definetly intentional.
    Oh I’m sure. And I respect him and Bloomer, so no talking crap, but yeah, he just wasn't very fast. In saying that, even more reason Hudson coulda passed him clean instead of putting him in the wall. I liked it though, showed a little fire outta the old man. I wonder if Donnie would come save him from the old man?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Looks like a rookie doesn't know the meaning of a bad slider and a veteran who doesn't know how to dish out a decent payback!

I wonder if Huddie has met a Casey Roberts!
    I call it Karma. Remember ole Billy pulled a slider on Overton at the Dream knowing he wasn't gonna clear him. If I remember right Billy said I don't know why he didn't get on the brakes. So the shoe is on the other foot. All Billy had to do was hit the brakes and let Hud have the track. What comes around goes around.....

Jumping back up a few posts to answer the question of guys pulling double duty and whether or not they run the same car or have two...some do and some don't.

Don Shaw had two cars there. I am not sure about Lance Mathees but I suspect it was only one. AJ Diemel ran John Kaanta's car in the NASCAR portion of the program and his own in the main show. Nick Anvelink ran the same car in both.

Here's where I'm going to hop up high on a soapbox... There is some incredible "regional" talent everywhere you look. Guys who would hold their own if they were dropped into one of the handful of rides that run both regional tours. No doubt about it..guys like Josh Richards, B Shepp, the O'Neals, Pierce, etc are good and deserve to be there...but there are oodles of other guys who could win races running a national tour. They just don't have the desire to put themselves through that type of torture or they haven't had that type of funding to do it.

Full disclosure here...as a select few know, I've known both AJ Diemel and Nick Anvelink since they were still pooping their pants. We grew up together, we played little league together, we messed around with go-karts before we could drive, etc. I'm bullish on these guys not because of what they have done in a racecar but because of the dumb things we did before we had hair sprouting out of our loins. Anyway...here are two guys that come from an insanely small town of less than 200 people. They are "regional" but do pretty decent against the touring guys despite the fact that they are going to a bazooka fight with a slingshot. 9 or 10 years ago Nick put on a heck of a show at the USA Nationals running a WISSOTA motor. AJ was on his way to win the USA Nationals but a broken crank did him in. Then he picked off a Lucas Oil win a couple of years later leaving some of the "know-it-alls" wondering who this guy was. If you truly follow the sport you know who AJ is and who his wife's cousin is...it's Nick Anvelink. The point here is that it's not just WI that has guys like this who are technically "regional" racers who could hold their own on a tour if they had the funding and insanity to do it. Dang near every state has 2-3 guys who could hop into one of those touring rides and do pretty darn well. You don't have to go to a WoO show or a Lucas Oil show to see top level talent. It's out there running at your local track whether you know it or not.
    Last edited by gjohnston; 08-05-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Good post. The difference between regional guys and teams that run at the national level is slim in many cases, often comes down to funding and priorities.

Bobby pierce was coming.

Bobby P did one heck of a drive and deserves a lot of credit for moving up as he did. I was really impressed by B Sheep for driving such a smart race and his ability to use what ever part of the track he needed to make passes and win the race . Chase Junghans drove a most impressive race to fourth place. The track was fast and smooth for the feature. I really enjoyed seeing a race on a hammer down track dust free track. Be fun to see who wins at Farley tonight.
    Last edited by Mod Runner; 08-06-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    I call it Karma. Remember ole Billy pulled a slider on Overton at the Dream knowing he wasn't gonna clear him. If I remember right Billy said I don't know why he didn't get on the brakes. So the shoe is on the other foot. All Billy had to do was hit the brakes and let Hud have the track. What comes around goes around.....
    The dream deal. I believe Billy hit a hole at the bottom and his car jumped bad, then he pushed all the way up. Then Brandon didn't lift to do cross over get around Billy. But at that speed its not easy make split sec. reaction. Think that was just bad deal on both parts. Any one can point finger at either one them saying it was one person fault, one could did this or that.

C.Lake. I agree with you on Billy should have lifted, he veteran. Billy was slowing down not on pace, think hud thought he had Billy cleared. Billy could sat back after that a little, let hud and Babb battle it out for a lap or so, slowing their speed to set them up to pass both. Specially if he chased hud back down to get into him. Things that make you shake your head about.

Since PDC hud been really driving out character seems to me. He been driving on the edge driving very aggressive making some bad calls trying push to hard at times. I know he trying make the big show but it's been costing him more than anything.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 08-06-2018 at 01:15 AM.

I believe they also allow the Wissota and Wissota spec engine to run... pretty much any engine combo can compete with the open engines being restricted. The "steelhead" engine deal looks like the USRA limited engine spec.

This is pretty similar to the Shawano LM rules although Shawano mentions 604 crates as being legal.

Much better than a "crate only" class running by itself... mix 'em up and let them run. Very similar to what we had 30 years ago...

Im not sure what is allowed with shocks. Likely follow Wissota since they are in Wissota country.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019