Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N/S weather

Default N/S weather

The weather looks like crap for Wednesday; I'm assuming if the Latham is cancelled it wont be ran this year?

Also Saturday doesn't look very good weather wise, I know a lot can change between now and then but this could make for a nasty camp ground and pit area.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Friday not looking too good either. Right now chances drop to 20 percent chance of rain on Wednesday and Saturday night both though. Who knows!

Might make for a good watered track!!!!!

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...=localwx_10day

There's at least a 50% chance its not going to rain. I'm going to make the trip, regardless!

2 years ago they was giving flood warnings and 90% for rain and ran. I’m fairly confident they will run
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Stay positive. Cedar Lake this past weekend looked to have no chance but it worked.

It's impossible to predict weather, the only reason there are weather forecasts is to get gullible people to watch the news.

sure wish I could be there

I think they'll get all of the racing in this week. With all of the rain-outs that Florence has had this year, they need a big week. They will do everything possible to get all of the racing in. It looks like typical pop-up summertime storms that will be hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I think they'll get all of the racing in this week. With all of the rain-outs that Florence has had this year, they need a big week. They will do everything possible to get all of the racing in. It looks like typical pop-up summertime storms that will be hit or miss.
    Those happen all summer long and it's completely impossible to predict where they are going to pop up. It's completely worthless listening to weather forecasts when it's impossible to predict weather. Meteorologists are no different than fortune tellers, they all just feed everyone a bunch of BS.

This is one that you chance it despite the forecast .. and i'm 4 hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by kd1 View Post
    This is one that you chance it despite the forecast .. and i'm 4 hours away.
    I'm 4.5 hours away.... you'd have to be a moron to not go because of weather. It rains at some point every year on N/S weekend and all it does is help the track. With 4 days of racing we could use some rain during those 4 days. I don't understand why people panic about rain when the track needs water anyhow.

was R Latham originally a Lucas point race??

It sure was.

kinda thought it was
    thx

Yea the Ralph Latham was originally scheduled for May 5th and was postponed til this weekend

Default Weather

It is not impossible to predict the weather. Meteorologist's do it all the time. Hurricanes, tornadoes, winds, showers, amounts of rain. People tend to forget when they hit 9 out 10, they want to focus on the 1 out of 10 they might miss. For some reason Florence gets a lot of rain, just look at the past few years and rain outs.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    It is not impossible to predict the weather. Meteorologist's do it all the time. Hurricanes, tornadoes, winds, showers, amounts of rain. People tend to forget when they hit 9 out 10, they want to focus on the 1 out of 10 they might miss. For some reason Florence gets a lot of rain, just look at the past few years and rain outs.
    The predictions are wrong 9 out of 10 times because it's impossible to predict weather accurately.

Remember that the Firecracker ran off as scheduled despite forecasters saying there was a 70% chance of rain all three days.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

We could always get some...WATERMELLON!!

LOL @Links
    Eastbay (5)