Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N/S weather

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/

Anymore the SPCC (Norman, OK)does a d@mn good job of predicting risk areas for tornado outbreaks. Watch and warning times have also improved greatly. Those guys save multiple lives every year. They’ve also consistently nailed the Fire Weather forecasting this year, especially for the Western Fire season. You’re way off on this one GearHead
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 08-07-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Chupp, that doesn't even make sense. Once you see something with your own eyes then it's a reality, not a forecast or prediction. Besides, they can't pinpoint where tornadoes are going to hit until they actually develop and touch down.
    I was being sarcastic. Doesn’t make sense just as your logic about the weather services doesn’t man. They are pretty close usually, plus I watch the radar.

My work depends on the weather, so at times I have been burnt by their forecast. But doesn’t mean we quit paying attention and keeping up with the weather as to not screw ourself.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Everyone is wrong sometimes. Something that involves dozens of constantly changing variables is not easy to predict. That said, the NWS does pretty good. I also work outside. A forecast and radar view largely determine what I get into each day.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Everyone is wrong sometimes. Something that involves dozens of constantly changing variables is not easy to predict. That said, the NWS does pretty good. I also work outside. A forecast and radar view largely determine what I get into each day.
    Yes. Job I’m on now, some of the stuff we are doing is very dependent on the weather, and not getting roads muddy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Florence will do all that it takes. No reason to think they won’t get at least a couple of these races in.

It rains an average of 132 days a year in Cincinnati. Leaving 233 days of no rain.

Default Rain @ Florence?

Surely not! Those meteorologist's predicted that.