Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Million

Default Dirt Million

Just wondering if anyone on here went to the Lucas Oil Series race at Mansfield earlier this year? I was talking with some people at Florence, they said it was very unorganized as far as being able to get into track. If it was unorganized for that race, we may be in trouble for the Dirt Million.

I won't be, I'm gonna pass.

I wont be there, fans should only be expected to buy tickets not help pay the purse. I was at the dirt million, paid $85 and watched donnie moran actually win a million. I cant imagine anyone that saw the mansfield lucas race earlier this year, going or purchasing the ppv.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdirtfan View Post
    I wont be there, fans should only be expected to buy tickets not help pay the purse.
    Doesn't the money from tickets people buy contribute to the purse? Same thing if you were going to a professional sporting event. The money people pay for tickets, concessions and merchandise if they buy anything, a percentage of that goes to paying the players.

Race looks like a bust and wont even get half way there. Still gonna be a good time, but a bust in hindsight getting to a million $ purse.

Thanks for the info. However, I was curious about getting into the track and organization. Some people at Florence were telling me the track would not let people in at the time stated it would. Does anyone else know about that?

Hope he succeeds but I’m going to pass on it. I’ve been to Mansfield twice, they haven’t got their stuff together yet but I hope they turn it around.

Default Together

If they ain't got it together for a regular Lucas Oil Series race, they may have a bad day a coming with this Dirt Million race!

I was going until I watched the free race this year on DoD... the track is wonderful but the surface itself is AWFUL

Using "million" was probably a poor choice of wording maybe they revise it for the future. But it does currently pay $175+k to win so....

There not asking for donations for anything. It’s basical the same thing as any other race they are just adding into the purse when you purchase things. It’s not rocket science dumb a$$es.

I went to the Lucas race earlier this season and had no trouble at all getting in. I will go to the Dirt Million as the racing at the earlier race wasn't as bad as you all make it out to have been. When you watch on ppv you only get to see what the camera shows you. The battles for position other than the lead were pretty decent. All races that start the fast guys in front promote little passing. I stood on the backstretch and it was a little dusty but I could still see most of the track. I hope it's a sellout and the car count is over 60 and that will hopefully allow this race to continue and grow.

I'm a dumdass for passing on a race that seems so iffy? Well Einstein, I hope I can say after it's over , I wish I had went but I am not driving 5 hours plus to a place that hasn't proved it can put on a good show.

I have no issues with the way the race formed. I’m not going because the racing just hasn’t been very good there and the races have been strung out far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    I'm a dumdass for passing on a race that seems so iffy? Well Einstein, I hope I can say after it's over , I wish I had went but I am not driving 5 hours plus to a place that hasn't proved it can put on a good show.
    That doesn't have anything to do with what the argument really was about. The argument was about the tickets helping pay the purse not whether or not they can put on a good show.

That was one part, and agreed tickets are most of the purse everywhere but no one knows what the purse WILL be for certain. I hope it pans out but I feel the whole thing was rushed

Ain't this the guy that runs the speed limit race 55mph in St. Louis that should of told you something.

This stuff has burned me up good from the day it was posted. The amount of solicitation for money from fans to buy drivers tires, pit passes, fuel, then put this stuff up for purchase......

https://www.dirtmillion.com/shop/memorabilia/

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    This stuff has burned me up good from the day it was posted. The amount of solicitation for money from fans to buy drivers tires, pit passes, fuel, then put this stuff up for purchase......

The prices they set for that stuff are ludicrous.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post

The Bloomquist 18 door at dtwc sold for 1100. I watched his 600th win door sell for 1300 or 1350 this past weekend. I can't see anyone giving 2 grand for his, or anyone else's door that wins this race.

Like Josh said, it's ridiculous the prices they have on that stuff.

I got all the hope in the world for this race to take off, but I'm going to sit this one out. I feel like they've bitten off a little more than they can chew for no longer than the track has been back open.