Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Finish. Page knowles hiett. Rubbered up round bottom last 30 laps. Caution free. Hiett tried to move a lapped car and cost him a spot late.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Also like the fact SAS didn’t do that emergency provisional crap. Nice.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Did I read right that Jake Knowles finished 2nd with a 525 motor?

Yes. Page had one in too.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

no he didn't. it was an RY45.

thats what i was thinking as well W9 , but you never know now days the way they switch up so much ,

I was going by what a track official told me
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    I was going by what a track official told me
    He runs an Andy Durham motor.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Says on DoD Page was running a Stinger chassis with a Andy Durham. In the post race they interviewed Jake Knowles and he mentioned he was running the 525.

Again, I was told that by a track official. They wrong, I’m wrong, let’s move along. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I was told that Page has a 525. Then at the interviews I asked Page what kind of engine he had, and he said it was not a 525 but the engine mentioned in a previous post. Any hoo, it was ggod to see Dirt Crow and many others that night.

LMM

Page had 2350 weight sticker on car and under SAS rules that is open motor.

Ok here is my observations from this past Saturday night at Talladega and the Southern All Stars Governors Cup. First think this could be the marquee event that both TST and SAS need, got a good foundation to build off of as car count was fantastic at 45 and crowd was huge and lower division support. It has been a long time since I sheen those kinda crowds at TST on non NASCAR Weekend. Nothing wrong with SAS format got to see tme trials, heats b mains and feature and $20 for a $10,000 to win race say people got their monies worth. Showed moved as quick as it could with all the racing Maybe need to work on starting earlier with hot laps Seen people I have not seen in years there and I said what brought you out tonight and they $10,000 to win So overall good show by TST and SAS it had the feel of something that can be a big time event and it must have felt that way to them as they have already booked it for August 10, 2019.

I enjoyed it myself but here’s a few things they could work on..... 1 - less hot laps for all classes. 2 laps is enough. More just burns up the surface. The class that had 3 cars got 7 hot laps. That’s ridiculous. 2 - when one races ends, get the next one on the track. Just a few years ago it was this way. As cars exited the track, the next bunch was coming on the track. They gotta get back to that. Down time is boring time. Drives new fans away. 3 - get new wreckers!! That red wrecker was being used when I was 12. I’m turning 45 next week! And they shouldn’t wait to be called. If the yellow comes out, hit the track immediately. 4 - the front grandstands need to be crop dusted bout noon every race day. The bugs were pretty bad. I looked around one time just to see how many people were swatting or picking off bugs. Plenty was. .....that’s it. Now see if I get slammed. Lol
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

You mean man!!!!!

As much as we complain about TST at times, go race else where. It really makes us appreciate things at TST. lol

There were so many positives about the night, of course there will always be ways to improve. We do like to give the racers their moneys worth as far as on track time. On normal Sat nights we run a real sharp program and all in all we did just that Sat night. With the exception of just a couple of instances, 4 to my knowledge, during heat race action, the next race was pulling over the hill within half a minute. The SAS between heat time was not as quick. It sure wasn't for a lack of announcement.

The thing I really enjoyed, was the "big event" feel to the race. Had that vibe to it. I just wished I could have announced the SAS action. But I do get the constructive concerns, but all in all that night kicked a$$ and I was thrilled with all the kind words that night and felt fortunate to be a part of it.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You mean man!!!!!
    Just trying to help. 🙂
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    Ok here is my observations from this past Saturday night at Talladega and the Southern All Stars Governors Cup. First think this could be the marquee event that both TST and SAS need, got a good foundation to build off of as car count was fantastic at 45 and crowd was huge and lower division support. It has been a long time since I sheen those kinda crowds at TST on non NASCAR Weekend. Nothing wrong with SAS format got to see tme trials, heats b mains and feature and $20 for a $10,000 to win race say people got their monies worth. Showed moved as quick as it could with all the racing Maybe need to work on starting earlier with hot laps Seen people I have not seen in years there and I said what brought you out tonight and they $10,000 to win So overall good show by TST and SAS it had the feel of something that can be a big time event and it must have felt that way to them as they have already booked it for August 10, 2019.
    They should have it Aug 3rd instead of 10th. Schedule against Cedar Lake not Florence.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    They should have it Aug 3rd instead of 10th. Schedule against Cedar Lake not Florence.
    2nd that,Crow! Let's all gather that good crowd again in October. Still surprised Clanton, Weaver and some others didn't come try last week!