Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike marlar

Default Mike marlar

I seen on another post that people would be surprised when they seen the car he's running at Mansfield. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Big fan of dirt View Post
    I seen on another post that people would be surprised when they seen the car he's running at Mansfield. Can anyone elaborate on that?
    In a Longhorn

C.J Rayburn

If it’s a longhorn I’d guess Randy weavers #116

I was surprised to see Mike was to be in a Longhorn , but his number is listed as 157. We need someone to get some verification and facts as to who Mike is driving for or is the Longhorn his own car.

I wish somebody would go ahead and spill the beans the suspense is killing me 🤔

This isn't the first time Mike has done this since he has drove for Delk. He drove a longhorn by weaver once before a few years ago at the n/s, then went right back to his capital car the very next race.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I was surprised to see Mike was to be in a Longhorn , but his number is listed as 157. We need someone to get some verification and facts as to who Mike is driving for or is the Longhorn his own car.
    It's Delk's car, had a falling out with Rocket. I doubt very many people are going to get an explanation as to what happened.

I love how 4m beats it till it bleeds then beats it for bleeding over stuff like this . Marlar is a stud wheelman and obviously pretty smart on dialing the car in also. He’s going to be fine in whatever he was in , that delk fella wants to win and he’ll get marlar what he needs

Marler has proved he is competitive, have to think he will be fine. But it leads me to think for the umteenth time about something that would trouble me if I was an owner. I’m buying chassis, parts, and supposedly supporting set up and revision info from a competitor. The house car and chassis company owner is a competitor, pure and simple, just how much do they help in the end?

Same thing goes with Scott Bloomquist,, Barry Wright, and Ronnie Stuckey. They too are competitors just like Mark Richards. They want to see all their cars run good but all want their house car to win.

Delk and Marlar change chassis a lot. I don’t think it’s that surprising that they’re moving away from Rocket. It’s hardly the first time they’ve done that, and I doubt it’s the last.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

kazual , the chassis builders give every customer a base line set up , not there personal set up info , way its always been........

If you're running a national series (especially WoO) and looking to get an edge , Rocket would be the last chassis you'd want to be in. On any given night you are racing against 8+ XR1's including the house car. It makes sense for the 1 to keep some things to themselves because of the number of XR1's in the field.

Ive said this before, but the worst thing that happened to late model racing is the XR1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    If you're running a national series (especially WoO) and looking to get an edge , Rocket would be the last chassis you'd want to be in. On any given night you are racing against 8+ XR1's including the house car. It makes sense for the 1 to keep some things to themselves because of the number of XR1's in the field.

Ive said this before, but the worst thing that happened to late model racing is the XR1.

Stop it...…..

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    kazual , the chassis builders give every customer a base line set up , not there personal set up info , way its always been........
    Very true. But a lot has changed in the last couple years. Not everyone gets that info at the same time. Some of it you get with a new car and don't even realize what you got. Some of it has to be told.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Even if a house car gave out it's exact setup, it's not going to work for everybody. The very best setups are tailored to the driver, and no two drivers drive exactly the same way.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Just thinking out loud... and I am a Marlar fan and know that he is a great wheeler, but isn't he in the hunt for a WOO Championship? In Rocket equipment? Seems a little a risky to switch up at this point in the game regardless of the "beef." Best of luck to the 157 team the rest of the year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post

Rumley’s redesigning of the Longhorn was first, not the XR1. That’s where it snowballed. And it is debatable whether Rumley actually helped on the XR1 or not. I heard rumors other than here that he certainly did, but I’ve never seen it printed anywhere. The Longhorn and then the XR1 got us to the $40k plus rollers.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Sure all of that is correct but wonder if some drivers / owners understand that or what they expect. Forgive me with what some will think is not an apples to apples comparison. Kelly Shryock’s company, Skyrocket, supplied the dominant chassis for USMTS competitors in the 90s and early 2000s. Until guys began to realize they would never be consistently competitive against him running the same stuff.