Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Back in the day thats how it was. I prefer nite racing, but day racing is better than no racing.

Appreciate anyone over there updating what the officials are saying. We will be there at some point regardless, just don't want to take the little ones over in the camper if all they can do is watch DVD's all weekend.

Well Accuweather just updated to 100% chance of rain Saturday and about 2 inches of rain expected....

Has the World ever been postponed because of rain and held on a later date? Not Sunday, but a totally different weekend?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Has the World ever been postponed because of rain and held on a later date? Not Sunday, but a totally different weekend?
    These are some of the latest dates I've seen on the DoD history. Not sure if they were actually scheduled that late or if they were a makeup date. Most generally it's been the first couple weekends in September. But back in the early 70's it was the first weekend of Oct. So those could be a starting point.

1990 Oct 14th, 1989 Oct 7, 1976 Oct 17th

My dad said he went back like 3-4 weekends in a row back in the day before they got it in. But that was before touring series and seemingly a crown jewel every weekend so they could get away with it.

The forecast is bound to change hourly which has us waiting till early Saturday morning before we make a final decision because we only go for the Saturday portion anyway

Me too golddirt..man I am praying and holding hope, ive been looking forward to this event since I got tickets in December...I googled Rossburg weather and it says 40% for Sat as of a few minutes ago...

I would really like to make it and get a chance to see Birky as I won't be at Knoxville but I am not going to drive four hours if it don't look favorable. I'm not as hard core of a fan as I used to be I tried to use more common sense now days

EDT

More Information:

Local Forecast Office

More Local Wx

3 Day History

Mobile Weather

Hourly Weather Forecast

Extended Forecast for
    Rossburg OH

This
    Afternoon

This Afternoon: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 3pm and 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

T-storms
    Likely

High: 80 °F

Tonight

Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 65. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Chance
    T-storms

Low: 65 °F

Friday

Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Chance
    T-storms

High: 74 °F

Friday
    Night

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 60. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Chance
    Showers

Low: 60 °F

Saturday

Saturday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Showers
    Likely

High: 71 °F

Saturday
    Night

Saturday Night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Showers

Low: 60 °F

Sunday

Sunday: Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 72. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Heavy Rain
    and Breezy

High: 72 °F

Sunday
    Night

Sunday Night: Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Heavy Rain

Low: 63 °F

Monday

Monday: A chance of showers before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Chance
    Showers

High: 74 °F

Detailed Forecast

This Afternoon

Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 3pm and 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight

A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 65. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night

A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 60. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Sunday

Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 72. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sunday Night

Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Monday

A chance of showers before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

National Weather Service - Official Site

https://www.weather.gov

Forget it. Not this weekend. Hope they announce a new date SOON.

well crap...

And no paper

At the Dream this year a person I talked with mentioned a year where he made multiple trips for the world due to rainout. I don’t remember what year it was. Suffice to say they will do everything they can to get it in. I didn’t give them much of a chance in June and they got it all done by Saturday night. If u are there map when u can cause u might have some late nights coming up

Weather alert just put out in darke county and surrounding area

Lernerville got the Firecracker in with a very similar forecast that spelled out nothing but doom and gloom, and got it in on the scheduled days. I don't see any reason why Eldora couldn't pull it off if given similar breaks in the rain. Have some faith ya'll.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Back in the late 80's or early 90's there were a couple weekend washouts and the event was pushed back a full week. However, I did read somewhere last week under the rain date policy for the World that the rain date is considered the "Next Clear Day". I guess that could be Monday or Tuesday.

I figure they get it in but too far of a drive for me to risk it
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Eldora just tweeted a weather alert that there is storm cells in the area that contain lightening