Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Well

I’ve always stuck up for Rocket, because of his success, and pretty much fuk Bronson. Spoiled brat and just shady.

But if they really did this, seems as though they did, it’s shady. When did the door thickness rule come out? Before this car was built or after? If before, then it’s on them completely for building an illegal car. If after, it coulda been an oversight, though still on them. It’s not that they weren’t illegal, obviously they were. It’s the way it was done. I mean Rocket ran air shocks when they weren’t legal for a good six months I believe. And they’d gain you more speed than an 1/8” thickness.

I mean, illegal is illegal, but it definitely smells awful. Do things in the name of safety and for the right reasons, not to hang someone on a technicality.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Well said . I agree . If you cant beat them ,rat on them . lol . There is a old Weiss saying
    don't sh!t where you make your bed .

The amount of misguided butthurt on this topic is astounding...and even if they did "snitch" why are you surprised?... #suckitupbuttercups...

Bronson just a thieving lil b!tch....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    The amount of misguided butthurt on this topic is astounding...and even if they did "snitch" why are you surprised?... #suckitupbuttercups...
    I don't see anyone having a problem . And am not surprised . Sure is bs though .

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Zero Dream/World wins and the chance to knock Bloomquist out of the running?
    Rocket Chassis’s have won both before

I think he meant Rocket1 hasn't won the Dream or the World.

Alldirt
    I'm definitely not surprised

Nobody was flipping cheating here, this was 2016 car and they changed the rule recently. Do you even know what it was? It was a bar behind the seat. It was 1 3/8th and was supposed to be 1 and 1/2. His new car (wissota ) had it right and his old car didn't and they raced with it all year and no one said a thing about it. They will have this fixed by Knoxville. I am pretty sure nobody cared but Rackett and Bronson because he was going around telling everyone because he didn't get what he wanted from Bloomer. He got all pissy and stated anyone can look at one of the uncompleted cars for a fee on the jig. I lost respect for Rackett and Bronson. They are basically a couple of tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Per the fb post I only see one team crying, he just got done saying it two wrongs dont make a right just cause everyone else is supposedly cheating, well you got caught deal with it its not somebody elses fault, once again mad at the wrong people this is like your buddy telling you ur wifes cheating on you, and when you find out its true, you are mad at your buddy and not her lol smh this is complete nonsense...whew...

Ricky Weiss is racing big shows for the first time in his career. I do not think he even knew what was going on. Sounds like they were caught off guard. But all in all it made him leave the world 100 that got rained out and ended up winning a big race with the Wissota car in Grand forks. They are still learning and I think Racket is worried. They always seem to be up to no good looking for any gray area on any cars that are not theirs. They are racing narcs in my opinon because they want to sell more cars.. You know what I think, they should figure out how to race their cars instead of trying to ruin someone else's day.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I hope Francis missed this because he was looking for things that actually matter and/or drive costs up.
    Rules are rules and his car did not meet the rule requirements and that is why he loaded up to go to Grand Forks. Just asking, how many drivers has Francis disqualified this year for running something illegal? Besides the Kevlar insert rule, what has Francis done to lower the cost of racing that he complained about in public? Again the onus of this situation is on Sweet Bloomquist race cars if Weiss was not aware of the size of the tubing and if he was than it is his own fault. Again, I am a fan of Bloomquist, but he is making it harder and harder to keep being a fan because of all his antics esp. this year . Another question, because I do not know the answer, when the Rumley device was banned, was it because other drivers or chassis manufactures complained?

I agree with Badlands up there, complete BS.

My question is why did they "jig" the car, you don't have to jig anything to tell if its legal or not. Sounds to me like Bronson was butt hurt over Bloomquist not handing out all his knowledge or something. Then allows Richards to look at the chassis and or jig it to see what Bloomquist is doing so well. BTW that would have nothing to do with tubing sizing.

Anyway, complete LOW CLASS move on Richards part, IMHO. Bronson, no need to comment.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Rules are rules and his car did not meet the rule requirements and that is why he loaded up to go to Grand Forks. Just asking, how many drivers has Francis disqualified this year for running something illegal? Besides the Kevlar insert rule, what has Francis done to lower the cost of racing that he complained about in public? Again the onus of this situation is on Sweet Bloomquist race cars if Weiss was not aware of the size of the tubing and if he was than it is his own fault. Again, I am a fan of Bloomquist, but he is making it harder and harder to keep being a fan because of all his antics esp. this year . Another question, because I do not know the answer, when the Rumley device was banned, was it because other drivers or chassis manufactures complained?
    Francis is working for folks who keep changing the rules to accommodate cars that would fail. Only so much he can actually do. Besides, Mark Richards, I think most everyone cried about the $500 Rumley Device.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

why are you guys surprised Bronson would do this??

Thumbs down Along Came Bronson.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Seems odd that Mark would stoop that low and put his and Steve's reputation on the line. Rocket already builds a top of the line piece and has had very good drivers in thier house car. And they somehow feel the need to pull this stunt. I'm sure they're was probably some kind of compensation behind it.

Bronson's stats haven't been any better in a Rocket than they were in the Longhorn. He at least won one Lucas event with it. He seems to be one of those guys that has a big following and can move some merchandise but can't back it up come feature time.

I'm sure this thread will be deleted soon because it's anti rocket and that usually what happens
    This isn't the first time Mark has done this. He used Blankenship the exact same way, only he put that copy into production, the infamous "Orange" front end. However, you can't just graft parts of cars together and expect magic to happen. When a car is built right the suspension complements the chassis and vice versa. This is what makes Bloomquist's car so awesome, its a complete package, bumper to bumper designed to work in harmony. Too often racers get over focused on one thing and think if a little of something was good then going to an extreme should be awesome. Wrong. Balance is everything. To me it would be one thing to look at a competitors car and try and figure out what your missing, but to do it for sabotage isn't cool. Lots of people like and do business with Rocket, but I just don't like how they roll and then "Along came Bronson". I won't hurl any insults their way because I said I wouldn't do that anymore, but I must say none of this surprises me.

I'm not ok with cheating of any kind, but this seems like it was a planned strategy to take Bloomquist off the board at eldora. If they've known for a couple of months, why not contact the sanctions and show them what you found. I don't know what the infraction is exactly, except I guess it has to do with tubing size somewhere. If Weiss was wrong, how come Bloomquist was able to race? Was his car different?
    Last edited by CageFaraday; 09-10-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

Probably didn't want to take another whippin' at Eldora like they have in the past.

Its just a d1ck move on Bronson's part to have that info (rule infraction) in your back pocket and wait for the right time to pull it out of your pocket. Let Ricky travel over 17 hours to Eldora for the biggest race of the year and do it. Bush league move and way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Its just a d1ck move on Bronson's part to have that info (rule infraction) in your back pocket and wait for the right time to pull it out of your pocket. Let Ricky travel over 17 hours to Eldora for the biggest race of the year and do it. Bush league move and way to go about it.
    How could you even walk through the pit area knowing you pulled some stunt like that. Must those 16 wins prior to this was too much to grasp even though it never really made any difference.

Under the table stuff happens in almost every facet of business and sport. One party gets offended by something a competitor does and does something to strike back. Each successive move tends to heighten the fray and it goes from there. Would expect this back and forth may not be over.

Seems like I remember when Jd was winning with his secret device teams were taking pictures of his car when it was parked on the track during drivers introduction ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream