Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Engines and performance don’t appeal to anyone anymore because if your headlamp in your car goes out today you have to take the wheel off, the wheel covers off, remove 16 other items to replace the bulb then put it back together so unless you have a lift in your garage you’re taking it in to the nearest shop. The average person has no knowledge of cars anymore so they aren’t going to just come to the track themselves.

The track owners need to do a better job of making the racetrack a cool place to go. It’s the #1 reason why a business survives... customers! Even racecar drivers need customers or fans to survive. The real issue isn’t the rules. Teams will always break those with something new. You have to get more fans if you want to keep up with the cost of the sport. Not sure why that is so hard everyone (except Krooser) to understand! These teams work their tails off to get an advantage over the next guy and win. Most track owners do not work their tail off to get fans and make money. Seems they just open the gates and expect everyone to show up.
    Last edited by waaac77; 09-18-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Take away some traction through suspension and aero and you don't need 900 horsepower. But something needs to be done. Talent won't get you very far now compared to a big wad of money.

$25,000 claim rule

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Take away some traction through suspension and aero and you don't need 900 horsepower. But something needs to be done. Talent won't get you very far now compared to a big wad of money.
    I tend to agree with this guy. Is Bobby saying that a 410 WoO sprint car motor costs less than a competitive DLM motor?

These tracks/series cant even enforce most of the simplest rules so how would they effectively enforce a CID rule?

I wanna see Cody run a big money race on the hardest tires Hoosier offers with 3 inch spoilers. Lets see who can really drive!

Call it the Hard Tire Hundred.

Cody are u listening?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    No way do I want to see an engine cubic inch limit. They are called Super Late Models for a reason. No Neutered Late Models for me !
    Would you know the difference if nobody told You? Probably not.

I can tell you the 9-1 compression rule of the early 80's saved late model on pavement in Wisconsin... Even D*ck Trickle was an advocate. The CWRA implemented it, used a Whistler every night to enforce it and it meant you could run one engine two-three nights per week for two seasons without a rebuild.

Then the big dollar guys convinced Joe Lunchbox that spending more was better...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

The thing is once you give a Kid Ice Cream. You cant tel him he cant have more.

Quote Originally Posted by racindirty2 View Post
    $25,000 claim rule
    Claim rules have never worked.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Claim rules have never worked.
    Has to be one of the worst rules ever

Default Huck’s quote

Masters Bobby doesn’t want cars glued to the track ... unhook them and make them hard to drive and the 32 will be parked on the front straight every night . You can’t outwheel that kid you have to beat him on set Uk

Right. JD, Scott, Richards, EPJ, Owens, etc., they’d just blow. Didn’t you mention something in another thread about sooooo stupid?

The same people no matter the rules will be at the front. All of the ones who are good now will be good regardless.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Just glad to see high profile people in the sport speak out about it. Ray Cook, Bobby P., Jay D. Maybe if enough noise is made they can all finally get together at least. Doubt they will agree on something but at least talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    The thing is once you give a Kid Ice Cream. You cant tel him he cant have more.
    My parents did that to me numerous times.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    Engines are not the REAL issue. Yes, I know they are the most expensive part of the car, BUT, if you take measures to limit traction, i.e. suspension and body rules, then you won't need all that power because you can't get it to the ground. That will negate the cost of the huge engines because then you can build a more affordable, more reliable, longer lasting engine with less power that will be able to compete against the huge horsepower high dollar engines.

It's exactly the same principal in modifieds. They have little skinny tires and no aerodynamics hardly, but you can go and be competitive with a 604 Crate engine against a 600HP built motor.

If they would just reign in the bodies, which is probably one of the easiest things they could do, that would solve almost every other problem that they have. The cars cant use all that body roll for fancy suspension set-ups and traction if the nose height has a 8-10" maximum on the right hand side! Put them on a D55 or 1600 tire on the rear as well and we would be back to something somewhat reasonable. And the racing would be better too!
    That's called the Street Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    That's called the Street Class.
    Did you enjoy late models in the 1990s? 1980s? I did.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Did you enjoy late models in the 1990s? 1980s? I did.
    I have always liked them for what they were and are at the time. Except for the first couple of years that UMP was created. I still remember Bob Memmer giving his UMP dictatorial speech at Barren County. "we are organized, blah blah blah......... lol Bob loved that place, but I think they told him not to do that anymore.

And the window had to be big enough on the cars for Bob to get in and out of himself. Lee Hoffman type cars did not appeal to me.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 09-18-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Limiting piston speed would be a key to engine rules. Let them have 430+ but mandate the length of the rod. Remember these are supers.

This does away with the high revving motors and prolongs rebuilds due to the lesser piston speed. Not a really smart engine guy but wouldn't this nullify the advantage of the wide bores? Wider bores with shorter strokes =higher revs. Isn't this why everyone wants a wide bore?

Regardless taking away spoilers will not help. You definitely need to bring in the nose a foot or so and eliminate the splitter protrusion. The technology is out of the genie bottle. You can't put it back in regardless of what peopl on here think.

Default Cutting cost

Might cut some cost if you didnt beat the heck out of the right side of your car not to.mention tear the deck lid and spoiler off so one dementional as a driver up against the wall untill the cushion goes away then closer to the wall

CnB ya those guys will still be up front, but so will other drivers who absolutely have no chance to the way things are now...

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    Might cut some cost if you didnt beat the heck out of the right side of your car not to.mention tear the deck lid and spoiler off so one dementional as a driver up against the wall untill the cushion goes away then closer to the wall
    Could somebody translate???

Wide Bores allow bigger pistions, in turn more cubes. A 450 Wide Bore is a 430 Std, same stroke and rod, bigger piston.

You could mandate a spec block and head and let them go wild from there?

Spec motor with a weight break? like USMTS does?

Just say no...