Default Belleville In Car Camera

I know it's a sprint car but this is similar to late models.

https://youtu.be/tn-7_jhKFPs

Never lift! lol....

Here is an in car view of current I-80 promoter Joe Kosiski at Belleville from 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUG8rbGfdAg&t=8s
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

Thanks, Nice video. Track is on my bucketlist, would like to see the late models run there, but I don't think they liked the track, especially Birky!

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Thanks, Nice video. Track is on my bucketlist, would like to see the late models run there, but I don't think they liked the track, especially Birky!
    They only run crates there once a year now, just not enough open cars and what few regional sanctioning bodies left don't book shows there anymore. It's a fun place to make laps on, but to actually race on it's pretty tough to pass on.

The argument has always been what actual size is the track: is it a 1/2 or 5/8 mile. The track record is higher then the actual lap times you can run as they only qualified there twice since I know off (going back to mid 90's to present). However back in the day, Boen, Purkey, Anderson could run 16.30's at NCRA, MARS, or MLRA shows there. At a 1/2 mile that is 110mph average and at 5/8 it's 138mph, everyone agrees it's bigger then Eldora.

it's also way more banked then any video will show.

I would like to see a video of a race car on the Taswell, Tenn. track. I heard Taswell has higher banking than Bellville. Surely, Bloomquist must have had an in car camera at Taswell.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    They only run crates there once a year now, just not enough open cars and what few regional sanctioning bodies left don't book shows there anymore. It's a fun place to make laps on, but to actually race on it's pretty tough to pass on.

The argument has always been what actual size is the track: is it a 1/2 or 5/8 mile. The track record is higher then the actual lap times you can run as they only qualified there twice since I know off (going back to mid 90's to present). However back in the day, Boen, Purkey, Anderson could run 16.30's at NCRA, MARS, or MLRA shows there. At a 1/2 mile that is 110mph average and at 5/8 it's 138mph, everyone agrees it's bigger then Eldora.

it's also way more banked then any video will show.
    https://youtu.be/dtu6lf8F6fw

Found this video shot from the stands in hotlaps. We have always said it is a half mile if you measure it on the bottom but more like 5/8 on the top.

Its a 305 C.I. sprint car

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I would like to see a video of a race car on the Taswell, Tenn. track. I heard Taswell has higher banking than Bellville. Surely, Bloomquist must have had an in car camera at Taswell.
    I'll try to find one. Tazewell is a small track but the top speeds are 115 or maybe more on the record lap. The banking is the steepest in the nation. This is a must see track for any race fan period. It is really about 5/16 in size.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    That is not a sprint car, it is an outlaw micro sprint car (closer to a go-cart than an actual sprint car).
    I really didn't check that out. I just saw the video in what appeared to be a full sprint car. No wonder the top speeds were not as high as what they really do in real sprints and LM's.

Here is Owens at Tazewell. The camera does not show how steep the banking is. Just like the Belleville video does not either.

Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 09-28-2018 at 10:48 AM.

I just read where USAC didn't hold the Midget Nationals at Belleville this year. Too big, too fast, too much $$$$ to run.

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    Its a 305 C.I. sprint car
    You are correct (I should have watched the entire video before commenting).

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I really didn't check that out. I just saw the video in what appeared to be a full sprint car. No wonder the top speeds were not as high as what they really do in real sprints and LM's.
    You were correct. I should have watched the entire video before commenting. I looked at the opening part of the video, where it was sitting in the infield and mistook it for a micro-sprint.

With that being said, as another poster correctly noted, it is a limited motor sprint.

What about Golden Isles before they shortened it a few years back? Seems I remember the Street Stocks were hitting something like 130 mph on the straights, not laps times of course. Never was there so just asking.

Thanks for the Tazewell video. Very interesting track. I will have to make it down there for a SLM race soon. Curious to see how passes are made on that track.