Default Congrats to Rusty, Tyler & CJ on another UMP National Championship

I know he gets a lot of grief on here for not running with Lucas or WoO. But Rusty Schlenk and Tyler Bork have landed their second straight UMP Championship. This is Rusty's third overall title. Thanks to Tyler, Rusty has had better equipment and deeper resources than he's had in years past. True, they started the season on the WoO tour. But as smart businessmen they seen that they were passing good money close to home to compete for a rookie title that they weren't quite ready for. I admire their decision to leave the tour and keep themselves above water. To many have rode themselves into bankruptcy by not knowing when to punt. This team has taken another step in becoming more. Rusty is no longer a shoestring racer. He has been a regional standout now for a couple of years. I'm sure they will continue to build on this growth. Over 20 feature wins so far, and the team is stepping out of their comfort zone with some races that are left in the season. But most of all, CJ Rayburn has gotten another championship as a chassis builder. CJ knows what works, Rusty knows how to apply it with todays technology, Tyler knows what equipment is needed to compete. I'm excited to see this combo grow more in the future...

I had more respect for them pre dirt million this year. Drove past Mansfield to go race at lernerville for a weekly show

Congrats to any driver who wins a championship. Since my money is not involved with any team, I never question where a race team wants to run. That is always their business and if they win something, we should congratulate them IMO

Dlmfan... I believe they had their big engine lay down just before the Million. With the straight aways at Mansfield you had better bring some HP. I believe They had one 2 or 3 features there before the Million.

still to win the UMP title is a nice award.. good job Rusty & team..

Will he be at the World since UMP points are
    clinched?
    Last edited by drunkinashortbus; 10-09-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkinashortbus View Post
    Will he be at the World since UMP points areclinched?
    I don’t understand why anybody would go being that your already behind on points and points mean so much

I gotta agree. If you weren't there for the Thursday show, you are handicapped at coming out on the plus side or even breaking even...

Not really because some of those guys wont be back. This might be the best chance for someone to make the world. Its no different then someone having a bad Thursday like Scott James he will be back.
    Last edited by drunkinashortbus; 10-09-2018 at 05:15 PM.

He will be racing in Tennessee this weekend.

My comments were nothing bad to Rusty I like him. I was just saying this might be a guys best chance to make the world. Most likely around 80 cars show up. That is what 14 car heats. Ive seen some come from deep heats then run a bmain and make it.

Congratulations to Rusty and his crew !!

Why go to Mansfield and burn through 3-4 sets of tires (maybe more) and wear and tear on that chitty race surface. Heck didn't Moyer pull out and leave to go to a $5k race?

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Congrats to any driver who wins a championship. Since my money is not involved with any team, I never question where a race team wants to run. That is always their business and if they win something, we should congratulate them IMO
    I Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by drunkinashortbus View Post
    Not really because some of those guys wont be back. This might be the best chance for someone to make the world. Its no different then someone having a bad Thursday like Scott James he will be back.
    And anybody who goes in fresh is already 100 some points behind him!