Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking news

He fella work 80 hours a week running your nationally reknown deck business , do everything on your pierce car your self and race 5 times a year and show me how it’s done .... you can’t compare the best effort of a the best teams in the country to a guy like me racing 5 times a year as a hobby who’s just not willing to pay 50k for a xr1 rolling chassis set up for me . I have not come close to be 100% at eldora yet but I won’t stop trying

So, why don't you see its hard for some of us to take you serious when you only race 5 times a year?Thats cool if that's all you wanna race, but you're spending a lot of money going to the World knowing you don't really have much of a chance to make the show. Isn't that hypocritical?

No disrespect for you, but Id like to hear from some racers that race every week or at least every other week. I agree with some of your body rule suggestions, just not the hard tires all way around. Heck, most Lucas races, they only allow 2 compounds on the rr!

Default Zero

But he does race, and isn’t bad at a local to regional show. And his ideas are good.

You have priorities in life, I make mine running equipment, he makes his with decks etc. That is what pays your bills, whatever hobbies you have in life are second to your job. You have a point if he is comparing himself to national talent, but he isn’t, so he is just as qualified as anyone yet on here and more than me and most.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Kazual...better racing is exactly the reason the bodies on these cars need to change. I don't go to the track for aesthetics. I want to see good, hard, side by side racing, and that happens less frequently these days b/c of the cars!!

Today's door stop cars are so aero-dependant that the clear advantage goes to A) the high $$ teams who have the time/funds to test on the track & in the wind tunnel and B) whoever starts up front b/c the wide nose pieces, flared side panels, etc. make it much more difficult to race side by side and pass in dirty air.

But truthfully...it doesn't even matter anymore. The people with the power to regulate and improve the sport won't, so the hell with it. Enjoy what we have, while we still can.

Default It's rarely about hucks racing skillz.

It's almost always his " look at me" mantra that gets him the grief he gets.......and he knows that which is why he does it so often.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Had the old body mocked up on my '04 Smackdown... my non-racing neighbors couldn't ID it as a race car... or even a car.

Wanna save LM racing? Make them look like a real car again not a refrigerator laying on it's back.
    You own a wedge shaped fridge????

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You own a wedge shaped fridge????
    I guess that puts it all in perspective !!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's almost always his " look at me" mantra that gets him the grief he gets.......and he knows that which is why he does it so often.
    He's retired from racing and going full time 4M Ape!!!!!!

The SLM race cars would still look cool with the nosepiece two to three foot shorter. A shorter nosepiece would make it easier for the racer to weave in and out of traffic instead of waiting for an opportunity to pass.