Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Huck you mean you mean your table saw dont run off a 430 all aluminum? Lol ur sprayers don use the stain that comes in those vp 55 gal drums? Lol im just kiddin with ya...

thats honestly how absurd it is. They wanted justification as to why I needed soo many actual construction tools !! I’m talking circular saws and table saws were a point of contention for them !! I’m just saying lots of people claim lots of things as deductions but until it’s audited that doesn’t mean it’s legit. Like people go out and spend 500 on dinner and booze every week and deduct it lol. I mean yeah that’s great until it gets audited ... The people in charge with looking into it aren’t stupid and they actually do research before they come out. Either way I can care less , I’ll continue to do everything by the book and others can roll the dice all they want.

formercrewguy you're missing the point. the suggestions being made don't have to make the cars cheaper to build in order for them to have the desired effect. what they have to do is make it so that it doesn't help anyone to spend more money in order to be competitive. if you take away traction, then engines don't automatically become cheaper, but it does allow cheaper engines to be competitive. it doesn't make shocks cheaper, but it does negate some of the advantage of having them

Yes that is correct. If you made no spread bore rules then you make a bunch of motors obsolete, if you can take away 10% of the traction the 10% more HP a spread bore makes is irrelevant. It’s not about dumbing down the sport it’s about making people rely more on driving and chassis set up than on aero and HP

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k4 View Post
    But that's not illegal. Taking advantage of loop hole isn't illegal. When you use the term "illegal" you're implying people are breaking the law and that's a serious allegation to make without proof.

Why? Again are we talking national, regional, or local? Why should the national series, that the best of the best compete in be dumbed down for the regional and local guys. There are lots of dirt tracks all around the country and local racers can race weekly at those local track. There are the regional series and drivers who wish to follow those can as well. That means there are at least 2 other levels that those who can afford to run the national series can compete one. So, why should we dumb down the top series to "level the playing field". Maybe the NFL should shortened their fields from 100 yards to 50 yards so lesser teams stand a better chance? Maybe the NBA should lower their baskets to 5 feet so short guys can dunk with the best of them? Perhaps, MLB should out law fast balls and shorten all the parks so everyone can hit a home run?
    It hasn't been the best of the best in a long time. Just like NASCAR, it's the richest of the racers.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    It hasn't been the best of the best in a long time. Just like NASCAR, it's the richest of the racers.
    Right. Im sure theres a lot of Ross Chastains in late model racing too, got the skills but will never get a shot because of $...