Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big E tickets

No one knows what eldora makes except the accountant . Whatever it makes it well deserved period

Well they make enough to stay open every year, have big money races and keep the place up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by FANSFund View Post
    Knoxville:
    $106 for reserved three days (not advanced price)
    $7K Thurs / $7K Fri / $40K Sat

Florence:
    $96 for reserved three days (not advanced price)
    $10K Thurs / $10K Fri / $50K Sat + mod show

Cedar Lake
    $90 for reserved three days (not advanced price)
    $6K Thurs / $50K Sat + local late model show

Eldora
    $113 for reserved three days (advanced price)
    2 x $10K Thurs / 2 x $10K Fri / $52K Sat

For the quality of field attending Eldora, the quality facilitites, full shows each night and the purse they pay out... it would seem like the $113 is a very good value. You are getting two additional $10K events Fri/Sat for basically $10 each night versus the other big events.

While we all know Eldora makes huge coin on these major events, the one thing you cannot say is that they are overpriced compared to other major events. Now, if you compare the event to the Sprint Car Knoxville Nationals and the payout they are providing racers at their marquee event versus Knoxville (fyi... $150K to win and $10K start + payouts each night)... well now that is where the debate REALLY begins.

Rich Olson
    Minneapolis, MN
    As always Rich,

You are among the the few 4Mers with a voice of reason.

Nicely stated on the various Crown Jewels.

Nothing will ever compare to the World 100, event wise, so a few extra dollars is not un-expected..Or surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by FANSFund View Post
    Knoxville:$106 for reserved three days (not advanced price)$7K Thurs / $7K Fri / $40K SatFlorence:$96 for reserved three days (not advanced price)$10K Thurs / $10K Fri / $50K Sat + mod showCedar Lake$90 for reserved three days (not advanced price)$6K Thurs / $50K Sat + local late model showEldora$113 for reserved three days (advanced price)2 x $10K Thurs / 2 x $10K Fri / $52K SatFor the quality of field attending Eldora, the quality facilitites, full shows each night and the purse they pay out... it would seem like the $113 is a very good value. You are getting two additional $10K events Fri/Sat for basically $10 each night versus the other big events.While we all know Eldora makes huge coin on these major events, the one thing you cannot say is that they are overpriced compared to other major events. Now, if you compare the event to the Sprint Car Knoxville Nationals and the payout they are providing racers at their marquee event versus Knoxville (fyi... $150K to win and $10K start + payouts each night)... well now that is where the debate REALLY begins.Rich OlsonMinneapolis, MN
    Rich what does it cost to go to the 410 nats for the 4 days they race

I think us dirt fans have it pretty good when you think about going to a nascar race for 3 days or just a 9 inning cubs game.. I'll pay it Eldora and thanks for staying open

Exactly !! Eldora is even nicer everytime I go back, nothing compares to eldora , the fact that their ticket prices are in line with anywhere else is remarkable. A 20k 1 day show at Pittsburgh that pays 1200 to start is 75 for a pit pass on top of the 105 entry fee ....

Just keep the beer prices the same and all will be well

One thing we can't complain about at Eldora, is the food prices.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Exactly !! Eldora is even nicer everytime I go back, nothing compares to eldora , the fact that their ticket prices are in line with anywhere else is remarkable. A 20k 1 day show at Pittsburgh that pays 1200 to start is 75 for a pit pass on top of the 105 entry fee ....
    In all fairness, PMS is the gold standard in bending you over. They have been for 30 years. Higher prices than anyone, and no money back into the place.

And yes, Tony is putting money into Eldora. Lots. He has done a ton. As a promoter/owner, he has done a great job with Eldora.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I have no issue with paying a few extra bucks for Eldora, well worth it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I wonder if it will still be a deal in 5 years when 40 cars show up.....

Quote Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
    Truck race actually went down... $40 in 2018 and $34 in 2019.
    They don't even sell out the truck race any more. Nobody wants to watch them log wagons after seeing the Late Models.

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    They don't even sell out the truck race any more. Nobody wants to watch them log wagons after seeing the Late Models.
    The street stocks are much better too.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I wonder if it will still be a deal in 5 years when 40 cars show up.....
    Only 40 cars for the World 100, the biggest race around? Or the Dream for that matter! I'll take that bet!!

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Only 40 cars for the World 100, the biggest race around? Or the Dream for that matter! I'll take that bet!!
    I dont think I am that far off. Its a huge expense to race on that track for 3 nights to start with. Next, think about all the tracks that now run a decent paying race that weekend. Its no longer a sacred weekend, its just another weekend. When the son of the winningest driver of that race does not show up to try to win and cherry picks a race 'closer' to home then yea, sorry its just another race to some people.

I just read that Ronnie Delk is done as a car owner this weekend. Calling it a money pit. Just another car owner (rich guy) gone and there is not a line of more rich guys to take his place. Its happening all around racing for some time. Some people just choose to think that paying another $25k to the Dream winner and not back back the field seems like a great idea!

This years DEFENDING Nascar owner called it quits. A billionaire that does not want to spend his own money. Sponsorships for the big boys are hard to find let alone at this level. Dwindling car counts are in every form of motorsport. I am big NHRA fan, a decade ago you would have 22 plus cars vying for a 16 car Sunday field. Lately some fields have not been full. 3 top Pro Stock racers are moving on next year. Top Fuel is same way. Capco putting Billy in a car to fill the field. 2 80 year old guys that dont have a chance in heck of making it past first round as well.

Nascar lowered starting fields to 40 from 43 and most races rarely have over 36. so what happens when the rest of the Barney Vissers back out?

Racing has NEVER been a poor guys way to have fun but come on. So yea at this rate there will be 40 cars at the World 100....

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I only go there to use the restrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I have no issue with paying a few extra bucks for Eldora, well worth it.
    SHHHHH!!!!

That encourages them to keep raising the prices!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Seems like a big increase for only 25k extra...
    Maybe only about 20% of the price increases went into the purse?