Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I was told to always be looking for a different job. Doesn't have to be everyday or even everyweek. Doesn't matter who the employer is you could go in one day and the doors and gates locked.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I was told to always be looking for a different job. Doesn't have to be everyday or even everyweek. Doesn't matter who the employer is you could go in one day and the doors and gates locked.
    I agree with this 100%. And if I work (or drive) for a company/owner that would get rid of or hinder me from trying to better myself then thats a clear sign that that’s not a company/owner that I’d want to associate myself with.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    If he talked to DB and his team owner said Eff off and sold everything I agree with him. It takes an enormous investment from the team owner with no chance of a return only huge losses to give a guy who is not a proven top notch late model driver a ride in top notch stuff and he disrespects that by looking for another ride ?? He who has the gold
    Makes the rules ...
    If he isn’t top notch, or potential top notch, why would multiple great teams be interested? If any employer, ever, tried to prevent me or ridicule me for trying to better my life, or my families? Then they aren’t anything but selfish pricks. I know that’s just a rumor but if you believe it.

A lot of you forget Marlar had a fair amount of bad luck, at non WoO races, crashed up at Eldora is one i remember.

You blow a couple motors, and crash a couple cars and your spending $$.

Glad he won the WoO Title, i am sure he will land on his feet.

Just say no...

Does Delk put anyone in the car?

Delk seemed to be willing to spend plenty of $$,He changed chassis more than once when what they had was performing very well.

I believe Delk ran Rockett chassis all year in the WOO LM Series , but used different chassis in non WOO races. Maybe Delk was just bench marking other chassis to the Rockett.

Maybe he was,but it was an expensive test.

End of the year Mikey drove a longhorn because there other rocket was wore out and they couldn’t get there hands on a rocket quick enough

Different situation, this was not a productive company, this was a car owner that was losing lots of money supporting Hoffman's racing. He should have fired him if thats what happened.

Crossbones you get it !! This car owner was blowing a ton of money to provide cars for Hoffman to go have fun with !! It’s not like
    Hoffman was running a money making enterprise for him. When I say nick is a proven top notch super late talent yet I mean he’s not mentioned with Sheppard , Owens , O’Neil , Pierce , Marlar etc etc . I’m not saying he’s not good , I’m just saying he isn’t proven enough to $hit on car owners lol I know it’s hard to beleive but there aren’t that many car owners out there

The Rocket they traded for a Longhorn had about 20 shows on it. Guess they wear out fast.

That’s interesting , you see a bunch of 25-30 race old XR1 cars for sale but then claims there is 200 shows on the house car .... it’s pretty hard for both of those to be true

It’s O’Neal, not O’Neil huck.

As someone who changed companies last year, I have a little insight on this. If it’s somewhere in a pinch you may go back to, do not burn that bridge. If it’s somewhere that you feel isn’t safe or good for anyone to work at and they could care less about you, and you will not return, then do what ya want.

I’ve personally only once called on a Friday and said I will not be there Monday. And it was by far a great move. Ridiculously unsafe, underbid jobs, push push push, travel all over the place, change the company name at least twice, and so on. Went under in around 2010 I’d say. I’m sure he’s still somewhere sinking some company, but man, just horrible.

If it’s somewhere you’d go back to in a pinch, you should give them two weeks and they should be civil and understand, even maybe try to get you to stay.

Now, what happened to Hoffman, I understand. They did a lot for an unproven late model driver, so what he did was a slap on the face.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

*In the face.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Marlar was in a Rocket at Charlotte.

The quote function isn't working for me, this board seems messed up.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Marlar was in a Rocket at Charlotte.The quote function isn't working for me, this board seems messed up.lol
    Yes. The rocket was for woo races only

Well Blount makes the most sense they got rid of smokey mountain and they are from East Tennessee but I just don't that's who it is.

Blount makes no sense what so ever. Blount has always been a regional team several drivers have left that team because they did not want to run a national series. They like to race when they want to where they want to and not being tied to a schedule. DB makes the most sense.