Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs down

#17 obviously slammed the door on #20, but left his own fingers in the way... Looked like a move I've seen Richard's use a thousand times, cutting a dudes nose off. #17 got what he got for a CS move in my book, wish somebody would do that to Richards a few times and break him of some bad driving habits.
    “Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.” — The Dude

That’s exactly it ... you CAN jump out of the throttle and spin out and get run over Or you can try to save it and save your spot like Owens did . Owens races for his money , you can’t expect him to slam on the brakes and wreck his car to avoid someone driving across his hood. Like I said Dohm might not have known he was there but he WAS there .... that was absolutely not some flagrant foul on Owens . That one that sent Owens flipping down the front straight at Knoxville was flagrant lol

Owens didn't wreck anyone. Not sure what race u were at or watching. He did all he could do to prevent any type of contact. 20 is a clean racer and has respect for everyone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    If your telling me Jimmy didn't drive into turn 1 to hard u don't get it.
    He drove into turn 1 expecting to be left a groove, and at the last second, the door got slammed. I get it 100%. And by then it's too late. Racing deal.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

If he gets on the brakes to avoid Dohm on entry, the car turns right and he’s going up across the track. Suicide move. He had to over rotate to attempt to stay out of Dohm.

After the initial contact that sends them up the track:
    If Jimmy goes hard left, he backs his car into the wall (chassis damage).
    If he gets on the brakes, the car goes right and he’s into the wall with the RF.
    In the moment all he’s trying to do is not wreck his car.

He was trying to not wreck .... people who haven’t raced don’t understand that

Huck describes it perfectly Dohm jerked it left Owens was committed looks like to me Owens pitched it sideways to try to stay off him. One thing people need to remember if you ain't never been in one things are happening so fast you make a commitment and the other car don't do what you think he's gonna do it's too late been there done that.Folks it ain't like playing a video game. It was a racing incident and I'm pretty sure after both watch video they will feel the same I would if it involved me.

Haven’t seen the video but Owens has an established record as a clean racer. Drivers like him, Bloomer, and Pearson don’t make preemptive moves that put themselves or others at unnecessary risk.
    I hate time trials.

i guess its back around to jimmy,s time to be bashed on here , but , come on Gears , you should have something legitimate instead of pure BS.......

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i guess its back around to jimmy,s time to be bashed on here , but , come on Gears , you should have something legitimate instead of pure BS.......
    Plain and simple.....when you have your nose to the other drivers door, that's your lane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I always thought Owens was Mister Clean and showed other racers a lot of respect. Must have been unavoidable incidents.
    In his early days he did that all the time. That's why I never became a fan.

Always driving under someone and not letting up.

I see a lot of defense for his actions on here. But I see it other way, because he turns it into an issue by committing himself. You can't always drive under someone and not let off. And he was really bad about that years ago. Is he cleaner now, I don't know, some say so.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 11-04-2018 at 02:43 PM.

The Newport Nightmare is a role model for DLM Racing... In every aspect, I assume that even the most respectful get in over their head at times but to start a thread such as this on a man such as Jimmy shows that some people will always keep the saying " you can't fix stupid " alive and well...

Sure seemed Dohm pinched Jimmy off, so you sure as heck cannnot be surprised 2 see what happened gone into the turn. And also, I seen a ton of garbage on the bookface from the Dohms, and that just isnt a good look for them for sure, cuz I always liked TIM cuz he seemed to race and ACT the right way. Every1 likes to see a small guy get chances, but being a clown with Jimmy O ain’t gonna help’

There always running there mouth about how Zack deserves everything and when somthing unfortunate happens it’s everybodys fault but theres

Don’t think it’s Zack, it’s mostly his gf on Facebook posting things.

Yeah, her and her facebook warriors are real class acts!

"Jiimy Owens is a loser" is her thread title!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Yeah, her and her facebook warriors are real class acts!

"Jiimy Owens is a loser" is her thread title!
    Bunch of idiots on that post, that know nothing about racing. Just being homers and I like zack but it was as much his fault as anybody’s.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Yeah, her and her facebook warriors are real class acts!"Jiimy Owens is a loser" is her thread title!
    Musta been what I seen. Boy oh boy that ain’t cool at all. Crazy 4 a gf to call 1 of the best in Jimmy O a loser, when Zack ain’t won a ton and failed a tire test after his 1 big win!!

He took out Dohm not hard too see that but with bare that's racing

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    He took out Dohm not hard too see that but with bare that's racing
    Americas Best has a deal for you......2 pair of glasses and an eye exam for $69!