Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Madden to Capital

Just read on DOD that Madden is running Capital next year. I can’t believe him and BWRC split. They seemed to be pretty dang good this year and we’re very competitive. I think it’s a great move for Capital Race Cars but a bad move for Madden and I’m not even a Madden fan.

That is a pretty interesting move. I know Chris and Barry have always been pretty tight. With the lack of other national touring guys out there in Capital cars, I would have thought if he was going to make a move it would be to something like Club29/Black Diamond or maybe Rocket.

I can't believe it took 3 weeks to get out....and if the numbers and the details I heard are correct, Madden would be crazy not to take the Capital deal.
    Last edited by No_Weak_Links; 11-20-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Why exactly is it a bad move? Has anyone not seen that Madden has won in EVERY chassis he has ever sat in? Capital is bringing him in to get their brand better. There were no BWRCs on the WoO tour either and he nearly won the championship and had 8 WoO and 12 total wins. As I understand it he has already made several design changes to the chassis which they will be testing soon. I am sure this will be a good deal for both parties.

Is this the deal that fell thru with Marlar? It says Madden to pilot Bruening backed Capital.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Why exactly is it a bad move? Has anyone not seen that Madden has won in EVERY chassis he has ever sat in? Capital is bringing him in to get their brand better. There were no BWRCs on the WoO tour either and he nearly won the championship and had 8 WoO and 12 total wins. As I understand it he has already made several design changes to the chassis which they will be testing soon. I am sure this will be a good deal for both parties.
    Exactly! When he left Bloomer and went to Longhorn, everyone said that was a bad move. When he went to BWRC everyone including myself said that was a bad move. Now they say Capital is a bad move. I have now learned to not second guess Smokey Madden

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    I can't believe it took 3 weeks to get out....and if the numbers and the details I heard are correct, Madden would be crazy not to take the Capital deal.
    I figured it had more to do with money than performance on him leaving BWRC, they were rock solid. I think its as simple as Capital(sponsor) wanted Madden to come in and help them improve, he is a very sharp chassis guy in his own right. I don't expect to ever see Madden in a Rocket, they have a plenty deep talent pool and Madden doesn't need them. To run with Rocket you have to be willing to shop exactly where the masses do, like Walmart. Madden is more comfortable I'm assuming with a boutique builder, like Bloomquist, BWRC or Capital, it keeps your internal competition lower, less of your tech gets out to the rest of the universe. Black Diamond has become a little too big and running well enough they don't need his services. In the end its a business and if someone is offering money, you take it.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Is this the deal that fell thru with Marlar? It says Madden to pilot Bruening backed Capital.
    Indeed it is.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    That is a pretty interesting move. I know Chris and Barry have always been pretty tight. With the lack of other national touring guys out there in Capital cars, I would have thought if he was going to make a move it would be to something like Club29/Black Diamond or maybe Rocket.
    It may have been missed by some, but Clanton had a good piece at the end of the season. Plenty to build from.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

madden has learned a lot from driving these other chassis and working with there builders , i feel he will use what he has learned and improve marshal and shane,s product , i look for them to be a force to be reckoned with in 2019 . by the way , welcome back MBR , now you behave your self ...LOL.....

Madden's been in just about everything and had it out front. He could probably design and build his own front running cars if he had the backing and equipment.

Chris is a smart dude when it comes to cars and setups. He'd be an asset for any chassis manufacturer.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

My question is. Does anyone get in the BWRC? And who?

Money talks. Madden had a great year,and led both races this weekend for a bit. Mechanial Gremlins and flats seemed to hurt them more than anything. Chris and Barry and their team did a great job.
    Formerly 66#1

Good luck to Chris and all parties involved. Go get'um Smokey!!

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Madden's been in just about everything and had it out front. He could probably design and build his own front running cars if he had the backing and equipment.
    i think that may be the ultimate goal with this new coalition ......

Capital Race Cars is one of the finest crafted race cars i have looked at, the workmanship is 2nd to none. Clanton looked plenty fast at Charlotte, just motor problems. I am quite sure Madden will be plenty fast in one.

Just say no...

World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series
    ·
    2m
    BREAKING NEWS:
    @chrismadden44
    will pilot a Greg Bruening-owned
    @capitalracecars
    ride alongside
    @clanton25
    for his 3rd full-time season with the #WoOCraftLMS

Can someone give us the background/history of Greg Bruening? Thanks.

I thought everyone said he was going to take over BWRC. What happened to that?
    Scott Kleindorfer