Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dome race

If he was truly understanding of the race ole Rusty would have said I drew the 1 pill and that's what won the race! That place is awful for racing, add some banking on that top and maybe it might be alright... until then meh is all its getting. Only way your passing is if someone tries the top or someone wrecks.

well , they all knew this when they showed up , sooooooo.........

It's the same thing every year after the Thursday portion. The show starts tomorrow...bet the lower bowl sells out Saturday. As far as the racing goes, its no different than the past 2 years, let them get some rubber laid down and once it widens out it'll race much better. No, it's not going to race like Eldora or even Belleville for that matter but it's still pretty awesome and good for the sport. The atmosphere in the building come saturday will be electric.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    well , they all knew this when they showed up , sooooooo.........
    Not saying they didn't, just stating where you start has the most impact on the finish at the Dome.

dont want to jinx him but if Bobby cant win his heat sheeesh lol..How many laps is the a main? any 20-25 lapper after a worked track here theres not gna be any passing...

After last night being that dominate, he should jump back on the WoO tour for 2019. I'm sure he would be really competitive next year on tour after winning in the dome. Good thing he drew a 1 last night.

Where can I find heat race lineups?

Default CnB

I guessing that had be the victory lane interview? It might had do with adrenaline and being emotional coming off like that. Post race interview with dod he was being pretty humble but can tell he was still excited.

I can think of several tracks that offer races as exciting as the dome... Just saying....

Who's the new dirtondirt media reporter??

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    If he was truly understanding of the race ole Rusty would have said I drew the 1 pill and that's what won the race! That place is awful for racing, add some banking on that top and maybe it might be alright... until then meh is all its getting. Only way your passing is if someone tries the top or someone wrecks.
    I have seen worst racing from Lucas and woo events on 1/2 mile track, zero passing, one groove train racing. Erb made moves through the field.

This is whats wrong with Late Model racing today! Sclenk winning the race is great for the sport! It gives hope to the smaller guys, but instead they decide to attack him, thats just plain foolish. Schlenk ran good all year and won plenty of big races, and also had zero help from other drivers driving the same chassis as he, no other real CJ's out there! I can say without question if Davenport or Bloomer would have won, it would be because they are the best driver. There are plenty of drivers in the dirt world that are just as good if not better than most of the guys running Lucas or WOO, they just dont have the funds to be relevant. Rusty is right, that track is the great equalizer. And besides Dennis Erb jr started 9 and finished 3rd.
    Last edited by play4kps; 11-30-2018 at 02:18 PM.

From the pics I saw on DoD was there even anyone there? I know it was Thursday night.

It's the great equalizer when you start on the pole lol

Two of the cars Erb passed had mechanical issues.

Right and Erb is the same guy everybody said is washed up and needs to run local! So he only passed 5 cars, Davenport couldnt pass for the lead. Nobody would say a word in Scott or Davenport won. And sadly Im no big fan of Rusty, but its great to see somebody different win a race! Thats why dirt racing has gotten to this point, the same people winning and taking all the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    I have seen worst racing from Lucas and woo events on 1/2 mile track, zero passing, one groove train racing. Erb made moves through the field.
    Oh there is defiantly worse racing, not arguing that. Erb made moves staying on the bottom. It will get exciting when people wreck each other trying to pass. Period!

Anybody that moved off the bottom lost positions. 5 out of 6 modified heats won from number 1 spot. Should get interesting around 3 pm

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    From the pics I saw on DoD was there even anyone there? I know it was Thursday night.
    Everybody was on the front stretch it looked like to me

Just like nascar you guys want a dirt late model country club!